pix of Custom built guitar amps/cabs

Started by TimWaldvogel, April 05, 2010, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildebelor

New cab for a new amp!
The cab was a horrible line 6 that I stripped, stained and clear coated.
Grill cloth too!  :icon_mrgreen:
I can't think of anything funny just yet.

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

boppy100

tca

Here is another cab in progress for a 6'' speaker:

"The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." -- William Gibson

tca

And the finished cab:

The wood was not in very good conditions but nevertheless the final result sounds good!

Cheers.
"The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." -- William Gibson

BLACK AUDIO

My friend Danny made for me small practise amp from scratches - circuit is slightly modified champ 5F1 and sounds amazing!

thomasha

Hey guys,

My new Superfly head, in a 1590a  ;D

Thomas

tubelectron

Well yes, thomasha ! Probably the most compact tube head ever built...  :icon_eek: :icon_biggrin: As funny as nice tour de force.

I don't think I can go so small, but I am thinking about something in combo, so indeed a little bigger.

I have been off the forum for some time, but it was incidentally for the best... Here are some pix of my Custom Built and Designed guitar amps below - not so compact of course, but compact quand même :

A 25W RMS clean sound model, with triode/pentode, booster and presence control switching at the back. The loudspeaker is a neodymium 10" Jensen NEO 10-100. The power tubes are damping screen protected and suspended to avoid microphonics. 3-Spring reverb. USAF NOS transformers.

Tested by pro players at my local music dealer (the amp is here put on a Deluxe Reverb RI, for size and tone comparison) :

Two compact "Home & Small Venues" amplifiers, at 5W PMS with 8" AlNiCo speaker. Both integrates an Holy Grail Nano reverb circuit, since I didn't come to a satisfactory solution for a spring reverb ans simplified circuit in a so compact format. The bigger one has a tube tremolo, triode/pentode and presence switch. Dimensions of the smaller one are 340x260x180mm :

Size comparison with a Fender Blues Junior :

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

wildebelor

WOAH! I did not expect the Holy grail to actually be stuck to the chassis!!!  :icon_mrgreen:
I can't think of anything funny just yet.

Mich P

Super Class Bruno J'adore !
Great work.
Mich P.

tubelectron

QuoteWOAH! I did not expect the Holy grail to actually be stuck to the chassis!!! 

1 - everything of the unit is already and factory stock in the casing, with the exception of the displaced REVERB pot.
2 - the casing acts as a complete shielding of the unit, as intended by the manufacturer.
3 - only one screw to fix the unit on the chassis, where you have the place to stick it.
4 - a miniature PSU with a 7809 powered from the 12V auxilliary winding of the power Xfo.

And that's done.

QuoteSuper Class Bruno J'adore !
Great work.
Mich P.

Thanks !

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

thomasha

Hi,
a friend asked me to build a portable small battery amp, and I build him a MS-2 in a 4x smaller 1974x combo.

He also wanted an 10W amp in a barrel.

Greetings,
Thomas

seadi123

sonarchotic

Fire Fly Ver. 4. Pine cab. stained and waxed.

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

bluebunny

Quote from: sonarchotic on May 20, 2014, 08:56:56 PM

Show off!   ;D ;D ;D

Nice work indeed.  The only way I'd get dove-tails like that would be to draw them on.   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

sonarchotic

Thanks guys. A jig makes the joints pretty easy.  ;)

micromegas

Quote from: tubelectron on May 11, 2014, 04:03:02 AM
Well yes, thomasha ! Probably the most compact tube head ever built...  :icon_eek: :icon_biggrin: As funny as nice tour de force.

I don't think I can go so small, but I am thinking about something in combo, so indeed a little bigger.

I have been off the forum for some time, but it was incidentally for the best... Here are some pix of my Custom Built and Designed guitar amps below - not so compact of course, but compact quand même :

A 25W RMS clean sound model, with triode/pentode, booster and presence control switching at the back. The loudspeaker is a neodymium 10" Jensen NEO 10-100. The power tubes are damping screen protected and suspended to avoid microphonics. 3-Spring reverb. USAF NOS transformers.

Tested by pro players at my local music dealer (the amp is here put on a Deluxe Reverb RI, for size and tone comparison) :

Two compact "Home & Small Venues" amplifiers, at 5W PMS with 8" AlNiCo speaker. Both integrates an Holy Grail Nano reverb circuit, since I didn't come to a satisfactory solution for a spring reverb ans simplified circuit in a so compact format. The bigger one has a tube tremolo, triode/pentode and presence switch. Dimensions of the smaller one are 340x260x180mm :

Size comparison with a Fender Blues Junior :

A+!

Those are some pro builds inside and out! The first one looks like something I would love to try...
Software Developer @ bela.io

diydave

A Orange / Vox hybrid.
I've been rebuilding this amp for the last 5 years.
Finally a result I can live with.

Even made my own piping  :icon_biggrin: