Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

^ Hokey Pokey actually.  ;D
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Jdansti

Quote from: John Lyons on November 16, 2012, 10:03:07 PM

Sort of music related-I read that the guy who wrote the "Hokey Pokey" recently passed away. When it was time to put him in his coffin they put his left leg in...
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: Jdansti on November 16, 2012, 11:21:30 PM
Quote from: John Lyons on November 16, 2012, 10:03:07 PM

Sort of music related-I read that the guy who wrote the "Hokey Pokey" recently passed away. When it was time to put him in his coffin they put his left leg in...
Oh god :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

bluebunny

^^^ moving swiftly on...

Here's my new fuzz face, from the Dallas NPN schematic at Beavis:

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Perrow

Quote from: Greenmachine on November 16, 2012, 08:36:17 PM
Hey Perrow,

why is one leg of your PT2399 sticking out?

Pin 4 of the PT2399 is digital ground, but it's internally connected to analog ground and can therefore be left unconnected. I've modified my layout since I etched this so that pin 4 isn't connected to ground even if it's not sticking out, but in this build I had to leave the PT2399 pointing it's finger :)
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

garcho

I've found noodling with CMOS crap that one of the easiest ways to deal with unneeded pins is to just pull the leg out of the socket (obviously, only works when you socket your ICs). they come out easily.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

ca cat

Some new ones from the shop :)

Fallen Angel - extreme, heavy drive

A japan-themed british-like overdrive with boost

Active/pasive ABY box
Jamin' with JaM IT FX - www.jamitfx.com

kato

Fuzz Factory
Thanks to semicolonoscopy for sharing his graphic.

Sorry my bastard reproduction doesn't do his artwork justice.

PS: pots are mounted wrong in this pic. don't do it this way or the pots will be reversed.
Still, sounds damn good.

Actually, That is indeed how the pots are meant to go on the madbean layout. "vol" on the left, and "stab" on the right. If you use semicolonoscopy's image from the 'graphics!' thread, plan to flip the board around, or photoshop the graphic first.
If school won't teach you how to fight for what's needed
They're teaching you to go through life and get cheated.

davent

If you use the machined DIP sockets you can just pop an individual socket out the holder for the ic's leg(?)  that doesn't need to connect to anything. Gives you free space on the PCB to run traces under or out from under the ic.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

LaceSensor

1776 Effects Multiplex Echo Machine tape simulator, with 1776 long brick Rub-a-Dub reverb

Magnus Modulus

LaceSensor

Couple of A/DA Flangers

LaceSensor

Madbean Dirtbag Memory Man (MN3005, 15v)

Madbean Current Lover Electric Mistress (MN3007, 15v)

John Lyons

^ Who needs sleep?
Dang son....!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

LaceSensor

I did the Multiplex from about 4pm - 10pm yesterday,
The Magnus was around 1pm - 8pm today. Both units from scratch to finished, graphics.
There are so many damn offboard wires in the modulus, musta wasted an hour cutting and prepping wire.

One of those ADA I have had done for ages, then I made a second one recently, about 6-7 hours in one of those I guess, too.
The DMM has been on the bench for ages, firstly with 2 x MN3008, then 4 x MN3008, then I got some MN3005s and removed the double delay boards etc.
The Mistress has been finished ages ago and has been on my live board for a while, great sound running at 15v (charge pump hidden under PCB).

bluebunny

Boxed these up today:

Brian May boost from the schematic posted at Geofex, with an extra volume control to, er, control the volume.  It's a birthday prezzie for my tame guitarist - happy birthday Paul!

Small Time delay, by ValveWizard.
  • SUPPORTER

Fender3D

"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

bluebunny

Quote from: Fender3D on November 19, 2012, 11:43:37 AM
Nice..
Is he Stan Smith's redneck brother?  :icon_mrgreen:

Ha ha!   ;D  Nope, it's Desperate Dan.  Probably unknown west of the Atlantic.  :)

• SUPPORTER

pakrat

These are all stunning! Marc, all I can say is WOW!

bluebunny

Quote from: pakrat on November 19, 2012, 01:18:31 PM
These are all stunning! Marc, all I can say is WOW!

Thanks pakrat - appreciate the kind words.  If only you could see them as close up as I can.   :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

deadastronaut

@marc:  love the design/colour knob matching. on the delay....cool,  now treat yourself to some cow pie!.. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//