DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connoisseur of Distortion

bancika, your program really is something. it's easy to use, VERY functional, easy to follow, and just what we all needed! thanks a ton!!

i'll have to make a couple of layouts down the road, here. MUCH easier than guessing the componant size and making a nasty grey mass on notebook paper!

bancika

Uploading new release. The most important change is multi select / delete / move in Explorer.
http://storm-software.co.yu/diy/layouts/diy_layout.exe
Please check for SIL delete bug, I think it's fixed. Also, that strange "No active document" bug after submission, I didn't manage to replicate but I took a shot in a dark to fix it. Maybe it's ok. Please test.
Few other smaller fixes, don't remember exactly :)

Connoisseur of Distortion and stumper1: thanks!!!! :)
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

rockgardenlove

How do you draw under the board connections on perfboard?
I can't figure it out?

bancika

rockgardenlove

So should you just use the jumpers then?  I'd prefer to have a different tool for under the board ones...

Gilles C

I ran into this little problem too today when I thought I could place the jumpers more like the way I will use them inside its box.

I was able to place the jumpers, but didn't have enough place for the text identifying the jumpers. I think it wouldn't need a lot of new space to do the job...

I also found a faster way to delete many components today to make a template with only the jumpers and the cut tracks on it. I use the DEL key, starting from the first component, and just keep deleting the components one after the other. It's faster than right-clicking and choosing delete for every one of them.

Gilles

stumper1

I may have missed it - but - can parts (like trimmers) be easily rotated?
Deric®

Gilles C

Hey, there were so many new posts that I missed that you uploaded a new release with the multi components selects. Thanks, works like a charm.
That's why I mentioned that I was using the DEL key. I found that I could use it while waiting for the new version.  :icon_redface:

Also, I submited a new layout this evening to test if the "No active component" bug was fixed, and it seems that you fixed it. It worked perfectly this time.

So you can delete the layout I sent you to test the program, it's only a version of the same Chaos layout I made for myself. I didn't have any new layout to test it...

Added: I just noticed that the Chaos layout was not on your site. Is it possible that it was not sending you the layout AND showing the "No active component" window" ?
           If so, I will send you the 24x10 layout of the Chaos circuit instead of the one I sent you this evening. Tell me more about that.

Thanks again.

Gilles

bancika

I received only one Chaos layout (31x10). It doesn't appear on site automatically, I have to upload it. Send 24x10 one and I'll switch it.
stumper1: there's no component rotation yet, you can use replace option from drop down menu to place it on new posistion.
rockgardenlove: yeah, use jumpers: look at ROG's layouts. All connections are the same and nobody seems to have problem with that. It's easy to determine which connection is underboard.
Thanks to all who submited layouts!

Gilles C

Ok, I sent you the original layout I tried to send twice when the bug was there.

It's the one called "ChaosLeds.diy"

So the bug was really that it was ALSO not sending the file, and opening the error window. I thought it was sending the file but only opening the window error. But it's ok now.

Quote from: bancika on June 04, 2006, 09:51:34 AM
Good point. My goal was to open last used tree, just I wan't thinking about replacing components. Routine opens tree with newest component, so when you update existing component it goes back to newest component again. I'll change that!
Do you still have the intention of changing that?

Thanks

Gilles

bancika

Thanks for layout.
As for bug, it will be fixed, but can't do it now. Have exam tomorrow  :icon_confused:

choklitlove

hey, bancika:

is it possible to select multiple components in different categories?  or a "select all" function would be awesome!
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

Connoisseur of Distortion

for actual jumpers, i place traces from the PCB list. just switch properties over to PCB, select trace, set, switch back to perf.

yuh. it does the job.

bancika

hehe, interesting way round. what's wrong with regular jumpers? do you want them thicker?
as for multi-select in more categories, I don't know. I made one category to autoclose when other is selected to avoid mess in Explorer...

stumper1

The way I see it - the traces would show connections uder the perfboard and the jumpers would show connections on top.  Using just the jumpers make it hard to tell the difference.

I also would love to see a "select all".

Oh yeah - THANK YOU!  Even as it is - this thing is awesom.

Deric®

bancika

Then I'll leave trace component available all time, not only in PCB mode...

alteredsounds

SuzukiScottie

bancika

darkseid

bancika, really good job on the program.  I have been working on one myself but not as good as yours, I know it's hard work to create something like that, many thanks for lettiing us try it out. :icon_wink:  Oh! on your project=layouts page, I sent in LM741 Distortion Author Psychostrat.   I noticed you misspelled LM741 and Psychostrat lol...no prob :icon_mrgreen:......  Keep up the good work....thanks again;