Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solderman

Hi all

This is my AD/A inside and out

And this is the supreme compressor "Diana Ross"
It's a layout for both the MXR Dyna Comp or Ross Compressor. This one is built as the Ross Compressor. Box to be drilled designed etc....

The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

solderman

Quote from: jmwreck on May 22, 2010, 12:19:28 PM
Quote from: knealebrown on May 22, 2010, 12:08:26 PM
too many awesome builds to comment on separately but they all look great.
Heres another orange squeezer, like it so much i built a second  ;D......for my other board, dont tell my main one it'll only make her jealous.   :icon_wink:

very cute, here's my orange squeezer:

Tree in a row of the same type and size
Here is my Orange Squeezer

www.soldersound.com

Electric Warrior

Quote from: mth5044 on May 24, 2010, 01:14:47 PM
Electric Warrior, that looks great, got any clips?

Thanks, no clips yet. But it sounds exactly like the first T.Rex album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx_gTBkZWJE

Slade

Quote from: mth5044 on May 24, 2010, 01:14:47 PM
Electric Warrior, that looks great, got any clips?
+1 That one looks fantastic. The contrast and fonts used are excellent, congrats!

Hey, solderman... those are great projects.

roseblood11

Great design, Electric Warrior!!!
-------------------------------------

A Blackstone Appliances Mosfet Overdrive, pcb layout by Madbean.
And a ROG Tri-Vibe, using the smaller layout by Andre Schaap.

One pedal shows my wife, the other one of her paintings.

arma61

very nice, I like black shining pedal, unfortunately you need a recessed slot on your pedalboard for a small brum/brush ! they get dusty too easy :D
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

roseblood11

That´s why I don´t use black very often - I haven´t got Photoshop on my pedalboard...   :icon_smile:

jmwreck

Quote from: solderman on May 24, 2010, 02:08:56 PM
Quote from: jmwreck on May 22, 2010, 12:19:28 PM
Quote from: knealebrown on May 22, 2010, 12:08:26 PM
too many awesome builds to comment on separately but they all look great.
Heres another orange squeezer, like it so much i built a second  ;D......for my other board, dont tell my main one it'll only make her jealous.   :icon_wink:

very cute, here's my orange squeezer:

Tree in a row of the same type and size
Here is my Orange Squeezer

very nice! :)

Renegadrian

GALEGO, your pedals are GREAT!!! I love them all, simple graphics but all of them look nice!!!
Compliments!!!

knealebrown, all of your pedals look so good...Nice works!!!

Steve, your 250 is so good, gotta build one some day...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

luko-man

Quote from: roseblood11 on May 24, 2010, 05:39:35 PM
How is the tri vibe. they say its true vibrato, Is it????
cant think of anything funny to put here

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: Renegadrian on May 25, 2010, 08:42:34 AM
Steve, your 250 is so good, gotta build one some day...

Thanks! I hope to post the PCB layout graphic, wiring schematic, and parts list I used so anyone can make of of their own as soon as I can figure out how to make my own folder in the gallery here and/or I'll use my CSS/HTML skills and make a webpage documenting it.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

roseblood11

Quote from: luko-man on May 25, 2010, 03:03:23 PM
How is the tri vibe. they say its true vibrato, Is it????

Well, if "they" say that it´s true vibrato, it is true vibrato, I guess..?!?  ;)

I think the "vibe" position is the least interesting, I like the "Swirl" and "Whirl" modes better

~arph

Well they can get away with it because it sounds good and is a new design. I love all of their designs.
But their description is off on numerous points. As the tri-vibe (in vibe pos) basically also is a phaser type circuit with cancelled dry and a non sinusiodal lfo.  ::)

philbinator1

My (hopefully) finished Dr. Boogey layout, done with Adobe Illustrator.  I re-made the logo myself, using the closest font I could for "DUAL"..the "Dr. Boogey" bit is Magneto Bold font, and the "Rectifier" bit I got by using the snapshot funtion in Adobe Reader, from the Dual/Triple Rec. user manual.  All the rest I did with Illustrator.  I would've liked to get the 'Rectifier' lettering in white with outline, but I couldn't figure out how.  Anyone know?

If someone else has a use for it, I made it with the intention of spreading around the diy community here cos heaps of people make Boogey's...just PM me and I'll email it.  Oh and, it exactly fits the 'large' die-cast enclosure from Jaycar, so a bit of fiddling around might be in order to make it fit other boxes.

Oh and many thanks to Slade for PM-ing me his dr boogey layout, provided much inspiration in the wee hours.  :)

"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

arma61

Quote from: philbinator1 on May 26, 2010, 09:25:41 AM

I would've liked to get the 'Rectifier' lettering in white with outline, but I couldn't figure out how.  Anyone know?

something like this ?

- PaintShop Pro
- Magic Wand  - Select black letters (they should be selected all together except points on "i"s and a line on the left of "f"
- Effect ->Edge ->Trace Contour

Ciao
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

phector2004

i think he wants to only print the letters in white...

i know for an upcoming project, I'm spraying the top of my enclosure white, then clearcoating and sticking on a coloured transparency, but I don't know how to do the individual letters... maybe make a stencil and spraypaint within the letters?

solderman

Great design, Electric Warrior!!!
-------------------------------------

A Blackstone Appliances Mosfet Overdrive, pcb layout by Madbean.

One pedal shows my wife, the other one of her paintings.

This is an eaven smaller ROG Tri Vibe  :D

Outside

Inside

www.soldersound.com

graylensman

All the rest I did with Illustrator.  I would've liked to get the 'Rectifier' lettering in white with outline, but I couldn't figure out how.  Anyone know?
What version of Illustrator do you have? Latest versions (CS3, CS4) have the live trace feature:

Open a new Illustrator file and place your "Recifier" art in it. Select the placed art. Go to menu Object > Live Trace > Make and Expand. Your art should now be outlined as Illustrator vector paths. Given that you created the rest of your Dr. Boogie art with AI, I'll assume you know how to select objects and change their stroke and fill settings.

philbinator1

I'll pm you, sorry for the off-topic folks.   
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

Galego

Quote from: Renegadrian on May 25, 2010, 08:42:34 AM
GALEGO, your pedals are GREAT!!! I love them all, simple graphics but all of them look nice!!!
Compliments!!!

Thanks  ;)

My (hopefully) finished Dr. Boogey layout, done with Adobe Illustrator.  I re-made the logo myself, using the closest font I could for "DUAL"..the "Dr. Boogey" bit is Magneto Bold font, and the "Rectifier" bit I got by using the snapshot funtion in Adobe Reader, from the Dual/Triple Rec. user manual.  All the rest I did with Illustrator.  I would've liked to get the 'Rectifier' lettering in white with outline, but I couldn't figure out how.  Anyone know?

If someone else has a use for it, I made it with the intention of spreading around the diy community here cos heaps of people make Boogey's...just PM me and I'll email it.  Oh and, it exactly fits the 'large' die-cast enclosure from Jaycar, so a bit of fiddling around might be in order to make it fit other boxes.

Oh and many thanks to Slade for PM-ing me his dr boogey layout, provided much inspiration in the wee hours.  :)

I think the knobs are a bit too far apart and get too close to the footswitch. Unless people are using chicken head knobs they don't have to be that far apart. With 16mm Alpha pots and the regular pointer knobs you could get them all in one row easily. Otherwise, good job, can't wait to see someone etching that  ;D