News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Hole with square sides alert !
  How did you get the rectangle removed where the dipswitch is ?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

caress

Quote from: petemoore on February 10, 2009, 10:36:21 PM
  How did you get the rectangle removed where the dipswitch is ?

yes, please tell!

Gila_Crisis

simply i draw the holes on the box, then first i drilled it so that it looked like emmental cheese.
to have it square then i used a file to refin it.
the same for the 3 position switch on the side

tehfunk

Quote from: Gila_Crisis on February 11, 2009, 02:58:11 AM
simply i draw the holes on the box, then first i drilled it so that it looked like emmental cheese.
lol that must have taken forever.
Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante

Cliff Schecht

Quote from: tehfunk on February 11, 2009, 03:26:32 AM
Quote from: Gila_Crisis on February 11, 2009, 02:58:11 AM
lol that must have taken forever.

Not with the right drill hole size and a sharp file ;).

Gila_Crisis

10 minutes max and i add my perfect square hole!!! nothing difficult

nando8_fx

Boogdish

I think it's funny that light emitting borders, swirl paint jobs and delays in those little tiny enclosures are all old and common to us in this thread, but we still get excited over a square being cut in a piece of metal.

~arph

Yes and that has been around since mankind found out about metallurgy back in the iron age  ;D

EDIT: I wrote 'men', but I don't want to give a wrong impression.

The French connection

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

nando8_fx

yes it´s a Chorus. Small Clone Chorus.

Already this forum and follow this link for some time and now decided to start posting my pictures ..

nando8_fx

Micro Amp

Dr. Boogie

frequencycentral

Quote from: Boogdish on February 11, 2009, 09:23:11 AM
I think it's funny that light emitting borders, swirl paint jobs and delays in those little tiny enclosures are all old and common to us in this thread, but we still get excited over a square being cut in a piece of metal.

:icon_mrgreen:
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Ronsonic

Quote from: ~arph on February 11, 2009, 09:30:09 AM
Yes and that has been around since mankind found out about metallurgy back in the iron age  ;D

EDIT: I wrote 'men', but I don't want to give a wrong impression.

Afraid to dis all the female metallurgists of prehistory?   ;)
http://ronbalesfx.blogspot.com
My Blog of FX, Gear and Amp Services and DIY Info

GREEN FUZ

It is pure ignorance to say that women didn`t play a role in the advancement of Mettalurgy. Who the hell do you think washed the bowls after a hard days smelting?

Really, some people. I give up  :icon_rolleyes:.

free electron

Finally, bought some years ago a HT8955 got an assigment. I'm in a need of simple, but good sounding delay, so i've built this.
Basically, it's a little bit redesigned DM2, there's HT + 256Kbit DRAM instead of BBD giving about 800ms of delay, i've taken the dry signal outside the pre- and deemphasis path. Instead of Echo Level knob threre's a Mix knob, i can go from full dry to full wet  (parallel fx  loop use). The feedback path has a tunable active lowpass filter for this "analog" feel.
It's not yet boxed up, but already working:

Sound Sample

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Ben N

Quote from: free electron on February 11, 2009, 02:51:29 PM
Finally, bought some years ago a HT8955 got an assigment. I'm in a need of simple, but good sounding delay, so i've built this.
Basically, it's a little bit redesigned DM2, there's HT + 256Kbit DRAM instead of BBD giving about 800ms of delay, i've taken the dry signal outside the pre- and deemphasis path. Instead of Echo Level knob threre's a Mix knob, i can go from full dry to full wet  (parallel fx  loop use). The feedback path has a tunable active lowpass filter for this "analog" feel.
It's not yet boxed up, but already working:

Sound Sample

etc.
Very sweet! I like how you mounted thru-hole compoents on one side of the board and SMD on the other, and pots up over other components for a very compact board. I will never be able to do that, but I admire fine work when I see it. (Hey, I like Eric Johnson, too...)
  • SUPPORTER

fluoreszenz

Zen

curiously strong bazz fuss :)