Building the Meat Sphere

Started by Taylor, July 27, 2011, 03:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idy

10.5k should not change things. That is an odd value though... Is that by color code or measuring? I guess they do make those....

telebiker

I have a bag of these 10.5k, so probably I soldered them instead of 10k since I don't have 10k...
  • SUPPORTER

telebiker

So I found some 10k resistors and replaced these which should be 10k, and I have the same results. Will get some LM358 and share results.
  • SUPPORTER

telebiker

Quote from: telebiker on January 27, 2021, 09:12:41 PM
So I found some 10k resistors and replaced these which should be 10k, and I have the same results. Will get some LM358 and share results.
Looks like LM358 fixed the issue, thanks for the help! The envelope appeared.

Now having issues with bypass wiring, probably I did something wrong, but instead of effect there is pretty loud noise when the effect is engaged.
  • SUPPORTER

idy

Congratulations on your functioning meatsphere.
Do you know how your bypass scheme is supposed to work?

telebiker

Quote from: idy on March 09, 2021, 08:17:46 PM
Do you know how your bypass scheme is supposed to work?
I'm using bypass scheme from the build doc and it is pretty straightforward.

The only thing which confuses me, in the build doc GND connection from power supply is not indicated as connected to the common ground. I also haven't wired a loop until I have working bypass.
  • SUPPORTER

idy

The Doc I see shows the DC jack going right to the board (both wires) and then tells you to ground all the jacks.

I attach them all to a lock washer (internal tooth, an extra from a foot switch) and add a jumper to the DC jack ground, and put this around there DC jack.

The jacks must be attached to the same ground as the circuit!

telebiker

For some reason my LED wiring was wrong. I decided to use PCB slot for the LED and it worked finally. Will post some pictures once it is boxed.

Thanks again, Idy, I own you a beer :)
  • SUPPORTER

idy

Wacka wacka. Hope you love it and use it.
I am big on adding a switch and buffer so you can blend in either send or return.... mixing a filtered fuzz with straight signal is bit of oil and water...mixing filtered fuzz with straight fuzz is phasey magic.
My next ambition is to add a phase switch to play with this blending... HP and LP are inverted.

telebiker

Quote from: idy on March 10, 2021, 08:08:57 PM
I am big on adding a switch and buffer so you can blend in either send or return.... mixing a filtered fuzz with straight signal is bit of oil and water...mixing filtered fuzz with straight fuzz is phasey magic.
My next ambition is to add a phase switch to play with this blending... HP and LP are inverted.
BTW, is there schematics for these mods? :)

Tried Meat Sphere with the Fuzz in the loop and it's so cool.
  • SUPPORTER

idy

No schematic but you can find simple strip board layouts for buffers (I used and IC, but BJT and FET work).

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2014/08/buffers.html

You pull the #1 terminal of the blend pot out of the board and attach it to the center of a SPDT switch. Wire the buffer input to the "return" jack and the output to one terminal of the switch and the other terminal to the hole you pulled the pot terminal out of.

The phase mod: (unverified) You use a buffer that also has a phase reverse switch. These are also out there on strip board.

idy

The buffer with inverter would have to be after the switch...so it would invert the non-filtered signal from either send or return. Again, haven't tried it.

rectifierfx

Quote from: skarkowtsky on May 20, 2017, 03:05:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the boards. I joined after discovering musicpcb.com and the Meat Sphere. I've read this thread, and am excited to build my own! I'm a graphic designer by profession, so I enjoyed identically recreating the Lovetone Meatball pedal interface this morning. I used an overhead photo of the original pedal as an overlay, tracked down the typeface and got to work creating the vector art.

My template is designed for the pedal enclosure sold on eBay that closely resembles the original (I'm not associated with the seller). I plan to have the template cut into a vinyl to use as a spray stencil directly onto the pedal surface.

Below is a jpg preview. Awaiting my pedal enclosure so I confirm the specs before I can share. I'd be honored to share the actual PDF artwork with everyone here if they wish to do the same to theirs.

Cheers!
John

Can someone reupload the design ?
Seems like its not on photobucket anymore

KarenColumbo

As soon as this thread reaches 40 pages, I have to build a meat sphere. Fact.
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

rectifierfx

Quote from: KarenColumbo on March 30, 2021, 01:04:05 PM

Nah you gonna build them all :icon_mrgreen: Much more fun. I got kinda addicted to Lovetone stuff. Got the doppelganger already. Wobulator in the bench. Cheese / Source PCB half populated. The only 2 I'm missing is the Sting Ringer and the Flanger without a name

Marcos - Munky

Just commenting anything, to make my contribution for thread to reach 40 pages soon :icon_lol:

KarenColumbo

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on March 30, 2021, 10:14:12 PM
Just commenting anything, to make my contribution for thread to reach 40 pages soon :icon_lol:
Wait! I didn't mean to ... ah ... damn!
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

bluebunny

Ooops.  Slipped.  My bad.   :icon_redface: :icon_rolleyes: ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

Quote from: bluebunny on March 31, 2021, 06:32:19 AM

Ooops.  Slipped.  My bad.   :icon_redface: :icon_rolleyes: ;D

I, also, need to keep up my bullshit posts quotient.

are we there yet?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.