News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

First name

Started by aron, May 11, 2007, 08:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegadrian

Don't remember if I ever posted here...
Anyway, name's Adriano but I am RENEGADRIAN - This has become more than a net nickname, basically it's a mix between RENEGADE (do you remember Lorenzo Lamas...) and my name...So that's the way it was born...
I got it inked on my left arm, togheter with a scorpion, my zodiac sign.

I Play guitar and bass, I am a southpaw and I have a crush on 80s' Kramer Guitars (Also a member of Kramer Forum)
I love Hard Rock and Heavy Metal.
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

therizky

hi...my name is rizky,...Rizky maulana...nice name eh!?...im new to these diy stompbox world...and i really enjoy it.

The French connection

Quote from: therizky on September 03, 2008, 03:46:56 PM
hi...my name is rizky,...Rizky maulana...nice name eh!?...im new to these diy stompbox world...and i really enjoy it.

Welcome Rizky! :)
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

therizky

Rocket Roll

1,2,3, line check. Hey, it works  ;D
"Goin' down where Southern cross' the Dog"

EdJ

Done it years ago nut for the newbies Ed de Jager

Mango

Well, this is probably a good first post. Done it. I feel so reliefed.
Been doing this for about 3 weeks and have built four units, more or less working the way they ought to.
Like this forum very much and have found very useful information from here.
Cheers!
MXR Dist+, Alembic Stratoblaster, Fuzz Face, Big Muff

aChorusofJays

Hey Everybody,

My name is Eric, happy to be on the forum. I've been reading on and off for about 2 months now, working on finishing up my first project tomorrow!

I'm building the La Rata (Proco Rat Clone), and it's going well (with the help of a friend). I've been playing guitar for around 10 years, currently play in a Reggae-Rock band called North-Swell, and am very interested in unconventional guitar styles and effects.

Looking forward to new projects of yours and my own!

CandyStrat

Hey guys I'm Dean
A mate built me a pedal and told me about this place so here I am to learn

The French connection

Quote from: Mango on October 25, 2008, 06:22:01 AM
Well, this is probably a good first post. Done it. I feel so reliefed.
Been doing this for about 3 weeks and have built four units, more or less working the way they ought to.
Like this forum very much and have found very useful information from here.
Cheers!

Quote from: aChorusofJays on November 13, 2008, 04:14:45 PM
Hey Everybody,

My name is Eric, happy to be on the forum. I've been reading on and off for about 2 months now, working on finishing up my first project tomorrow!

I'm building the La Rata (Proco Rat Clone), and it's going well (with the help of a friend). I've been playing guitar for around 10 years, currently play in a Reggae-Rock band called North-Swell, and am very interested in unconventional guitar styles and effects.

Looking forward to new projects of yours and my own!

Quote from: CandyStrat on November 14, 2008, 04:14:06 AM
Hey guys I'm Dean
A mate built me a pedal and told me about this place so here I am to learn

Welcome guys! Hope you'll enjoy! Warning, it's pretty addictive!

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

bassmasta17

My name is mud.

just joking my name is funky phil.
i like primus as you can tell.
i play bass.
www.freekbass.com

AndrewH

Hey guys, kind of obvious, but my name is Andrew. I am from South Africa.
I am a student of electrical engineering at the university of the witwatersrand in Johnannesburg.

Um, I play guitar,  guitar synth and mess about with samples on my Korg Electribe.

ummm...nah that's about it.

niopren

Hi, 

my name is "Wladimiro" i come from Chile on South America.
:icon_biggrin:

jdub

Done.  Maybe this will actually motivate me to post more... :icon_redface:
A boy has never wept nor dashed a thousand kim

JKowalski

After a week or so on this forum, I noticed that everyone here seems to know each other and be on good terms with each other.

I feel like I should introduce myself!

My name is Chris. Not J. Kowalski! Everyone always asks if im polish. James Kowalski is the driver from the movie "Vanishing Point" which I highly suggest you see if you have not already! I'm 17.

I play guitar, bass, and drums, re-learning keyboard (forgot almost completely how to play after a couple years of lessons and a 5 year break!), learning violin, and dabble in all kinds of other instruments.

Decent experience in electronics, not content with simply pedal building but interested in learning the subject as a whole.

Also learning woodworking (built one guitar, one in the works and one planned and ready).

Love artwork - painting, scribbling, etching guitar pedals!

Great forum.

frank_p

Hi Chris !
You can post the pictures of your DIY guitars here:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=56877.280

Remco

Hi everyone!

First off... Thanks for posting such good stuff! I've built a couple of kits before but this forum encouraged me to step it up now :)

My name is Remco. Born in The Netherlands, Got married to an American, now living in Oakland CA.
Work as an Audio Engineer in San Francisco.

cheers!

MoltenVoltage

Hi all,

Karl Vivary here from Molten Voltage.  We are in central Oregon and got into the pedal business last August after spending a few years learning how to build.

We just joined this forum recently after Steve from Smallbear turned us on to it.  He posted information about a new chip of ours.

This forum is endlessly entertaining and I find myself laughing out loud just about every time I log in.  We like to mix things up, but you can be sure it's all in good fun!

Thanks for all the positive feedback and the criticism too!  Why test the water when you can jump right in!

MoltenVoltage.com for PedalSync audio control chips - make programmable and MIDI-controlled analog pedals!

gtudoran

Hello all,
I'm Gabriel Tudoran from Romania. I've discovered this forum with the help of a good friend. I do have a little name for my "brand" - Analog Sound ot calls (not a web site yet). I've done a lot of tube amps ... and now is time to make somme stomps :)
Best regards

Skruffyhound

What a heartwarming thread.
Perfect place for my inaugural post
Im in Denmark, but I'm english, so if I misspell something it's just because I'm a moron  :icon_wink:

What a great forum. I've only been building about 3 months but in that time I think I've read and soldered through 50% of the time I should have been eating or sleeping. My apartment is full of old VCR/amp pcb's, my desk is now a workshop and I'm installing a box oven and acid bath in a weatherproof cabinet on my balcony. Since I build theatre sets for a day job I'm pretty much building myself to death.
Wish I had found your DIY FAQ to begin with! Would have saved me a lot of time.

Since this forum has taken the unusual and refreshing step of becoming personal, I'd like to ask you all a personal question. What do you get out of this box building madness? Why do you do it? But perhaps that should be another thread.

Anyway, hello all.