News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: fretzburner on February 16, 2012, 04:59:13 AM
By the way this is the stock (block) version.The mods were just added upon housing the unit.

I am very interested in knowing where you tapped the circuit so you could switch between the Phase 45 and Phase 90  8)

Been looking for a good way to do that  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

cloudscapes

Quote from: egasimus on February 16, 2012, 03:02:23 AM
cloudscapes, impressive as always! I especially like the LED indicators. About the chip you're using - it's a 328, isn't it. Isn't it overkill for what it does? The ease of reprogramming it kinda compensates for that, but I'd go the ATtiny45/assembly way... then get distracted by a housefly and abandon the project for good, but that's another story.

an 88. I tried a tiny but it didn't like what I was doing with 3 timers and two PWM channels  :icon_biggrin:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

fretzburner

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 16, 2012, 07:13:13 AM
Quote from: fretzburner on February 16, 2012, 04:59:13 AM
By the way this is the stock (block) version.The mods were just added upon housing the unit.

I am very interested in knowing where you tapped the circuit so you could switch between the Phase 45 and Phase 90  8)

Been looking for a good way to do that  ;D

Looking at my perf layout disconnect pin7 of IC3 from the circuit and solder wires on each disconnected points.pin7 is the 90 and the other is the output.now solder a wire from pin7 of IC2 and that wire is the 45.Switch SW1log-45,SW2log(center)-out,SW3log-90.Just using two stages instead of four results phase45.I hope this helps.

fretz

a soBer Newt

Quote from: Nikolay on February 15, 2012, 07:43:20 AM
Here is my last custom effect
Bass drive:

I really like the idea of SMT on one side and through hole on the other!

skullservant

This first one started out as a lofi-delay kit from Synthrotek. It's made more for synth levels, so it needed a booster before it. I put a Madbean Thunderpuss before the delay circuit so that there isn't a volume drop, with volume control stashed away on the side. I switched out both knobs from the kit for 500k's, and now it can go from slapback delay all the way to cricket chirping. The toggle in the center turns on the LDR in the bottom right of the pedal so I can get Wow And Flutter effects on the fly with my foot. I also added CV to the delay pot, so I can plug in an external LDR and theoretically control the pedal with both the LDR on the pedal itself as well as the external LDR. It gets insane.

Next one is a Foxx Tone Machine clone using a Madbean Board. I fell in love with this enclosure size.

Lastly, a four knob RAT from a Madbean Board.

tasos

Lol the tone machine looks empty! ;D
Hard time wiring it? :icon_razz:

rousejeremy

Plexidrive with microamp. I'm going to replace the microamp with a demeter mid boost, not too impressed with the way the microamp interacts with it.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

fretzburner

And here are my other builds
Dual Delay

Auto Wah

Boost and 2 OD

Compressor

Dual Chorus

skullservant

Quote from: tasos on February 16, 2012, 12:47:15 PM

Nah. I like huge enclosures. I also didn't like the spacing of the board mounted pots, so I put wires on them so I could space them out. I didn't feel like adding a useless wire for the LED so I just wired it to the board, it makes it stay in place more-so than if I added a wire. I'm a big fan of securing my boards down some way or another. It makes me feel uneasy when I open a pedal and the board is floating.

skullservant

Quote from: skullservant on February 16, 2012, 06:03:11 PM
Quote from: tasos on February 16, 2012, 12:47:15 PM

Nah. I like huge enclosures. I also didn't like the spacing of the board mounted pots, so I put wires on them so I could space them out. I didn't feel like adding a useless wire for the LED so I just wired it to the board, it makes it stay in place more-so than if I added a wire. I'm a big fan of securing my boards down some way or another. It makes me feel uneasy when I open a pedal and the board is floating.

But YES. Extremely hard time wiring it up. Took me a minute to get the joke  :icon_eek: :D ;D

pinio

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

teej212

might want to reconsider the FC UK name, its been taken by a clothing company

frequencycentral

Quote from: teej212 on February 17, 2012, 08:06:23 AM

Yeah but they sadly lack the arrow.......I can't fit 'Frequency Central' across Euro like I can for my pedals, hence 'FC>UK'. If French Connection come after me I'll change to 'FU>CK', thus making the pre-lawsuit FC>UK modules instantly collectable classics. Now, if French Connection happen to release any pedals or synth modules they can expect to receive a strongly worded letter from my mum.

frequencycentral

.....and just finished this batch for Joe's Pedals:

nomorebetts

Quote from: frequencycentral on February 17, 2012, 08:12:31 AM

... thus making the pre-lawsuit FC>UK modules instantly collectable classics. Now, if French Connection happen to release any pedals or synth modules they can expect to receive a strongly worded letter from my mum.

:D
I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...

Slade

Quote from: frequencycentral on February 17, 2012, 08:12:31 AM

Yeah but they sadly lack the arrow.......I can't fit 'Frequency Central' across Euro like I can for my pedals, hence 'FC>UK'. If French Connection come after me I'll change to 'FU>CK', thus making the pre-lawsuit FC>UK modules instantly collectable classics. Now, if French Connection happen to release any pedals or synth modules they can expect to receive a strongly worded letter from my mum.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Hey Frequency United Central Kingdom, those boxes are COOL!

chi_boy

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

deadastronaut

@rick: fc>uk-ing awesome synth stuff...!... :icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool:

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Ummagumma