News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daverdave

Dual state variable filter using PWM I designed a while back, it seems to take me a while to finish stuff these days ;D. The filters can be put in parallel or series and swept with the same or independent envelopes. I was aiming for a kind of mutronics mutator with mutron biphase kind of controls. The series setting is pretty wild!

Ben N

Quote from: daverdave on February 01, 2023, 04:30:46 AM
Dual state variable filter using PWM I designed a while back, it seems to take me a while to finish stuff these days ;D. The filters can be put in parallel or series and swept with the same or independent envelopes. I was aiming for a kind of mutronics mutator with mutron biphase kind of controls. The series setting is pretty wild!
Cool! Vid?
  • SUPPORTER

bean

Wow, you are a madman! That's killer.

daverdave

Quote from: Ben N on February 01, 2023, 05:14:06 AM
Cool! Vid?

I'll try to get one done over the weekend if I can, but it will probably be low quality due to my lack of video skills  ;D

Quote from: bean on February 01, 2023, 05:38:18 AM
Wow, you are a madman! That's killer.

Ah thanks! I had to take a few breaks when I was doing the switching before I completely lost it, it's always the simple stuff that messes me up!

lrgaraujo

Quote from: jmwreck on January 31, 2023, 05:11:05 AM

Carcosa

That looks killer! (i hope the joke is not lost in translation - makes total sense in portuguese  ;D)

Which transistors have you used?

ElectricDruid

The Starship Enterprise called and they want their control panel back?!?  :icon_lol:

daverdave

Quote from: ElectricDruid on February 03, 2023, 04:32:26 PM
The Starship Enterprise called and they want their control panel back?!?  :icon_lol:

;D ;D I may have gone a bit over the top with the controls   :icon_lol:

khm9

Introducing Pawdrive !

What could it be? ;)

Phend

I know I know. A Pawdrive ?
  • SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

stallik

Worth a close up look at the soldering of that 3pdt foot switch.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

ThePracticalPeasant

khm9

Quote from: Phend on February 18, 2023, 11:30:46 AM
I know I know. A Pawdrive ?
Correct! 8)

Quote from: ElectricDruid on February 18, 2023, 03:24:41 PM
Very tidy inside! Like it!
Thank you!! ;D

Quote from: stallik on February 18, 2023, 03:27:06 PM
Worth a close up look at the soldering of that 3pdt foot switch.

I apologize for the low-res photo. It required cropping. The attempt of taking a close-up photo of the soldering made me realize that I may be in a need of a macro lens... :icon_eek:

myusernamerulez

My first build: Aion Particle Vintage Fuzz.

Didn't turn out perfect and I've already chopped off some of the paint but I still like it.

stallik

QuoteI apologize for the low-res photo. It required cropping. The attempt of taking a close-up photo of the soldering made me realize that I may be in a need of a macro lens...

That was meant as a compliment. I initially thought the switch had not been soldered in. Zooming in showed that there was enough solder but not too much. And, each lug looked the same.

Perhaps a higher res image would show it in a less favourable light  ;D
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bean

A batch I just recently finished up. Delay, flanger, fuzz, boost.

ElectricDruid

Wow, Bean! Those top three are *rammed*! But do you honestly need *six* trims in a single pedal? That sounds like an adjustment nightmare and a lot of support queries!
<looks closely>
Ok, so there's two MN3005's, so that's probably a bias trim and a coutput balance trim for each one, and that's four already...Ok, I think I see where you're going with this! ;)

Anyway, damn well done for getting it all in there so neatly. Lovely work.

Also I think I need to get into your PCB-as-front-panels thing. They look great.

bean

Thank, Tom! Yeah, a lot of biasing trims on those but none more than needed, haha.

The faceplate thing is fun but it can be tedious so I've been doing more waterslide lately. Actually, that's a bit tedious as well.

jmwreck

Quote from: lrgaraujo on February 03, 2023, 12:27:05 PM
Quote from: jmwreck on January 31, 2023, 05:11:05 AM

Carcosa

That looks killer! (i hope the joke is not lost in translation - makes total sense in portuguese  ;D)
Which transistors have you used?

they're 2n5089, I think I got the pun :D

daverdave

Straight forward shredmaster clone, nothing fancy. Went for simple graphics to suit my simple drawing skills  :P