News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Show Your Workbench

Started by DougH, November 16, 2009, 08:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elshiftos

Quote from: eniacmike on July 29, 2010, 11:56:56 AM

my chair is in between two desks and I swivel back and forth between the computer and the workbench

Those tables look very similar to the one I recently picked up from Ikea.

Wery good walue at only 20 pounds in the UK! ;)

greeny23

i'm looking at something very similar, but the longer one with the curve at the end. are they sturdy?

elshiftos

Quote from: greeny23 on December 18, 2011, 02:59:55 PM
i'm looking at something very similar, but the longer one with the curve at the end. are they sturdy?

Not sure about the curved version, but this one (Vika Curry range) is suprisingly sturdy for what it is. It would easily accommodate a tube amp head.

The legs are sold individually and the particle board top could always be replaced, so it could be 'modded' to suit!

elenore19

First time I've had my own pedal space that wasn't my living room.
Set up right next to my bedroom (behind the sheet) in the basement. My dad made the desk for me as an early christmas present. Made out of old doors. Love it. Thinking of spraying the top with some sort of enamel, but I'm worried about fumes and lack of ventilation in the basement.
Taken with macbook camera unfortunately.

I forgot to flip this picture in photo booth. So it's backwards...Still gets the point across though.

DavenPaget

My new workbench . Yes . I'm loving my 21$ SMD rework station .
And , i am having problems with my dremel 300 copy , it's chuck , there's no documentation anywhere that says where the collet can be removed / chuck adjusted , i've tried with the wrench , and it doesn't !
Hiatus

earthtonesaudio

I don't remember offhand what model my Dremel is, but it has a little button near the business end, you press and hold the button to lock the shaft into place, which then allows you to get a wrench on the part of the shaft that releases the collet/chuck/whatever.  Hope you can get that figured out.

DavenPaget

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on December 21, 2011, 09:05:38 AM
I don't remember offhand what model my Dremel is, but it has a little button near the business end, you press and hold the button to lock the shaft into place, which then allows you to get a wrench on the part of the shaft that releases the collet/chuck/whatever.  Hope you can get that figured out.
I tried it , pressing it while turning clockwise/anti-clockwise , the collet doesn't loosen :(
Hiatus

Govmnt_Lacky

Sharing a make/model number/series might help others to solve the problem with you  ;)

Perhaps a link to the manufacturer
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

DavenPaget

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 21, 2011, 09:16:09 AM
Sharing a make/model number/series might help others to solve the problem with you  ;)

Perhaps a link to the manufacturer
*coughcough*  I bought this when i was in china so you expect , no website , even googling offers no clarity on it .
But all i know is that it has "Collect chuck diameter 3mm" .
Hiatus

petey twofinger

this is a  treat . i think am going to post up , i really am new to this ,(bread board only) but i just set up an area and i want to share . its really lame compared to most of these . hats off on all the hard work / organization . BUT , now i want a drill press , tool organizer , spools of color-y wire  , scopes , signal generators , lighted magnifier , and a CAT .

i did make some orders , enough to do 10 pedals , it has been VERY moving so slow . waiting on futurelec , re-ordering , major distractions / responsibilities popped up  . now the holidays , soon . when i was 17 i actually PRE-ordered the craig anderton "projects" book before it first came out , i also subscribed to Polyphony then EM . i did the do the gemini amp in 85 (?)  , then the ring mod in 92 , but have never done my "own" pedal . .... i REALLY am ready to go !

thanks so much for all the work , and sharing of hard earned info . THIS is what the net is all about , a shining example of co-operation , a testament to the good side of the human spirit , you should feel very proud of yourselves ( and your workspaces ) !

happy holidays , Pt2 .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

DavenPaget

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on December 21, 2011, 09:05:38 AM
UPDATE : anyway , thanks for your concern and "help" .
I figured out to look at what happened to the shaft lock , it got damaged .
So no wonder i couldn't lock it in place and turn counter clockwise .
So i decided i let a spanner lock the shaft in place and turn counter clockwise and finally the nut came out !  :icon_mrgreen:
Hiatus

petey twofinger

"fuzzlab"

home made power supply / mini grinder / powers 5 different hand tools , and a dustbuster , 14.5 volts .

the blurry led thing on the right , thats the echo box , hacked out of a barbie guitar and modified . the mp3 goes to a sub , some "mains" 2 dolby surround channel speakers , then there is a speaker on the top for the echo . the bell above it , well i ring that when i finish a project , the vanilla colored button sets off a buzzer in the kitchen (beer butler) , below that is a hack volume for the sub .

on the top lef is a hacked pc power supply , for getting power , 12 bipolar , 5 bipolar ... gonna hook up some 2.1 mill jacks with voltage regulators for 9 , and 3 maybe . its an odd one , from an arcade so its got a master control , it goes from 10 - 12 , 4 - 6 . i got a cleen air thingy from good will as my de-fumer , but i run a fan so ...

dolby unit for the surround channels sits on top . my good luck demon , he fights reverse polarity .

red alert , got these led tail lamps , i just couldn't throw em out !

im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

birt

http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

greeny23

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: greeny23 on December 29, 2011, 03:24:51 AM

Looks like you are getting LOW on enclosures.... time to make an order  :icon_rolleyes:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

pedalgrinder

these pages have made me feel so much better. I thought i was the only one who couldn't remember what there bench looked like after a while. It was one of the most enjoyable views i've had for a while great work everyone i love all of your bench's thats great. Thats what makes these communitys so good. we all understand!!!!!!

deadastronaut

@greeny:  are you naturally tidy, or is it ocd?... :D ;)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

~arph

I envy those workspaces..

I was in a nice spacey room until about two months ago.. now I'm in the shed and too busy to build/develop anything.. I'm redecorating like crazy to be ready by february when my first child will be born.. biggest.project.ever  ;D
I will be getting more diy time soon as I will start working less hours starting january.. whoohoooo!

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

greeny23

Quote from: deadastronaut on December 30, 2011, 07:03:01 AM
@greeny:  are you naturally tidy, or is it ocd?... :D ;)

i'm fairly neat, but i only just set this workshop up then took the photo, no time to mess!