DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimRayden

For the sake of justice, I'll remain indifferent too. ;)

[edit] whoops, I pushed it to page seven... everybody, GO BACK TO PAGE 6 AND VOTE :icon_lol:

---------
Jimbo

John Lyons

I like the yellow and green one on the right.

Maybe you already addresed this but how do you rotate components after they have been placed?
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

bancika

At the moment it is not possible to modify component posistion and orientation after it's placed on board.
I'm thinking of nice solution for that problem :)
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

JimRayden

Hmm, we've got point-to-point component placement here, I don't know if rotating would work here very well... What about selecting one end of a component pin by clicking on it and somehow assign it to a new hole.

One thing would sure come in handy... flipping the polarised components like el.caps and diodes. Simple and useful.

------------
Jimbo

calpolyengineer

I too am voting for the yellow one. Bancika, every time you release a new version, it is even better than I anticipate. Keep up the good work!

-Joe

bancika

So 2:0 for yellow one :)
about editing, maybe it's not bad idea to add context menu item "Move" or something, and when you click it program lets you select two (or one, depending on component) node that will move component. I'm little vague, hope you understand :)

edit, I've uploaded new version to test installer, opening .diy files from explorer and brand new component replacement :)
right click on component in explorer and select replace to move it to another location (or rotate it, or change name/value)

http://storm-software.co.yu/DIYLayout.exe

markm

JimRayden

Great, bancika! Although, when replacing the component, the pop-up info screen should include the previous information, so I could change the component placement and not rewrite the values, just press "OK". If a value change is necessary, one could replace the value.

This thing is getting better and better with every beta.

----------
Jimbo

bancika

Well, at the moment popup window contains only old name, but not value. It will be fixed.
markm: where did you find black/yellow  ??? :icon_lol:

hairyandy

Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

rockgardenlove

Gilles C

yellow...

Btw, tonight, I began to enter the layout of a stripboard I began to wire last year. It's 40W x 21H and it goes inside a Hammond box. So I want to mark the traces I want to cut in the corners to fit the board into the box.

The problem is I can't cut the traces on the 40th column. Some people may not have a use for that... but I do  :icon_wink:

Added: In reality, I just realised I can't add any components on that 40th column. Now, that's a problem.

Can you fix that?

Thanks,

Gilles

SuzukiScottie

Excellent little utility! Many many thanks!  :icon_biggrin:

bancika

Quote from: Gilles C on May 11, 2006, 08:38:07 PM
yellow...

Btw, tonight, I began to enter the layout of a stripboard I began to wire last year. It's 40W x 21H and it goes inside a Hammond box. So I want to mark the traces I want to cut in the corners to fit the board into the box.

The problem is I can't cut the traces on the 40th column. Some people may not have a use for that... but I do  :icon_wink:

Added: In reality, I just realised I can't add any components on that 40th column. Now, that's a problem.

Can you fix that?

Thanks,

Gilles

Thank you for pointing on that bug, will fix it :)

bancika

Gilles C, did you try with latest version? On my computer if works just fine placing components in 40th column. Can someone else confirm this?

ezanker

Hi Bancika,
I tried to render an image of a perfboard layout today and I get a "Color Table Overflow" error.  I can send you the DIY file if it will help you debug, or just post the XML text in a PM.  Let me know.

Also, when I reopen the saved .diy, the layout drawing looks good but the explorer list comes up empty.

I believe I am using the latest version (one with the installer).

Thanks,
Erik

bancika

ezanker, thank you for pointing that bug. Problem is GIF compression routine. I was hoping that image will not have more than 256 colors so there's no any compression. Guess I was wrong :) I will fix it till next release.
Btw, I just added In Line ICs :)

Edit: send me .DIY file so I can test it when fixed (use submit function when you save file)
Cheers

JimRayden

Quote from: ezanker on May 12, 2006, 02:28:23 PM

Also, when I reopen the saved .diy, the layout drawing looks good but the explorer list comes up empty.

As soon as you add a component, the whole list pops back into action. A fix still needed though.

-----------
Jimbo

SuzukiScottie

calpolyengineer

I'm glad yellow is winning, I like voting for a winner.

-Joe