Turkey Day SHOOTOUT Competition

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, September 15, 2012, 02:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdansti

Quote from: defaced on September 20, 2012, 10:27:16 PM
QuoteIf you can remove the component from its packaging, solder/place it in the circuit, and use it "as is" then it is OK.

If you have to hook it up to a programmer or computer to upload code or instructions to it, then it's NOT OK.
Cool, I can work with that.  I'll keep an eye on the deadline to enter and see what I can swing. Thanks for keeping the dialog going guys. 

+1. Thanks judges!  :D
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

pinkjimiphoton

we don't TRY to be heartless scum...lol
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

markeebee

I will be admiring everybody's entries, but I think I will not be entering myself (an impressive trick if you can manage it).

People are arguing about rules and there has been bloodshed. It's too much like life,  and I'm struggling to find the fun.

Ronan

Can anyone help me out, someone who is perhaps doing a digikey order and has easy access to a post office? I want to try out a MAX7401CPA but shipping is at least $30 to Australia. Could I paypal someone in USA who is doing a Digikey order to cover 2 x MAX7401 and shipping to me?

tuckster

in it to win it!!!!!  :icon_twisted: And almost finished....  :icon_biggrin:
It's good that we are allowed to post the pictures whenever we want to.
  • SUPPORTER

digi2t

Quote from: markeebee on September 21, 2012, 03:35:12 AM
I will be admiring everybody's entries, but I think I will not be entering myself (an impressive trick if you can manage it).

People are arguing about rules and there has been bloodshed. It's too much like life,  and I'm struggling to find the fun.

"I've never been part of the minority before, never have had to struggle to belong, so I figured I'd milk the experience for all it was worth. Don't they say adversity builds character?"
― Apol Lejano-Massebieau

:icon_wink:

QuoteCan anyone help me out, someone who is perhaps doing a digikey order and has easy access to a post office? I want to try out a MAX7401CPA but shipping is at least $30 to Australia. Could I paypal someone in USA who is doing a Digikey order to cover 2 x MAX7401 and shipping to me?

Ian, I`m at work right now, but I`ll do a quick inventory when I get home tonight. I might be able to swing that for you. Digikey shipping is only 8$ for me, so if you have more stuff you need, pile it on.

Cheers,
Dino
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

Ronan

Jdansti

Quote from: markeebee on September 21, 2012, 03:35:12 AM

Come on, Mark. We've done all the hard work.  Several of us are now on anti-depressants, one has held a movie star hostage, and another was so badly affected that he's in the process of committing a slow suicide by slicing his thumb and watching it ooze and fester. 

As John F. Kennedy once said, "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of building a winning stomp box".
  • SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

:icon_mrgreen:  <<<<colour of my bloody thumb...
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

haveyouseenhim

I wanna see it :icon_twisted:   Did you see the pic of my finger after the equinox reverb build?
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

pinkjimiphoton

lol...no, dude, send it to me!!

i'll try to send ya a pic later, after i re-bandage it.

next time, i'm hitting it with the crazy glue from jump street. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

pinkjimiphoton

nice...bet it trumps mine...let me look...lol

oh, snap!!!  :icon_mrgreen:

i did something similar wayyyyyy back in seminary school, with a soldering iron. it was the 70's, and i was "on" something or other, nodded off in electronics class
and burned the  corner of the tip of my left middle finger off. oops.

mister k called me a f****n' peckerhead, and made me go outside to sleep it off...lol.

this one's not as bad...it's a slice about an inch long and to the bone about a 1/4 inch past the thumbnail. from the thumbnail to the slice, which DID close, it's cold, blue-ish gray and has no feeling,
tho the sumbitch hurts like a mother pucker. ;)

i'll send pictures when i get home later...   :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Jdansti

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on September 21, 2012, 10:36:31 AM
nice...bet it trumps mine...let me look...lol

oh, snap!!!  :icon_mrgreen:

i did something similar wayyyyyy back in seminary school, with a soldering iron. it was the 70's, and i was "on" something or other, nodded off in electronics class
and burned the  corner of the tip of my left middle finger off. oops.

mister k called me a f****n' peckerhead, and made me go outside to sleep it off...lol.

this one's not as bad...it's a slice about an inch long and to the bone about a 1/4 inch past the thumbnail. from the thumbnail to the slice, which DID close, it's cold, blue-ish gray and has no feeling,
tho the sumbitch hurts like a mother pucker. ;)

i'll send pictures when i get home later...   :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Dude, go to the freaking doctor!!!  Don't treat a cut to the bone like a paper cut. The infection could cost you more than your thumb!  Seriously!  (switch to motherly voice): Stop the macho sh!t and get your f'in @ss down to the clinic!!!

I say that with all love and compassion. :)
  • SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

thanks john,

i love you too man...in a brotherly way...lol...

i was once geared to a carreer as a human physiologist, i know the drill...if it shows ANY sign of infection, to the doctor i will go.

but at this point, all they will do is debride it...basically cut off the tissue that's dead. which will re-traumatize the wound, it does have a good blood supply to the rest
of the thumb, and at this point the cut is closed and healing...the skin isn't gonna heal, that's a gonner. it will dry up and fall off, seems better to not molest it right now and let it do it's thing.

it's too late for stitches, and as long as it's necrotic, i'm gonna leave it be for now.  alot of times the upper layers will die off even with stitches and medical attention,
so i'm not too worried about it. it may be numb from damaging the nerve, seems i missed the tendon, and that's more crucial to function. somehow, i will survive. ;)

if not, well, keep calm, and solder on...  :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Jdansti

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on September 21, 2012, 01:31:32 PM
thanks john,

i love you too man...in a brotherly way...lol...

i was once geared to a carreer as a human physiologist, i know the drill...if it shows ANY sign of infection, to the doctor i will go.

but at this point, all they will do is debride it...basically cut off the tissue that's dead. which will re-traumatize the wound, it does have a good blood supply to the rest
of the thumb, and at this point the cut is closed and healing...the skin isn't gonna heal, that's a gonner. it will dry up and fall off, seems better to not molest it right now and let it do it's thing.

it's too late for stitches, and as long as it's necrotic, i'm gonna leave it be for now.  alot of times the upper layers will die off even with stitches and medical attention,
so i'm not too worried about it. it may be numb from damaging the nerve, seems i missed the tendon, and that's more crucial to function. somehow, i will survive. ;)

if not, well, keep calm, and solder on...  :icon_mrgreen:

Sounds like you've got it under control. Good luck with it!
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

@jimi:
Now for the other question.  Seminary school?  I think we need to hear this facinating story.  :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

lol...back when i was a young catholic republican poindexter? ;)

naaaah...just a bad ref to a jim morrison quote...my bad.

i DID go to an after school electronics class at the local tech school, but only made it about one semester before it was cut due to not having enough students.

i learned how to solder, and how to burn myself REAL good, and how to swear like an electrician, which is kinda like a sailor and a blues musician squared.

that said, here's a pic of the thumb. it probably looks better than it is... you can see the slice, tho it is closed up. the damage is between the slice and the thumbnail. that part probably won't make it. oh well. ya know the old saying "the show must go on"?

well it's BULLSHIT!!!

next time i'm getting freekin' stitches. ;)

don't look if your stomach is weak. it's not THAT bad, but the color is kinda gross...lol

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr