News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fixr1984

Heres a few of my newest. I've been trying to get the whole label/clearcoat thing perfected.

This is a bypass effect loop box with a tuner mute option.

This is a "Great Cheddar" by R.G. It wasnt until after I was done clear coating that I realized
I put the wrong name on it. :P

This is a combo box. There is a "Peppermill OD" on one side and a "Firecracker OD" on the other.
Yup that is Jenna Jameson on the front. 8)

toneman

VERY NICE!   fixr1984 !!!
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Dragonfly

Well, I haven't bothered to "decorate" it yet...but I built this one today ! I'm gonna do a bunch of these....building on turret board is darn fun !

Just a bit of "Old School" for ya !

AC

petemoore

Turret board Const looks like it could be a really good brawler.
   I've been trying to get the whole label/clearcoat thing perfected.
   Fixr, I think you've got it.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

$uperpuma

Turret Board FTW!!!
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Dragonfly

Quote from: $uperpuma on March 05, 2007, 12:47:05 AM
Turret Board FTW!!!

:icon_mrgreen:

Nobody said I was "normal" !!!!

I'm gonna build a few of these for sale...they sound AMAZING !  I have plenty of parts... :)

AC

Dragonfly

Quote from: petemoore on March 05, 2007, 12:46:10 AM
  Turret board Const looks like it could be a really good brawler.

Pretty much "indestructible " !  Looks cool too ! :D

Most fun I've had building a pedal in a LONG, LONG time !

AC

tommy.genes

Man, turret-board construction has got to give that jawn mad mojo...

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

JimRayden

Where'd you get that cute board? Turreted it yourself?

---------
Jimbo

nightingale

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 05, 2007, 12:20:06 AM
Well, I haven't bothered to "decorate" it yet...but I built this one today ! I'm gonna do a bunch of these....building on turret board is darn fun !

Just a bit of "Old School" for ya !

Killer!
I did a FF and an LPB on "eyelet board" after I built my first 18watt lite amp.
I works great for small/old circuits. I got the idea from my old FZ1-A. It is built on fish-paper and eyelets.
I think velleman in making fish-paper again?

here we go,
ry
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

Dragonfly

Quote from: JimRayden on March 05, 2007, 10:22:44 AM
Where'd you get that cute board? Turreted it yourself?

---------
Jimbo

PM'd

mdh

Love the turret board. I've been meaning to build some simpler circuits on perf, using flea clips in the same way as turrets. I only wish I had the budget for boxes and switches that some of you guys seem to have. Most of my builds wind up as naked boards that I plug into my prototyping rig and play with for awhile, then get sorted for boxing-up priority. Only a lucky few have made it into boxes so far  :-[

johngreene

Quote from: fixr1984 on March 04, 2007, 09:44:58 PM
Heres a few of my newest. I've been trying to get the whole label/clearcoat thing perfected.

This is a combo box. There is a "Peppermill OD" on one side and a "Firecracker OD" on the other.
Yup that is Jenna Jameson on the front. 8)

hmmm, wonder if Jenna Jameson's lawyers have grabbed this (mis)use of her copyrighted image yet......
I started out with nothing... I still have most of it.

fixr1984

How would you consider this a mis use? It's for personal use i have no intention
of trying to sell it.

johngreene

Quote from: fixr1984 on March 05, 2007, 06:04:41 PM
How would you consider this a mis use? It's for personal use i have no intention
of trying to sell it.

Except that there is a review of one of your 'custom' pedals on Harmony Central from someone who bought it. To me (and this is only my opinion), this establishes "JC Effects" as a company that builds and sells custom pedals. Since your company name is displayed prominately across her picture, well, fill in the rest.  The thing is you posted to the internet a design that uses her image to promote your company. That can't be a good thing.

But I'm no lawyer and I don't pretend to be one on TV either.

--john

$uperpuma

Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

fixr1984

Quote from: johngreene on March 05, 2007, 06:16:20 PM
Quote from: fixr1984 on March 05, 2007, 06:04:41 PM
of trying to sell it.

Except that there is a review of one of your 'custom' pedals on Harmony Central from someone who bought it. To me (and this is only my opinion), this establishes "JC Effects" as a company that builds and sells custom pedals. Since your company name is displayed prominately across her picture, well, fill in the rest.  The thing is you posted to the internet a design that uses her image to promote your company. That can't be a good thing.

But I'm no lawyer and I don't pretend to be one on TV either.

--john

I can see where you are coming from but would you happen to have a link to what you found?
I dont have anything on Harmony Central. JC is something I just came up with.

johngreene

Well then, never mind! :)

I googled for "JC effects" and it came back with this:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/brand/JC

I assumed it was you, my bad.

--john

choklitlove

it's not much to look at, but i'm posting to help other people avoid this.  this is my first etch, and i used testor's model enamel paint for the etch-resist step, just to fill in the sides and some blanks that the press n peel missed.  it resisted like all hell, but then i couldn't sand it off by wet sanding.  eventually, i got the majority off, but after all of the sanding, i sanded off a lot of what i wanted to keep.  you can still see some gray enamel on it.  it was not a pleasant experience, and i've learned my lesson.

http://geocities.com/worthekik/thingmodbuild.html

anyway, the circuit sounds good.
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

markm

Testors is tough stuff.
I've painted enclosures with it and, well, it sticks pretty darn good!