News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitrolin

Quote from: stallik on July 25, 2016, 11:28:28 AM
I like it too....with the exception of that white washer.

i agree,
i see that alot someones makes an excelent enclosue design, and then ruins it with the plastic washer...why?
i dont like them so i throw them away.

stallik

Personal taste that's all. I have a particular fondness for the washers used by TC Electronics but they, I'm sure, are proprietary. The white ones just don't float my boat.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

vigilante397

I don't have a problem with the plastic ones. Obviously they don't add anything aesthetically, but in most cases I don't personally feel like they take anything away. Preferences  ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

deadastronaut

ban the white washers... :icon_twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bloxstompboxes

On a white pedal they look fine. Otherwise, for me it is hit or miss. I prefer a metal washer, but I'm not going out of my way to order or buy them because of it.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

bluebunny

I got myself some copper washers (plumbing supplies!).  Not sure how they'll end up in the long run.  I'm hoping for a charming patina, but they may just end up green...   ::)

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

chuckd666

Lookin' good to me! If they get a lil' patina that'll only add to the charm.  :icon_cool:

duck_arse

if nothing else, blue, it'll keep the slugs away.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

statzern

Quote from: stallik on July 25, 2016, 11:28:28 AM
I like it too....with the exception of that white washer.

What do you use instead? I know they're pretty unsightly, but I've read they are pretty important in terms of stress relief on the switch. I wonder if they can be primed/painted?

chuckd666

I've seen people paint them. I just get cheap similarly sized washers from the hardware and fang 'em in.

bluebunny

I've also got some red fibre washers.  Like the copper ones, they're smaller than the whiteys and blend in quite nicely with a red(-ish) case finish.

• SUPPORTER

GiovannyS10

It's what we have for today. Yes i forget the pedal on the chloride, but be sincerely, was not too bad, no? Haha!

That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

Gus

Has anyone tried dying the washer?

Back in the 80's when I raced RC cars we would dye the nylon parts with RIT dye.

bluebunny

Could try dropping one in a chicken madras next time I have a curry?   ;D
  • SUPPORTER

Perrow

Quote from: bluebunny on September 10, 2016, 11:33:15 AM
Could try dropping one in a chicken madras next time I have a curry?   ;D

Why, that sounds like a perfekt idea, thank you for that.

(Don't mind me, I'm just trying to curry a favor)

((Now where's my coat?))
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

duck_arse

seeing as it was yr birthday, perrow, we'll let you off with that one. [luckilly, I don't know any curry puns.]
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

roseblood11

I just dyed some knobs for my stratocaster. With coffee and tea, not much happened. Then I added a bit of curry...

stallik

Ah, the wonders of saffron. I recommend applying it with bare fingers while wearing white. Kitchen worktop is a suitable location and do invite the grandchildren to help. A slap dash approach is usually the most effective way to impress the wife...
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bluebunny

I like the way you think, Kevin. >:) Turmeric can be so colourful!

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

• SUPPORTER

Pettol

My latest etch. Combining reversed etch and hammer paint turned out to be quite tricky. I'm satisfied with the result, but it's not perfect (I think you can see it on the knob labels).

And the usual mess inside.