News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mills

punkin

Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

mills

mongo

Ok, better pictures of my Salad bowl fuzz with the plexi bottom!

flo

That Salad bowl fuzz is beautiful! It's like Dalek's pet.  :o 8)

How did you cut the plexi into a nice circle?
How did you attach the bottom place to the metal bowl?

mongo

I attached the bottom drilling small holes and putting some L shaoed little metal plates.

adf

Hi everyone, thought i'd finally share some of mine...

Orange squeezer...

and EA Tremolo.

a few smudges but im pretty pleased with them ;D
Al

kurtlives

Push pull tone switch for a clear bell like tone or a more bassy heavy, gainer tone.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

ralley

Latest build, it's my take on a BOR: Combined BSIAB2 and SHO in a box - hence the name, Mar-sho-ll.  Strangely my SHO no longer crackles, it used to but stopped, still works fine though.  Artwork was done by taking swatches from photos of actual Marshall amps and assembling them in Inkscape, this was then printed out on a colour laser and stuck down with PVA glue and then clear coat applied over the top.  Unfortunately the texture on the grill cloth etc. got a bit lost, the white specs are just surface dust.  Might try and source some actual Marshall knobs to complete the effect.

Still battling to get my holes drilled exactly where I want - and this was with centre punching and a drill press - buying a vice for my press now.

Rob.
Sender lawyers, guns and money
The sh*t has hit the fan.
   - Warren Zevon

Renegadrian

Chris, your Fender-ish pedal is gorgeous!!! So nice and classy...And we got another "amp-like" pedal, nice!

And adf, your pedals are so nice to see...A real good introduction, a first post couldn't be better than that!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

The French connection

Still hot from the iron...

...and the guts for those who are a bit ''voyeur''

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

Ell

Hey everyone, I'm new here and have almost finished looking at all of your pedals (I'm on page 391 of this thread) and felt that I should add my own.

Here is my first one, a passive A/B box

And my Orange Squeezer which I finished an hour ago. Some of you helped me out with it so thanks, I really can't believe it's working. I used Torchy's layout, it's a shame that I can't find any more of his.

kurtlives

Quote from: Renegadrian on February 15, 2009, 05:56:21 PM
Chris, your Fender-ish pedal is gorgeous!!! So nice and classy...And we got another "amp-like" pedal, nice!

And adf, your pedals are so nice to see...A real good introduction, a first post couldn't be better than that!!!
Thanks for the compliment, really appreciate it!
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

kurtlives

Quote from: The French connection on February 15, 2009, 06:54:57 PM

Dan
Nice pedal Dan, liking the vero are you ;)

Just curious is to why you mount the vero upside down? Also how do you secure it?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

The French connection

Quote from: kurtlives on February 15, 2009, 08:55:28 PM

Dan

Just curious is to why you mount the vero upside down? Also how do you secure it?
Thanks! Your Prof Tweed looks great too. I like the push/pull switch tone pot idea.
I mount the board inside the enclosure and wire the pots before, so i found it's easier to solder on the board when it is upside down. All the wire are bend at near 90 degrees and of equal length (height) so the board can't move and it's laying (suspended) just near the edge so i put a foam in the cover and everything's fine...i think. I don't know if it's clear, i'm not so good in english.

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

cloudscapes

just a minimalist TS clone with a coupla mods (extra diode here, dfferent cap there)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

DavidRavenMoon

Makore is commonly called African Cherry, which is why I thought that was what you had there.  It's redder than maple.

I have some nice curly Makore veneer that looks just like that.

Lacewood (silky oak) is just one of those woods I never cared for, along with Wenge.

Quote from: John Lyons on February 12, 2009, 11:28:12 AM
David
The first pic is a curly maple top.
Makore is kind of like Mahogany but you can
get some quilted and mottled grain that is very dramatic
and has a lot of depth.

Lacewood/buttonwood is very dramatic, when you turn it a little
that heavy grain pattern changes and it looks more like
a solid wood grain.

John

SGD Lutherie
Hand wound pickups, and electronics.
www.sgd-lutherie.com
www.myspace.com/davidschwab

kurtlives

Quote from: The French connection on February 15, 2009, 10:47:14 PM

Dan

Thanks! Your Prof Tweed looks great too. I like the push/pull switch tone pot idea.
I mount the board inside the enclosure and wire the pots before, so i found it's easier to solder on the board when it is upside down. All the wire are bend at near 90 degrees and of equal length (height) so the board can't move and it's laying (suspended) just near the edge so i put a foam in the cover and everything's fine...i think. I don't know if it's clear, i'm not so good in english.

Dan
That made perfect sense your english is fine. Do you use solid gauge wire or stranded to help support the board?
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

frank_p

Quote from: kurtlives on February 15, 2009, 11:13:22 PM
Quote from: The French connection on February 15, 2009, 10:47:14 PM

Dan

Dan
That made perfect sense your english is fine. Do you use solid gauge wire or stranded to help support the board?

You could put an other pull-push pot for opening the negative feedkack loop, I like mine without it sometimes.  Nice !

tehfunk

My second materialized build... a Fulltone OCD. I did a really simple three coats of glossy black rustoleum paint without primer, just sanding, just to see how it would turn out. But, on that note, the pedal sounds pretty damn good.

Carvin CT6M > diystompboxes.com > JCM800 4010

The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality - John Frusciante