SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambulancevoice

no no
i love seeing all these awsome pedal clones
what i meant by that was that he was telling a couple of individual guys off for posting there fuzz factory when there is tones of other clones on here, so why should it matter that they posted f.f. clones
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

John Lyons

Here are a couple things I just finished.

African Makore (top and bottom) and Mexican Kelorba (sides) 1x12" cabinet
Weber Silver Bell Speaker (great sounding Celestion type clone)

1/2" half blind dovetails. 15 coats of linseed oil and polyurathane

Highly figured Makore top. It's amazing how nice that wood is. Well..it was about $90 worth or wood!!!

The back panels are Macacauba wood. Weber "silver bell" peeking out.

Dr boogie in red. Not my usuall wood enclosures but...
...the color is much nicer in person, a great true red texture 1790NS from Pedal Parts Plus (thanks guys!)

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

fixr1984

Holy crap!!!!!
Your woodworking skills are awesome! That honestly looks
like it was store bought or professionally made. Well the picture is proof positive
that it was pro made. :icon_biggrin:

Dragonfly

John, thats REALLY beautiful !

I wish i had some extra cash, so i could "con" you into building one for me !!!

AV

John Lyons

Thanks folks...
The guy who ordered this wanted the wood to be something that would "floor him every time he saw it".
The top of that cab does that for me.

I wish I had the cash to make myself one!

I do have more of that nice Makore wood left enough for another amp cab or Head (top and bottom at least) ....anyone?

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Dragonfly

Quote from: Basicaudio on March 09, 2007, 11:03:01 PM
Thanks folks...
The guy who ordered this wanted the wood to be something that would "floor him every time he saw it".
The top of that cab does that for me.

I wish I had the cash to make myself one!

I do have more of that nice Makore wood left enough for another amp cab or Head (top and bottom at least) ....anyone?

John

OK...i'll bite !  PM me with a price !  I have an Orange Tiny Terror on the way...it would be cool to "box it up" and have a matching cab for it !

ambulancevoice

amazing, i must say!
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

petemoore

For that look the wood was a great deal, WOW is right, the side panel and back are stunning, That's some fine whole grain goodness.
  Silver Bell's a great choice...
  Nothing sounds better than a great speaker cabinet, super nice, I'm sure you'll love having that around !
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

darron

Quote from: fixr1984 on March 09, 2007, 10:17:14 PM
Holy crap!!!!!
Your woodworking skills are awesome! That honestly looks
like it was store bought or professionally made. Well the picture is proof positive
that it was pro made. :icon_biggrin:

yeah.. quite obviously it WAS professionally made. (:

with the polyurethane on the outside it will be almost indestructible.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

slacker

I was going to join in the FuzzFactory "debate" but I'm speechless after seeing Basicaudio's stuff ;D
That cabinet is beautiful.

zeta55

Quote from: slacker on March 10, 2007, 08:24:11 AM
I was going to join in the FuzzFactory "debate" but I'm speechless after seeing Basicaudio's stuff ;D
That cabinet is beautiful.

+1

About the most hard on giving cabinet I've ever seen!!! Man, I would love to have something like that for my little 6.5" speaker wich is about to get redressed with a new cabinet.
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

tjcombs

Talk about STUFFING an enclosure!
I found about the smallest enclosure I could find in town.
I have some pics next to an mxr small box.
Here's some gutshots of my Rangemaster.

Pedals Built - MXR Dist + / WY Harmonics Booster preamp / Rebote 2.5 / Ruby / Rangemaster
Next Project - Some sort of tube amp or mic preamp maybe?????
www.myspace.com/glorynights

mojokicks37

;D Oh, how I love this thread....
So much goodness... can't wait to participate!
"I'm always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning . . . Every day I find something creative to do with my life."

"For me, music and life are all about style."

cloudscapes

I built this looper on the weekend:

It's a simple project compared to the rebote I'm about to start, but a nice excersise in clean wiring and organization, and enclosure stuff. Also, my only other feedback looper was my first project ever and it shows. It's messy inside and ugly outside, so what the hell!

Stomp on the left is bypass. Stomp on the right is momentary, or at least it will be once I get the momentary part. Right now it's just a regular DPDT. The toggle switch next to the 500k pot does the same as the momentary stomp, only that I can use it feet-free if I'm down on the ground playing the pedals into some phychadelic noise trip. The graphic is just a color inkjet printout on glossy photo paper! I glued it on the painted enclosure with stick glue and caked the whole thing in about twenty layers of clearcoat.

I've also started making my own patch cables, shown in the picture.  :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Tuemmueh

Have you got the wiring layout for your feedback looper?

btw ... looks just great, love that style!

darron

that is some pretty cool artwork! the seem on the top is very neat, and the blobs around external components (can we call these peripherals?) looks cool (:
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

mojotron

Quote from: Basicaudio on March 09, 2007, 11:03:01 PM
Thanks folks...
Wow John - that is a really great job, do you have a special tool/method for making the dovetail joints?

John Lyons

Thanks Mojo
I just use an inexpensive craftsman dovetail template and a router. It's a bit fiddly to set up but once you are familiar with what can go wrong and how to compensate it works well. There are small tricks here and there to get it to work but it just comes from doing it a bunch of times and knowing your parameters, as with any skill.

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

g3rmanium

Call me Johann.

mojotron

Quote from: Basicaudio on March 11, 2007, 11:39:56 PM
...it just comes from doing it a bunch of times and knowing your parameters, as with any skill...

Thanks for the info, I'm looking at turning a 7-ply 3/4"  plywood section into a decent speaker cabinet some day.

From my last experiment  :icon_redface:, I know I'll need to practice on some cheap wood for a while.