DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

Will fix it, tnx :)
I'll post new version with LEDs so you can finish your layout today...
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

DaveC

Great little program so far... my only annoyance is it opening in the middle of the screen... or when you have dual screens half of it on each screen ;)

Gilles C

Quote from: bancika on May 30, 2006, 06:33:55 AM
Will fix it, tnx :)
I'll post new version with LEDs so you can finish your layout today...

THANKS...

Gilles

bancika

Quote from: DaveC on May 30, 2006, 04:31:12 PM
Great little program so far... my only annoyance is it opening in the middle of the screen... or when you have dual screens half of it on each screen ;)

Well, less than 1% of users have dual display. Other 99% would be annoyed that program is displayed in corner...

bancika

Here's new version, check out resistor calculator. I'll make calculations other way round possible.
http://storm-software.co.yu/diy/layouts/diy_layout.exe

Gilles C

Wow! You've been working hard these days...

Nice resistance calculator. Very useful when you don't remember the colors. The only thing missing is being able to enter a value and get the colors but you said you'll work on it, so it's ok...

I also like the move function with the arrows. Neat.

The only thing I found out is that I'll have to start my layouts all over I think. I get an out of bounds error when I try to move some parts. Like the trimmer I already had in my last circuit. And the diodes in the precedent one that I can't correctly delete to replace them by LEDs.

I'll go back to it and see what I can do with my circuits.

Thanks,

Gilles

Sam

WOW! Oh my god! I never realised what was going on in this thread! Truly and utterly amazing! The only downside is that now I HAVE to install bloody Windows on my new Intel-Mac. :icon_smile:
"Where's the paper bag that holds the liquor?
Just in case I feel the need to puke." - Silver Jews

Gilles C

Humm.. bad news.

I just started a new pcb and I have the same problems, just by placing a Trimmer and trying to delete it.

It does the same with some other components.

And the trimmers still don't appear in the component list in the middle.

On the positive side, nice job on the LEDs. I like the way you did them. Another happy customer.

Sorry...

Gilles

mydementia

I had the same troubles... also, when I delete or move a component, the solder pads don't move...
Minor tweaks...I'm sure...
Thanks for your hard work on this - I'm sure it's going to be a great tool when you're finished!  Any more thought about grouping like components?  What about a fader bar to adjust the transparency of the components?

Thanks again.
Mike

bancika

I'll fix that ASAP, don't start your layouts from scratch because of bug...it will be ok when updated.
I have to go to exam now, so I'll do it tomorrow  :icon_frown:

Gilles C

Don't worry. Exams first.

The rest can wait.

Gilles

bancika

Stupid exams :)
It was very small bug for deletion, I just swapped order of two commands, now it's fixed.  :icon_idea:
Will do bi-directional resistor calculator this evening and I'll update it for download

bancika

I'm uploading new release, fixed delete bug and two-way resistor calculator is up and running :)
http://www.storm-software.co.yu/diy/layouts/diy_layout.exe
And try Render PnP option, is ratio ok when result image is printed from other program?
Tnx

Gilles C

Ok, I was able to finish the 2 layouts I was working on.

Only detail: The LEDs don't show up in the list of components. But the trimmers do.

Everything else seems to work the way it should. It's getting better all the time. Nice work.

I submitted one on the layouts whjen asked by the program. Should it appear on your site? Or do you have to do something on your side before it does?

I'll have to check something about the Chaos layout before I submit it.

Thanks,

Gilles

bancika

Damn, I missed that one for LED's :)
Submission works manually, when you submit layout it comes to my mailbox and then I just upload it on server. I would make it automatically, but there are few problems, so I have to check each layout. I'll upload your's now :)
Thanks!

choklitlove

Quote from: mydementia on May 30, 2006, 10:13:41 PM
I had the same troubles... also, when I delete or move a component, the solder pads don't move...
i can't figure out how to move or delete components.  am i missing something?

nice program though!
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

Gilles C

Ok, no problem, it's just that I was wondering if the submit function was working.

For the Chaos layout, I'll wait until the Leds shows in the component list then will submit it.

Btw, I tried moving components in the pcb layout, not the stripboard layout, and indeed, if you replace them it works ok, but if you use the arrows to move them, the pads don't follow the components.

Gilles

bancika

Yeah, that parent-child thing needs little fine tuning. I'll upload new release this evening.
choklitlove: to move component select it in Explorer (right side of window) and use buttons with cursor keys (below that) to move it. For deletion, just select component and hit delete on keyboard or select->right click->delete. Hope it helps

burnt fingers

I just tried this out an man was I pleased.  This is very cool.  Thanks so much.  This is going to  make my life easier.  I useually dry fit everything onto perf and hope that I don't miss a connection when I solder.  Now I can do a Virtual layout and have it handy when I fire up the ol' soldering iron.

Very cool.

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

bancika

That's the point of it's existance :) Tnx man