Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricDruid

Quote from: patrick398 on February 19, 2019, 06:46:02 PM
Pure madness!

+1 agree. That confirms you as a crazy person. Incredible work.

Tom

DaveLT

https://imgur.com/a/ap8w3VM

No footswitch because... It's meant to be part of the pedalboard ;)
Kidding, I was lazy to route a switch and it's the project that taught be how damn cramped a 1590A is.

It's Tim Escobedo's Cmos Drive and it doesn't have a volume knob! :P

rutabaga bob

You all do some amazing stuff! Never done a 1590A before, but I got one and am ready to try.  One thing I want to ask about: anyone ever build in a 'landscape' format?  All I have ever seen are 'portrait' builds.  I guess that, unless the box is Velcro'd in place, stepping on the switch would risk the pedal turning on its side?  Cheers!
Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

chbeer

Quote from: rutabaga bob on March 04, 2019, 10:11:47 AM
I guess that, unless the box is Velcro'd in place, stepping on the switch would risk the pedal turning on its side?  Cheers!

May I guide you to a cool solution to that ,,turning on its side" problem? Stomptrap: https://www.stomptrap.de/en/

rankot

My new 1590A build, DOD 250:

Not yet boxed, but it will be soon (just to test few clipping modes and decide).
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

Bricksnbeatles

Here's one I did a few months back for my bass rig. I unfortunately never took a completed gutshot, and I don't want to take it off my board to do so right now.
It's a buffered splitter, with a footswitchable mute on one channel— I use it so I can have constant signal going to my rack tuner and to my monitor, but let's me mute the signal going to the amp for silent tuning. Simple, but I'm super happy with how the graphics came out.
I ended up using a dpdt since the 3pdt was overkill, but I originally had a different scheme in mind that required the 3pdt.

Hey everybody!

rankot

Finally, after more than two months, getting ready to assemble:

;D
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

rankot

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

italianguy63

Quote from: rankot on May 27, 2019, 03:51:53 PM
Finally, after more than two months, getting ready to assemble:

;D

Which OPAmp did you end up using?

How did you do "mixed" clipping?  One of each type GE/SI?

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

rankot

Quote from: italianguy63 on May 29, 2019, 07:01:27 AM
Which OPAmp did you end up using?
How did you do "mixed" clipping?  One of each type GE/SI?
I'm using LM1458, it shall be the same as dual LM741. Didn't try with other opamps, I was too busy with other stuff these days. Another half is used to stabilize Vref.
Clipping is done this way, you need On-Off-On DPDT switch for this to work:

It can be used for any combination of diodes, just make sure that those with higher Vf are in place of 1N4148, and lower Vf in place of 1N34A.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

italianguy63

Cool!!  Thanks.. something I may try.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Marcos - Munky

This is the Mini Sample/Hold. which is basically the s/h part of Maestro Filter S/H. More info here.

I was going to try a water slide-like finishing based on Maestro's original artwork, but I liked the bare aluminium look so much it ended up with no artwork at all, just the knob colors to resemble the original artwork a little bit. First photo with flash, second photo with some lens flare :icon_smile:.

EBK

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on November 27, 2019, 08:11:50 AM
...but I liked the bare aluminium look so much it ended up with no artwork at all, just the knob colors to resemble the original artwork a little bit.
It's perfect in its simplicity.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

bluebunny

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on November 27, 2019, 08:11:50 AM
First photo with flash, second photo with some lens flare :icon_smile:.

Call that lens flare??  This is lens flare!       

:icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:            ;D

Nice neat build, Marcos.   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

lars-musik

This is sooo tidy! Congratulations.
Quote from: rankot on May 28, 2019, 03:18:31 PM

I was at it again, too. A friend of mine said that he really likes the COT50 (he's got an original) but with singlecoils the output is lower than unity plus he'd like tone control. AND it should be a mini pedal. After modifying a Speaker Cranker (also = Electra) to COT50 specs and fiffling with a BMP tonestack directly on a pot plus a booster at the end I gave up cramming all these loose parts into a 1590a  and etched a PCB. This is what I came up with and I must say: Either I got overly enthused the first time I tried it (or it sounds really great) I'm going to make me one, too. Because this i great and could possibly replace most Overdrives I have atm.

Here's the schmatic:
https://postimg.cc/QFd10rNC

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: bluebunny on November 28, 2019, 03:14:22 AM
Call that lens flare??  This is lens flare!  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Nice neat build, Marcos.   :icon_cool:
Thanks Marc! Your lens flare looks way better than mine  :icon_twisted: :icon_cool:

bluebunny

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on November 28, 2019, 06:33:01 AM
Thanks Marc! Your lens flare looks way better than mine  :icon_twisted: :icon_cool:

I had after-images for weeks...   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

thomasha

Another impressive etch from lars-musik!

Amazing two colour scheme. Have you tried a galaxy kind of colour mix?

Marcos - Munky

Lars' etchings are indeed simply awesome. All of them.