News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adf

Quote from: Renegadrian on February 15, 2009, 05:56:21 PM
And adf, your pedals are so nice to see...A real good introduction, a first post couldn't be better than that!!!

wow, thanks renegadrian! i dont know if i can do justice to so many cool pics in this thread, but it feels good to make something that actually works ya know?:) its so addictive...

The French connection

Quote from: kurtlives on February 15, 2009, 08:55:28 PM
Quote from: The French connection on February 15, 2009, 06:54:57 PM

That made perfect sense your english is fine. Do you use solid gauge wire or stranded to help support the board?

24 awg stranded and tin, it's less encline to break when you bend them. But i've recently recycle a bunch of 22 awg stranded copper wire i've found, those are more rigid tough but more difficult to passe through hole...

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

dano12

Here's  little Ipod stereo amp. The small speakers are salvaged from a broken set of computer speakers, circuit is two JRC386 chips and the case is an old sunglasses case donated by the missus.

cloudscapes

that's awesome Beav! getting enough volume out of them?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

ianmgull

That is really impressive. I would love to build one of those. Do you have a schem or any more info??

earthtonesaudio

A couple questions:

How'd you mount the speakers?
Have you seen the movie "Short Circuit?"

;D

dano12

The speakers are a whopping 2 ohms, so yeah it gets loud. It is not terribly practical because you have to keep the input gain low enough to avoid overdriving the 386 parts.

Schematic is simple: two smokey amps :)

I cut a small opening hole for each speaker and then super-glued them to the box.

Yes I did see short circuit, but it was many years ago...

The French connection

Quote from: dano12 on February 16, 2009, 05:49:36 PM
Here's  little Ipod stereo amp. The small speakers are salvaged from a broken set of computer speakers, circuit is two JRC386 chips and the case is an old sunglasses case donated by the missus.

I like your aestheticism, really pure approach...and thanks for your awesome site, i've learn a lot from there.

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on February 17, 2009, 08:05:33 AM
A couple questions:

;D
Haha! Johnny 5

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

niopren

BSIAB2

Magnus Modulus

Ripthorn

Niopren, those are sweet looking.  How did you do the recessed part for the labels? How did you do that finish?  Those are great.
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

niopren

Quote from: Ripthorn on February 17, 2009, 10:30:31 AM
Niopren, those are sweet looking.  How did you do the recessed part for the labels? How did you do that finish?  Those are great.

thanks
i used metalized adhesive paper, print the letters in my laser printer.

Valoosj

Quote from: niopren on February 17, 2009, 09:44:09 AM
BSIAB2

Magnus Modulus

Nice work. You live on the Isle of Man?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

quarara

this is the symbol of sicily too!

niopren

:icon_lol:

excellent!

thanks,

the truth that the symbol chosen by the fact appear several feet which means squeezing thousands of switch our stompboxes.  Logo that I saw by chance in some fonts that load on my computer.
Just had the question from which they came; some feared it was a cult or something.  :icon_lol:

elshiftos

Come on, don't keep us in suspense, tell us what the mode switch does, and can we have a guts shot :)

Interesting to see your switched gain pots, I was thinking of something similar myself. I find the output level changes drastically with different gain settings and would benefit from switched volume as well as gain.

danielzink

Keeping the 1590 dream alive  ;D

Dan

Evad Nomenclature

Quote from: The French connection on February 17, 2009, 09:12:38 AM
Quote from: dano12 on February 16, 2009, 05:49:36 PM

I like your aestheticism, really pure approach...and thanks for your awesome site, i've learn a lot from there.

Quote from: earthtonesaudio on February 17, 2009, 08:05:33 AM
A couple questions:

;D
Haha! Johnny 5

Dan

i so just went for a ride on the roflcoptr ^_^
Evad Nomenclature III
Master of Dolphin Technologies

Zen

Barcode80

A couple recent builds. The red one (missing a switch right now that shorts the feedback resistor to oscillate), named Syd, is an echo base. The blue one is a modified Ross distortion.