News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aziltz

yes, search for Death By Audio gut shots while your at it.

rousejeremy

I bet you're talking about the Harmonic Transformer............
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

aziltz

Quote from: rousejeremy on October 17, 2009, 10:19:37 PM
I bet you're talking about the Harmonic Transformer............

hehe... among all their other pedals as well.

AudioMime

Quote from: Taylor on October 17, 2009, 09:30:48 PM
Try searching for "Schumann lion" at the other forum and see if you can hold down your lunch. I'm not normally snarky about build cleanliness, but seeing gut shots of some of the most sought-after boutique boxes makes you realize that, what is important to us doesn't really matter to most players.

that is really crazy. I can't believe someone would market pedals like that. :icon_rolleyes:
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

Processaurus

"A pedal who possesses genius is insufferable unless it also possesses at least two other things: good wiring and cleanliness."

-Nietzsche

Insanekane

Quote from: noelgrassy on October 17, 2009, 04:34:54 PM
Quote from: Insanekane on October 17, 2009, 05:30:37 AM
Little Black Wonder  :D

Wholly Poop-inna-Pita Pocket pal! You nailed this one too. The filigrees the vines almost resemble
the engraving work one can have done on a firearm or edged weapon. That's at $1,000+ per
square inch! Your lines are not only deep but they retain their crisp edge everywhere I look. Did
you go through a lot of R & D to find this perfect resist method. I must try etching a box before I'm
so old and feeble that I eventually put my eye out while picking my nose. :icon_idea:
Great looking product by the way,
NG.

Thanks  :D
I didn't do anything special. Method I use is the same method MarkM has taught us. Althought it's a reversed etch, but thats about it.
With a bit of luck, it came out really nice.

w!ll

Quote from: suregork on September 02, 2009, 04:50:01 AM
Great job kurtlives!

Here is my '12V' Electric Mistress (the 9V mistress running on 12 volts) or a presentation of my poor drilling accuracy :D.

Came out perfectly. Worked on the first attempt, and was quite easy to calibrate by ear. Sound is awesome. The only thing that bugs me is the well known volume drop, which I'll have to attempt to fix soon...

That looks really great. Does anyone know what font that is?

nocentelli

Quote from: ShortScaleMike on October 16, 2009, 09:48:46 AM

I'd love to do a green muff - I don't suppose you've done one of your fantastic stripboards layouts for that beast, have you?  :icon_biggrin:
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

mills

Well, I kinda hate to just post an empty box, but I'm pretty happy with it and won't get the time to finish off the guts for a while.

Going to be a superfuzz with a boost (lpb or full range rangemaster) up front.  knobs and tone switch on the side.

I didn't flatten the leaf enough so a few pieces will probably flake off.  should still look good.  I gotta learn to epoxy these as a finish.  It seems nice an thick and good to embed stuff in.  I can't remember who did it a few pages back, but the box looked phenomenal.

aziltz

its a f****n leaf!  I love this!

ShortScaleMike

Quote from: nocentelli on October 18, 2009, 05:18:26 PM
I'd love to do a green muff - I don't suppose you've done one of your fantastic stripboards layouts for that beast, have you?  :icon_biggrin:

Actually I have. I'll try and remember to dig it out next time I'm on my home PC and get it up here. The Mids/Diode additions are fairly obvious and simple, and the Clean Blend was achieved by buffering and boosting the clean signal in parallel with the Muff and blending with a dual gang 100K pot with each side connected in reverse as a volume pot, with the wipers connected via 100K resistors, this was then fed into the 1Meg Master volume.

birt

Quote from: mills on October 19, 2009, 01:51:01 AM
Well, I kinda hate to just post an empty box, but I'm pretty happy with it and won't get the time to finish off the guts for a while.

Going to be a superfuzz with a boost (lpb or full range rangemaster) up front.  knobs and tone switch on the side.
I didn't flatten the leaf enough so a few pieces will probably flake off.  should still look good.  I gotta learn to epoxy these as a finish.  It seems nice an thick and good to embed stuff in.  I can't remember who did it a few pages back, but the box looked phenomenal.
that's cool!
i actually have one with a leaf that i don't have a picture of yet
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

g.

Pentode preamp

(Many thanks to geofex and frequency central for inspiration (max1044 voltage multiplier !!!)

AC128 fuzz/face

~arph

Very nice to see them finished!

What tube is that? it looks more like a triode to me

g.

it's a small pentode 6AK5

Renegadrian

we want the schematic!  :icon_wink:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Johnny Halo

Finally finished up the ROG Tube Reamer -

Paint is from Lowe's - Martha Stewarts "Celadon Pottery" sample can from the kitchen redo this spring. Labeling is window sticker clear coated 7-8 times. Font is from Font Diner "kocktail Shaker".  I pin striped the enclosure before painting and then just peeled it off to create the silver stripes. And it goes with the Tele!

The op amp and diodes are socketed. Right now, there is a TL082 in place. I have tried the TI4558 and it sounds great as well. The toggle is to switch between LEDs and a 4148 paired with a 4001 silicon. As soon as I installed the toggle, I thought "why didn't I put 2 on-off-on toggles in and switch between 4 sets of clippers?!" Talk about a "D'OH" moment. Well, maybe that will give me something to do when the snow starts flying.

A big thanks to Brian from ROG and SpaceAce76 for their help in debugging.

Mich P

Very nice designs g.
Kenavo,
Mich P.

g.

Quote from: Renegadrian on October 19, 2009, 10:20:16 AM
we want the schematic!  :icon_wink:

of course i'll post it, but for the moment it's still under testing.

Quote from: Mich P on October 19, 2009, 01:09:13 PM
Very nice designs g.
Kenavo,
Mich P.

Mersi bras Mich !

solderman

Quote from: Johnny Halo on October 19, 2009, 11:13:26 AM
Finally finished up the ROG Tube Reamer -

Paint is from Lowe's - Martha Stewarts "Celadon Pottery" sample can from the kitchen redo this spring. Labeling is window sticker clear coated 7-8 times. Font is from Font Diner "kocktail Shaker".  I pin striped the enclosure before painting and then just peeled it off to create the silver stripes. And it goes with the Tele!

The op amp and diodes are socketed. Right now, there is a TL082 in place. I have tried the TI4558 and it sounds great as well. The toggle is to switch between LEDs and a 4148 paired with a 4001 silicon. As soon as I installed the toggle, I thought "why didn't I put 2 on-off-on toggles in and switch between 4 sets of clippers?!" Talk about a "D'OH" moment. Well, maybe that will give me something to do when the snow starts flying.

A big thanks to Brian from ROG and SpaceAce76 for their help in debugging.

OHHHHHH :o
Beautiful.... This is surf BIG time. I soppose it plays "409" or something like that by it self  ;D
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)