Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valoosj

A few weeks ago I went insane with my mini delay. Still have to debug the @#$%er  :icon_evil:
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

danielzink

Zendrive Clone:

HAO Rustdriver clone:

Dan

rousejeremy

I'm going to have to start wiring with tweezers if I want to contribute to this thread.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

danielzink

Quote from: rousejeremy on April 25, 2009, 11:54:07 PM
I'm going to have to start wiring with tweezers if I want to contribute to this thread.

Close !..........

I have two pairs of hemostats I use when "threading" the wires around these enclosures.

Dan

solderman

Quote from: danielzink on April 26, 2009, 12:18:10 AM

Close !..........

I have two pairs of hemostats I use when "threading" the wires around these enclosures.

Dan

Hi Dan. I can see you haven't been sleeping ether ;D
As allways a very tidy and nice work and nice looking layouts.  4 pots!! most be a wold record for this size box. Besides the fuzz witch is a nearly basic Si fuzz, i have the Easy Vibe on my to do list. It sort of become possible after I did the 4LDRx1LED stunt on one. I just might use the Tremulous Lune LFO for the LFO part. A problem that has occurred is that there are so many of them on my board now that the signal gets dull because of me using crappy patch cables. But instead of baying costly ones I have put a line driver in front. Works like a charm. Only have to box it.
I'm all over the planet looking for low profile jacks at the moment . I have found some Marshall replasements jacks but they are abot €5.5. Have you stumbeled on any thing that way??

Keep up your good work

//Solderman
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

rousejeremy

Close !..........

Closing in on nanotechnology. I can't wait to see what the Borg post here.

Dan
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

danielzink

Quote from: solderman on April 26, 2009, 12:42:27 AM

Close !..........

Dan

Hi Dan. I can see you haven't been sleeping ether ;D
As allways a very tidy and nice work and nice looking layouts.  4 pots!! most be a wold record for this size box. Besides the fuzz witch is a nearly basic Si fuzz, i have the Easy Vibe on my to do list. It sort of become possible after I did the 4LDRx1LED stunt on one. I just might use the Tremulous Lune LFO for the LFO part. A problem that has occurred is that there are so many of them on my board now that the signal gets dull because of me using crappy patch cables. But instead of baying costly ones I have put a line driver in front. Works like a charm. Only have to box it.
I'm all over the planet looking for low profile jacks at the moment . I have found some Marshall replasements jacks but they are abot €5.5. Have you stumbeled on any thing that way??

Keep up your good work

//Solderman

oooooooooo.....keep me posted on the Easyvibe !

Nice jacks to bad so $$$$$$$$$.......

Dan

solderman

Just realised i forgot to post the interior of the new boxes.
Here is the Never Mind Chorus. I seem to have miss placed the rest on my hard drive but i don't now where. have to do some searching I think.

yes I know. I chickend out and used a socket for the BBD.

//Solderman

www.soldersound.com

iaresee

I get to join the club. But this will probably be my only entry. I might have saved myself some room, but the frustration was high during this build. I made a number of stupid mistakes along the way and it took me two tries tonight to get everything to fit in this box. And it's not even really exciting at all. I just can't handle small spaces I guess.

Left input takes a TRS plug from my amp. The right side goes to a relay controlled by my looper that connects tip to sleeve. The switch connects ring to sleeve. There's a red LED in the T-S path so when the looper closes the relay the LED lights (my amp puts 12V across the sleeve and tip/ring). This gives me some strong visual indication that I'm on the red channel on my amp. The DPDT controls the "boost" function on the amp. The amp function is actually a cut function, but I wired the green LED opposite the R-S connection so when the LED is on it's indicating I'm using the louder of two selectable volumes (which happens to occur when ring and sleeve are not connected). Had to wire in external power for this to work.

Anyhow, that's a positively spacious build compared to some of the stuff I've seen in this thread. My hat is off to you who can put actual effects into these tiny boxes.

solderman

Quote from: iaresee on April 27, 2009, 12:38:58 AM
I get to join the club. But this will probably be my only entry. I might have saved myself some room, but the frustration was high during this build. I made a number of stupid mistakes along the way and it took me two tries tonight to get everything to fit in this box. And it's not even really exciting at all. I just can't handle small spaces I guess.

Left input takes a TRS plug from my amp. The right side goes to a relay controlled by my looper that connects tip to sleeve. The switch connects ring to sleeve. There's a red LED in the T-S path so when the looper closes the relay the LED lights (my amp puts 12V across the sleeve and tip/ring). This gives me some strong visual indication that I'm on the red channel on my amp. The DPDT controls the "boost" function on the amp. The amp function is actually a cut function, but I wired the green LED opposite the R-S connection so when the LED is on it's indicating I'm using the louder of two selectable volumes (which happens to occur when ring and sleeve are not connected). Had to wire in external power for this to work.

Anyhow, that's a positively spacious build compared to some of the stuff I've seen in this thread. My hat is off to you who can put actual effects into these tiny boxes.
Hi and your very welcome.
Nice build and from your description a worthwhile thing too given your setup.
After you have put the first frustration aside I think you might wane try a new one. Some low component count like a Fuzz for example. I just finnished one and the layout will be on my site in a coupple of days. I'm positive you can handle small spaces as good as me or anybody else. It's all in the planning. To me this is like playing chess. If you make just a tiny unplanned, not thought true, move you are smoked. To me, this is the real challenge.
//Solderman

www.soldersound.com

iaresee

Quote from: solderman on April 27, 2009, 12:59:32 AM
Hi and your very welcome.
Nice build and from your description a worthwhile thing too given your setup.
After you have put the first frustration aside I think you might wane try a new one. Some low component count like a Fuzz for example. I just finnished one and the layout will be on my site in a coupple of days. I'm positive you can handle small spaces as good as me or anybody else. It's all in the planning. To me this is like playing chess. If you make just a tiny unplanned, not thought true, move you are smoked. To me, this is the real challenge.
//Solderman

Thanks for the encouragement Anders. The chess analogy is a good one. The hardest part of this was figuring out how to get it all in there without shorting stuff out.

I think my build was made just a little harder by the fact that I free hand drill my enclosures. I still haven't ponied up for a drill press. So while I mark things off with great care in measurement, there's always a little skating no matter how precise I try to be. And everything is just a little shifted because of that. You can see it in the LEDs -- they're not quite centered. On a bigger enclosures this rarely ever hurts me, but on this box it definitely was close. The LEDs shouldn't have been that close to the TRS jack. They were measured a whole 2mm lower than that.

I probably should have laid out the resistors and the connections on a board and then just wired the LEDs, jacks and the switch to that board. I had to run electrical tape around the resistors so the small amount of bare wire and solder, where I soldered them inline, wouldn't short against another component or the case.

But maybe, just maybe, I'll try one again. :)

solderman

Hi
This is the Purple Haze. I must say that I'm a quite satisfied with the result my self. I really like this purple colour and the yellow led that goes with it.
It's a Si Fuzz, based on the old fuzz face design with a five changes and added caps.

It's relaxing to work with a circuit like the Fuzz face since it leaves half a football field of space to work on. ;D My next one, the Easy Vibe is not that "Easy" >:( >:(

See the "Si Fuzz Face Vs Ge Fuzz Face shoot out" tread for sound samples.

//Solderman

www.soldersound.com

Fuzz Aldryn

Hej Solderman,

your new "corporate design" for your a-designs is realy awesome! I like a lot as I have a similar approach designing a stompbox. Sadly I got no new a-enclosure-work, but I'm pretty glad how my Dr.Boogey in a b-enclosure turned out.:) For pics of it visit the pic thread.;)

Regards
Helge

solderman

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on April 27, 2009, 01:18:59 PM
Hej Solderman,

your new "corporate design" for your a-designs is realy awesome! I like a lot as I have a similar approach designing a stompbox. Sadly I got no new a-enclosure-work, but I'm pretty glad how my Dr.Boogey in a b-enclosure turned out.:) For pics of it visit the pic thread.;)

Regards
Helge

Hi Thank's
Corporate design I like that. Actually it's a case of poor fantasy from my behalf. All my first small boxes had "small names" and a picture to go with the name. I sort of ran out of imagination and it become hard to find suitable picture for them. For the Never Mind I tried with the same picture of Curt as I used on my big chorus but shrunken it looked stupid. Percussion was the same. I tried with a shrunken set of drums but that looked shitty.

//Solderman

www.soldersound.com

flo

@solderman: How did you do the outside of that Purple Haze? Did you paint it or is it a decal or a sticker that you printed on or what? It looks really good imo.

solderman

Quote from: flo on April 27, 2009, 03:51:47 PM
@solderman: How did you do the outside of that Purple Haze? Did you paint it or is it a decal or a sticker that you printed on or what? It looks really good imo.
Hi, Thaks.
Its a normal water slide decal that i have printed on my laser printer and the top coated with 3 layer hi gloss.

//Solderman

www.soldersound.com

kawayanstrat

A mini booster with internal tone trimmer. :)

Guts..

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

solderman

www.soldersound.com

mdh

You are simply mad, all of you.  I mean that in the best possible way, of course.  I hardly have the patience to put my effects in any kind of box, much less the smallest possible!