News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GREEN FUZ

Quote from: ~arph on February 13, 2009, 05:52:58 AM

Well, that's why I made the correction...

I know  ;). I was just trying to be funny.

QuoteI actually think that women are more likely to have discovered metallury    :)

It`s possible. One of them may have accidentally dropped something in the cooking pot.

I`ll stop now  :-X :icon_confused: :icon_redface:.

Ronsonic

We have again proven that the interwebs are completely immune to tongue in cheek humor. Even with all the little smilies it just doesn't travel through the tubes.
http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

.Mike

Here's my first contribution (if you can call it that) to this topic.

8 effects including phaser, tremolo, boost, overdrive, parallel delay, fuzz, compression, submini-tube something-or-other, etc. Also an input buffer, amp A/B, effects reordered via patch cables, and a bunch more. Click to enlarge:

It just needs some assembly...

How's that for gut shots?! Heh...! :P

:)

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

HopperP

It just needs some assembly...

How's that for gut shots?! Heh...! :P

:)

Mike
[/quote]

I just drooled all over my keyboard....that looks like such an awesome project

svstee

I just bought that same iron from mpja. Not bad, but it takes forever to warm up.

tehfunk

Quote from: HopperP on February 13, 2009, 06:56:19 PM
I just drooled all over my keyboard....that looks like such an awesome project
Hahahah, this was just too funny, and the image I got was even better. I mean I know it's a common saying, but I was thinking the same thing.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

Taylor

Quote from: .Mike on February 13, 2009, 12:23:25 PM
Here's my first contribution (if you can call it that) to this topic.

8 effects including phaser, tremolo, boost, overdrive, parallel delay, fuzz, compression, submini-tube something-or-other, etc. Also an input buffer, amp A/B, effects reordered via patch cables, and a bunch more. Click to enlarge:

Who makes this box? Does it come in this color scheme, or did you do that? Looks very cool.

.Mike

That's a Hammond 1456RL1BKBU: http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg16.htm#10degree

You can also get it with a beige top.

The one I got is the 17-inch wide model. Apparently, the 14-inch and smaller models have a 1.63mm thick top, and the 17 and 20-inch models have a 2.05mm thick top.

The price at Mouser is pretty good. The 17" black/blue was $34.03, and the 17" beige/blue is the same price. The 14" black/blue is actually more expensive, at $37.54, with the 14" beige/blue at $28.55. The 20-inch black/blue is $51.51, and the 20-inch beige/blue is $40.20. Apparently black paint is more expensive than beige... heh.

It's a pretty nice enclosure.
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

punkin

I'm still a noob but this is my second pedal. It's a Pepper Shredder. Only moments ago I finished assembly. I'm not happy with the knobs or the switch washer. I've got a brass washer and a couple old style bakealite knobs on order. I've heard people complain about the audio on this thing but I'm really liking it. Initially I tried to run it on a high-output RadioShack 12VDC wallwart and it made horrible noise. I've since plugged into a proper Astron 13 VDC power supply and the thing sounds great! Anyways...here's my contribution;

The box is from pedalenclosures.com, paint is Testor's metallic purple (this stuff takes for ever to dry!) and a clear coat.

Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

HopperP

[/quote]

how are liking the enclosures from pedalenclosures.com?

punkin

I like them alot...generous compartment...very sturdy/cast material. The case is thick and takes to drilling and working quite nicely. The guys have been really good to work with...quick delivery and in my opinion...the price is right for the product.

I was wanting to do a brass and purple theme. My brass washer and old-school knobs are on back order but I couldn't resist posting the photos  ;D
Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

punkin

Here's one more of the Purple PepperShredder and my Grey(ce)-BigDaddy

Brushthrower

Gorilla Fuzz!!!

Dragonfly's vero version of the Colorsound One Knob Fuzz Re-Issue

cathexis

Ok - here are some things you haven't seen before. I recently made a fuzz box for a friend that plays contrabass in a free form jazz trio (now, that's a story in itself - a fuzzed out double bass (bowed at times) and another guy on bass clarinet, we're talking some serious low end here) anyway, this guy works in a hospital and he had saved these for me after they redecorated the x-ray room:

Nope, no idea as of yet what to make with it. But rest assured, it will be rad!  ;D
(Yes, we accept suggestions!)

This one will be a tap tempo for my Marshall Echohead (or anything else with a tap tempo jack). Heavy thing!

LARS

Gallery: http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/cathexis/

punkin

Ok...now that takes the cake!

GREEN FUZ

Quote from: cathexis on February 14, 2009, 06:37:07 PM

Talkbox surely  ;D. Was the eye already there when you received it?

Renegadrian

punkin, that is only your second build?! Hell, you call yourself a noob!?  :icon_eek: I wish my second build would look so good....
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

punkin

Thanks for the kind words.  :icon_wink:

cathexis

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on February 14, 2009, 06:42:43 PM
Was the eye already there when you received it?
Yeah, I suspect Count Olaf! (if you get that, you are a kid)

Hmm, talkbox... there's one I haven't even thought of building. Thanks!

LARS (off hunting a talkbox schem)