Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

Nice clean look! Good work Nikolay
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

EARNEST

Quote from: Nikolay on October 09, 2009, 09:18:51 AM
A new custom pedal from me. This is classic overdrive based over TS808. I use jrc4558 and 2 clipping diodes.
Inside is a dc-dc step up based over MC34063A.

I install white and black chickenheads, but I think, that black looks better.

nice design, can we see the guts, pls? :D
Dean Razorback V255 w/EMG 81/85 @18V -> Bugera 6262-212
---
DIY projects:
TS clone, in progress http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=78871.0

Thomeeque

A new custom pedal from me. This is classic overdrive based over TS808. I use jrc4558 and 2 clipping diodes.
Inside is a dc-dc step up based over MC34063A.

9/18V - what's the difference soundwise?

I install white and black chickenheads, but I think, that black looks better.

Yes :)

Quote from: EARNEST on October 09, 2009, 09:27:06 AM
nice design, can we see the guts, pls? :D

+1
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

Nikolay

^ Thanks guys.
I give the pedal already, and I don't make a picture inside. Next time. I promise!

Actually I hear a very little difference with 18V - a little more headroom. Nothing more.
The guy who order from me this custom pedal wish this switch.

Insanekane

I really like those screamers Nikolay.
Here's my mojo-screamer

Insanekane

And 20 minutes old Jimmy-Octavia:

connie_c

Quote from: g. on October 08, 2009, 01:02:43 PM
black serigraphy

red metal paint & then black serigraphy...

i've made 6 of them, medium voltage pentode tube preamp.

Google tells me serigraphy is screen printing. Do you know of a tuitorial that shows how to do this? I really like the look of these. There seems to be lots of tuitorials for other things but not printing to aluminium.

noelgrassy

Here's two I built for personal use.
Thanks to the mondothread here sussing out the curious minutiae that relates to the
Harmonic Percolator in several guises. I actually had some of the resistors en vitreo
seen in the earliest versions coming outta Milwaukee.

I'd done some other vershes of the fabled Burns Buzzaround including shoe horning it
in the same box as a Rangemaster 'stacking' the RM into the BA for a delightfully Hellish
sonic accompaniment to Dore's engravings of the place where the chap with horns & a
pointy stick conducts business. This effort was solely to get my simulated D-A-M on. To
avoid being branded a "hackneyed solder jockey cloner" I redesigned the entire circuit
with my use of Bourns center detented 100K pots. Ta, brilliant I know...... :icon_twisted:

These pale in comparison to most of the creations exhibited in this thread. It's so great to see the DIY bar elevated so high!!
My next task is to learn to make the tasty decals like you folks whip out.
Thank you for looking,

Noel Grassy.
"Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, and those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied by drink." Mark TwGL

Brymus

Hey thats great work!
I like the concept with the decals,true others have made it an art in itself,I think you just need to coat them with laquer or something IDK.
And I also give you +2 points for using sliders in your Perculator clone.
And another +2 points for using tag strips for your other pedal,thats way cool nice work.
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

oliphaunt

Here's a Rams Head Muff I finished today.  I used low gain 2N5133 transistors which I think really give it a vintagey sound with a lot of woodiness and less distortion compared to the modern Muff.  I added the mid boost/cut mod, which really is a nice touch.  I strongly prefer this pedal to a Little Big Muff I borrowed from a friend to compare to.

I thought about doing all sorts of graphics for this pedal but was inspired by the elegant look of the hardware I chose for it.  I love the LED bezels I see European builders using, but have not been able to find them in the States, so I broke down and ordered a pile of them from Banzai.  They look great, and I'm very happy with polished steel theme.

Snakey Lane

My first DIY stompbox.  Happy with the sound and the colour (glow in the dark yellow).  Not so happy with the lettering.

pravudh

Hi.all
This is my Fender Simulator.

chi_boy

Quote from: pravudh on October 10, 2009, 08:08:51 AM
Hi.all

Well that's interesting, isn't it? 

Is that your own design?  Doesn't look like anything that's been around here recently.  Any details or clips?
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

CynicalMan

Is it the LXH2 fender amp sim?

pravudh

Quote from: chi_boy on October 10, 2009, 09:25:19 AM
Quote from: pravudh on October 10, 2009, 08:08:51 AM
Hi.all

Well that's interesting, isn't it? 

Is that your own design?  Doesn't look like anything that's been around here recently.  Any details or clips?
I found schematic at  LXH2 website for long time ago. Unfortunly, The link is dead. This is my second built for my friend without cab filter.
I built this first with cab filter and design my own pcb.it sound great.
here is some clip with cab filter.
Smallclone : http://www.circuitfx.com/sound/DelayChorus/peera/sm3.mp3
Guvnor : http://www.circuitfx.com/sound/Marshall/Guvnor/crowley.mp3

Somewhere,on the net they built same schematic with cab filter and sound great.

sorry.for english.

pravudh

Crazyyellowfox

First some boxes I put together almost 10 years ago now... all in RS enclosures:

Left to right: Tube Screamer, Orange Squeezer and an opamp BMP

Guts in reverse order

Then... onto these three of the boxes I've put together since the start of the year in PPP enclosures:

Green Ringer on the left.
An Orange Squeezer with variable threshold and release and with Joe Davisson's diode-comp opamp.
On the right, an EA Tremolo built into way too big of a box.

Crazyyellowfox

Not a stompbox, but this was my winter 2006 project, a 5F1 champ with silicon rectifier built into an old 80's Multivox amp cabinet.

JKowalski

Quote from: Crazyyellowfox on October 10, 2009, 06:11:21 PM

You need more knobs on the trem! Excessive versatility is fun!

I actually like the look of sparse enclosures though - like the big muff, way bigger than it needs to be on some shot's I've seen. While it might not be practical, it looks classy.

Great work, on all of them. I love the neat switch on the middle RS enclosure pedal.

peps1

My Second pedal, 'The Bird' (A EH Screaming Bird), thought I would have a try at etching...