News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phector2004

Slade, pienso que Ripicapardopo es celoso de sus grabados!   :P

Hope that came out right, unless those Argentinean girls were making a fool out of me  ;D

Slade

Yeah, he's jealous because he can't use ferric perchlorure as he has metal cyborg hands... that's why he only make perfboards.

Hey, jacobyd, glad you like it... BTW here's my last joke:

What do you find at the top of a Rick's ladder?

A STOP! sign. :icon_biggrin:

ca cat

Some of my builds - I added aluminium faceplates to pedals I build some time ago

It is a TS808 / OCD combo, Easyvibe and Rebote 2.5 with PTAP tap tempo control
Jamin' with JaM IT FX - www.jamitfx.com

solderman

Hi all
I'm proudly presenting Boogieman A 1590A size Dr Boogey

I originally made this layout for the 666 competition but a couple of missing pots and a slow postal service from Germany resulted in a nearly ready build but the summer holiday came in between and made me miss the dead line. The thing has been laying around for a while now and I thought it was time to finish it at last.

Here is the internals

And a sound check
http://solderman.fatabur.se/DR_Bogie/DB.mp3

And the graphics

Still have to paint the box....... :D
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

noelgrassy

Quote from: John Lyons on July 14, 2010, 01:32:12 AM
I have an original dremel 70's? That I have used once.
Grandfather hand me down years ago.
I ought to use it for such a task. Now to buy some bits.

By the way dave (or anyone). Know of a bit/attachment
to scrape/file flat surfaces? For instance the uneven cast
pour holes in the bottom of an enclosure?
I use a wood forstner bit in the drill press that works but
is a bit clumsy and not the right tool for the job.

John, I have a 1-1/2" broken piece of a Bastard file that I originally used for fretwork
that can double as a casting leveler. Slow to start but does the job fairly quickly.

NG.
"Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, and those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied by drink." Mark TwGL

fatfoohy

@solderman, amazing build! i love your 1590a's. what size drill bit do you use for the holes for the lugs on the 3pdt on the pcb?
having leftover parts is just proof that you made it better!!!!

John Lyons

Quote from: noelgrassy on September 01, 2010, 05:47:28 PM
Quote from: John Lyons on July 14, 2010, 01:32:12 AM
By the way dave (or anyone). Know of a bit/attachment
to scrape/file flat surfaces? For instance the uneven cast
pour holes in the bottom of an enclosure?
I use a wood forstner bit in the drill press that works but
is a bit clumsy and not the right tool for the job.

John, I have a 1-1/2" broken piece of a Bastard file that I originally used for fretwork
that can double as a casting leveler. Slow to start but does the job fairly quickly.

NG.

thanks for that idea!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

MmmPedals

@solderman
Dont paint your enclosure with Boggieman
Make sure it says boogieman

tuckster

solderman: this is so awesome!!!!
ca cat: etched face plates? I like these shiny designs.
  • SUPPORTER

solderman

Quote from: MmmPedals on September 01, 2010, 07:59:02 PM
@solderman
Dont paint your enclosure with Boggieman
Make sure it says boogieman

Yes good point. I guees now when the competition is over the referens will shine through

@fatfoohy:

I use a 2.5 mm drill bit
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

darron

a few recent collaborations with Shaun Klinger:

A new tone bender based layout in progress:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

kupfer_m

Quote from: ca cat on September 01, 2010, 04:43:58 PM
Some of my builds - I added aluminium faceplates to pedals I build some time ago

It is a TS808 / OCD combo, Easyvibe and Rebote 2.5 with PTAP tap tempo control

Very classy designs, are those etched?

ca cat

yes, etched aluminium faceplates.

Done by carefuly following the tutorial, made by The Etching Grand Master Slade  :D
Jamin' with JaM IT FX - www.jamitfx.com

Hupla

This is a Son of Screamer made with my own vero layout. This is my favourite. so happy with how it turned out after my last build which was a disaster (dr. Boogey). Blue Pnp really is the way to go.

And Guts

The next two pedals are courtesy of Taylor's PCB's. They are really good and made the builds so much easier.

Echobase with tails permanently engaged and the humbucker mods. Although im still getting a bit of distortion but its manageable thank god.

Guts

The Tap Tremelo that was designed here. Its a really good tremelo but Im having some problems with ticking. Thinking of shielding the LED as its effecting the power supply aswell. I know this as there is an LED on my adapter and it flashes with the tempo.

And guts

No knobs yet but still couldn't awit to put the pics up.
Hope you guys like them. :)
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

rousejeremy

Those look fantastic.^
The quality of the pedals posted here has gone through the roof in the past year
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Hupla

Quote from: rousejeremy on September 02, 2010, 03:21:32 PM
Those look fantastic.^
The quality of the pedals posted here has gone through the roof in the past year

Thanks man. Its really down to People on the forum being so talented and friendly. I wouldnt be able to do etching at all if it wasn't for slade's tutorial.
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

dune2k

Quote from: Hupla on September 02, 2010, 12:06:38 PM
This is a Son of Screamer made with my own vero layout. This is my favourite. so happy with how it turned out after my last build which was a disaster (dr. Boogey). Blue Pnp really is the way to go.

Hi,
could you post the SoS vero layout or send me an PM with it?

Cheers,
dune

Slade

Quote from: ca cat on September 02, 2010, 10:37:47 AM
yes, etched aluminium faceplates.

Done by carefuly following the tutorial, made by The Etching Grand Master Slade  :D
Hey, glad I can help! Those etchings and Hupla's came out great :icon_biggrin:

Here's my latest, it's a MXR Noise Gate made with Tonepad's PCB, using Attenuation mod. Works like a charm...
This pedal is used at the end of the pedal chain, right after the effect loop and before the amp, so I thought about calling it "The Final Cut" and the orb is the logo of the band.

Regards,
Fernando.-

Well.. in fact it was Rick who gave me the "Final Cut" idea... I felt bad not recognizing his incredible creativity. Incredible for such an old man.

.Mike

Quote from: Slade on September 02, 2010, 07:08:35 PM
Here's my latest...

Am I the only one who goes through several stages when Slade posts his pictures? First, I look at the pedal and am both impressed, and instantly jealous. Then, I go over the pedal with a fine tooth comb, hoping to find an error-- a chip in the paint, a dimple in the etch, a misspelling... anything. As usual, I never do, which leaves me discouraged and dejected. But by the time I am ready to scroll on to the next picture, though, it's all bunnies and sunshine-- I end up excited and hopeful that, with practice, I'll be able to get similar results.  :D

Slade, I had almost convinced myself that your pedals must have the most mangled, hideous wiring and boards, but then you posts gutshots with this latest one, and spoil my fantasy. Grrr! :P

Awesome stuff.

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

frequencycentral

Quote from: Slade on September 02, 2010, 07:08:35 PM
......so I thought about calling it "The Final Cut".....

Well.. in fact it was Rick who gave me the "Final Cut" idea... I felt bad not recognizing his incredible creativity. Incredible for such an old man.

"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." - Diogenes of Sinope (412 BC - 323 BC)  ;)
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!