DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

yeah, I forgot to program drop down menu...that's what happens when you hink about million things.
pyrop, one more thing that needs to be taken care of is scale. I measured my noval tube socket and it's about 8 and a half grids in diameter (mounting part)...
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

bancika

Krong

I know this has been said before but WOW!!! What an awesome project. Great work, I love it. Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!! I'm surfing your wonderful site right now. This is one helluva forum.
A fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.

bancika

xshredx

Do you take suggestions for another component?  I would really like to see a relay added. I had a look around, and most dpdt relays have fairly similar dimensions. Those that I checked have their mounting holes 2.54mm from each other, which is the spacing of the holes in your software. And the outer dimensions are fairly similar.
These are the dimensions for a Omron relay, but the NEC EA2 series (which most of the people on this board use I think) are almost identical in dimensions...

I promise to make a pcb for a relay controlled looper if you add this component...    ;)

RLBJR65

xshredx, you can use the DIL IC to do it. When you try it will say " Warning" "IC you are trying to create is not a standard size, continue?" click yes it will make it anyway and you can then make the component name, value etc. anything you want.

I did this with the SIL IC to make a bridge rectifier and a couple of voltage regulator fo a PS layout.

Richard
Richard Boop

bancika

for regulators it might be better to use transistor component. Keep in mind that those lower curernt regulators look exactly like any other transistor...as for relay, it's not a problem. I can use same routines like for IC's just change standard sizes and color. 10 minutes of work...
cheers

bancika

Added relays, now your turn xshredx  :icon_mrgreen:
Damn, three updates for single day. That's too much even for me. I'm getting sick of this project, have to rest for a few days. You guys enjoy using it and keep ideas comming
Cheers!  :icon_wink:

shadowmaster

Ideas that just popped in my head.

Box Selection feature. Selection by enclosing the group of components you want move by a box. Easier than selecting each of them one-by-one on the explorer pane. Only components, traces etc. that are TOTALLY enclosed by the box should be selected and not of those that are partially enclosed.

bancika

yeah, I'm aware of that feature, but it's not that easy to do...maybe I'll add it.
Tnx

RLBJR65

Quote from: bancika on October 06, 2006, 04:29:45 PM
for regulators it might be better to use transistor component. Keep in mind that those lower curernt regulators look exactly like any other transistor

Working on a bench top power supply, adjustable +/- 25 volts. I've built one already on perf just improving the perf layout and a new pcb.
LM317T and LM337T  TO-220 package. Way to many bridge rectifiers to list, check at NTE http://www.nteinc.com/Web_pgs/Bridge.html.

The ones I have will all fit in SIP even the W0? series that are round I just bend the leads. It takes 7 holes on perf. pad, open, pad, open, etc.
Only problem is that it will not list the odd SIP in the parts list so I used the part # as the part name.

What is this version 20 or so?
Take a break, you deserve it!
Go build something :icon_biggrin:
I really love your projects page BTW. Your guitar is sweet and the Tube Reactor is just to :icon_cool:

Richard
Richard Boop

bancika

what's odd SIP?

yeah, I'm building something: ross comp and dr boogie. Now I'm planning to build a sustainer and Fender Princeton tube amp :)
Cheers

RLBJR65

I thought the program considered it as an odd size because I used 7 holes, but it looks like SIL IC is not working at all. No mater how many pins I try to use vertically or horizontally it gives me this warning, "IC you are trying to create is not standard size, continue?"

Richard Boop

bancika

well, I'm not too familiar with SIL IC's, the only one I've ever seen is from guitar speakers I turned apart :)
So I put only few standard lengths, don't remember if 7 is covered. Just ignore warning till I fix it.

RLBJR65

Yeah I was ignoring it anyway just came up because of the relay thing.
SIL or SIP are not that common in stomp boxes and amps. Marshall MS2 practice amp has a KIA6213 thats a 9 pin other than that I don't know. I have seen many preamp and amp chips in car and home stereos that are SIL.

I actually have a couple of JRC4558 that are SIL. One day I will use them for something just seems pointless to make a board for an IC that is obsolete. Maybe I'll just keep them until someone needs one for replacement.

Quote from: bancika on October 07, 2006, 11:51:56 AM
yeah, I'm building something: ross comp and dr boogie. Now I'm planning to build a sustainer and Fender Princeton tube amp :)
Cheers

All great projects! Those will keep you away from a keyboard for awhile.
One of these days I will finish my FireFly :icon_rolleyes: A Princeton would be awesome!
Richard Boop

bancika

yeah, interesting projects. those stompboxes will be placed inside woden enclosure. I've finished circuit/wiring, today I'm finishing one enclosure (it needs at least 3-4 clear coats to shine like guitar). Firefly is great little amp, it was my first DIY project, done without any knowledge. I'd certainly do it better today, but anyway it's awesome, exaclty the sound I like for lead.
Cheers

Roobin

Just used latest version - brilliant as ever.

One minor thing - wiht jacks and pots, would it be possible to move the board fruther down? It gets a bit cramped at the top, and putting them at the bottom clashes with text.

bancika

Roobin

bancika