Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benoi31

QuoteRunning @310V. No enclosure yet.

That seems a bit dangerous!  :icon_confused:

temol

That seems a bit dangerous!  :icon_confused:

Because of the exposed circuit or because of high voltage in general?

T.

Fender3D

Because of the exposed high voltage  :icon_mrgreen:
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

Benoi31

QuoteBecause of the exposed high voltage  :icon_mrgreen:
You got it  :icon_lol:

stallik

Quote from: Fender3D on March 28, 2018, 10:15:57 AM
I'm currently working on a little valve amp. Been so careful to check that the caps are discharged before working on is but a couple of days ago, forgot to unplug it first. 240v ac is much better than a big DC zap but still not much fun. Made a cover.  ;)
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

italianguy63

Quote from: stallik on March 28, 2018, 03:18:41 PM
I'm currently working on a little valve amp. Been so careful to check that the caps are discharged before working on is but a couple of days ago, forgot to unplug it first. 240v ac is much better than a big DC zap but still not much fun. Made a cover.  ;)

Never been bitten by 240V thank goodness!!

120V plenty of times... LOL

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

rankot

My latest "baby", copy of of Acoustic 360 preamp, but without fuzz and EQ, just bass/treble and variamp. I am delighted with sound!

UV print on top. Gutshots are not so spectacular, just PCB to be seen, but if anyone insists, I will take a photo :)
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

duck_arse

don't make me draw another line.

ElectricDruid

Quote from: italianguy63 on March 28, 2018, 03:49:43 PM
Quote from: stallik on March 28, 2018, 03:18:41 PM

Never been bitten by 240V thank goodness!!

120V plenty of times... LOL

MC

It's Russian roulette at 240V. 200V+DC is as bad or worse. Some people get killed on their first shock. Others are lucky. I've survived two that I remember, so I'm on my third life...and you only get three lives, right?!
So furgawdssake be careful. Those aren't voltages to mess with.

Tom

rankot

While reading an old book about tubes, I have read a life-saving hint: tie copper wire (make sure it is not coated!) to your wrist, and another end to house grounding. If you accidentaly touch high voltage, it will go through low resistance path, and not through your body.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

EBK

Quote from: rankot on March 30, 2018, 04:50:21 AM
While reading an old book about tubes, I have read a life-saving hint: tie copper wire (make sure it is not coated!) to your wrist, and another end to house grounding. If you accidentaly touch high voltage, it will go through low resistance path, and not through your body.
And attach a note to the part that goes around your wrist that reminds you to unplug everything and discharge the caps.  :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

rankot

Quote from: duck_arse on March 29, 2018, 09:35:45 AM
- insist -

It's here. Not so spectacular as outside, ain't it?  ;)

I will soon post top side if anyone wants to see it :)
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

duck_arse

Quote from: rankot on March 30, 2018, 07:17:11 AM
Quote from: duck_arse on March 29, 2018, 09:35:45 AM
- insist -

It's here. Not so spectacular as outside, ain't it?  ;)

I will soon post top side if anyone wants to see it :)

spectacular, no, maybe. but we can at least ask why there's parts missing, can't we?

temol

Quote from: ElectricDruid
It's Russian roulette at 240V. 200V+DC is as bad or worse.

Trying to scare me.. ? You are wasting your time, I'm already scared :)

1590BBS enclosure. It was PITA to put it in a box. The PCB is screw mounted to the lid.
It's awaiting the graphics and tubes guard.

T.

rankot

Quote from: duck_arse on March 30, 2018, 09:28:45 AM
spectacular, no, maybe. but we can at least ask why there's parts missing, can't we?

Of course, this is the top side - so you can see why there are some parts missing - I made it with a boost converter using MC34036 at first, but it was noisy as hell, so I removed all boost related parts and added another NE555 based boost converter (you can see it here as a separate little PCB).

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

kaycee

Laudanum Fuzz and Fuzzrite (amp version).

The Laudanum is a modified Fuzzrite circuit, has a pre-gain input pot and a mid scoop via capacitor and pot to ground. The extra board inside is a post fuzz booster.

Mosrite Fuzzrite, from the 'amp' version schematic - a bit more midrange to my ears.

ElectricDruid

Beautiful fuzzes, Kaycee. I love the finishes. Nice work!

Tom

vigilante397

So this isn't a stompbox per se, but it's closely related :P I posted about this a little while ago before it was boxed up. It's my benchtop prototyping power supply, which I affectionaltely call "Multi-Volty." It has 9V, 4.5V, 5V, 6.3V, and a high voltage output that's adjustable from 30V to 400V. I moved the high-voltage adjustment from a board-mounted trimpot to a box-mounted pot so I can adjust it from the outside, and I attached a cheap DC voltmeter so I can see what voltage it's putting out. Each rail has a status LED, though realistically if one regulator were to stop working it would most likely just knock out the whole supply ::) The artwork kinda turned out like garbage since I painted too thick before baking, but whatever, it's just for my workbench :P

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bancika

Quote from: Hatredman on March 20, 2018, 09:14:59 AM
Have to ask: why the different orientations of the front panel switches?

.sig goes here.

Ha, I don't know :) It made sense at the time I was drawing the layout. When I finished everything I thought it was a bit weird...then I got used to it soon.

For channel switches I wanted to go left-right because the switch bat would point to the currently active pot. Bright switches usually go up-down, so I stuck with that. I guess I could make them all go left-right, but it's not worth the effort.
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

duck_arse