Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uoki-Toki

rocklander

that really us oarsum!

have you actually cut the stompswitches or is that just photographic trickery?

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

vigilante397

Quote from: rocklander on February 10, 2015, 06:13:22 AM

Didn't notice that until I read your comment, but I think you're right, does look like they have been cut  :o
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bloxstompboxes

There appears to be something covering that part of the switch rather than it being cut. The jacks themselves are not really visible through it. It appears to be like the stuff they use to put in Commodore 64 power supplies. It was a liquid that then solidified. You tried to open up the power supply to work on it and there was a solid inpenetrable brick of gunk preventing your probing at the parts inside.

Then agan it might just be a piece of tape or something.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

vigilante397

Quote from: bloxstompboxes on February 10, 2015, 12:09:09 PM
There appears to be something covering that part of the switch rather than it being cut. The jacks themselves are not really visible through it. It appears to be like the stuff they use to put in Commodore 64 power supplies. It was a liquid that then solidified. You tried to open up the power supply to work on it and there was a solid inpenetrable brick of gunk preventing your probing at the parts inside.

Looked at it again (with the brightness turned up on my display) and I think you're right. Looks like electrical tape to me :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Luke51411

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 10, 2015, 12:19:21 PM
Quote from: bloxstompboxes on February 10, 2015, 12:09:09 PM

Looked at it again (with the brightness turned up on my display) and I think you're right. Looks like electrical tape to me :P
That would be a new high/low... break out the dremel to hack off part of the 3pdt to get it to fit in a 1590a... Great build by the way!!!

Ice-9

Yeah it is black sparky tape over the edge of the switches, well fitting that much in there needs some protection don't it :)
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Uoki-Toki

Quote from: rocklander on February 10, 2015, 06:13:22 AM
that really us oarsum!

no cut))  this electrical tape

pickdropper

Luke51411

I'm proud of this one! I still haven't build a 1590A with more than 1 pot  ;D 6 jacks i pretty good though. The circuit is a JMK paralyzer parallel effects loop. Some of the more talented builders would have found a way to put a stomp switch in there  ::)

vigilante397

Quote from: Luke51411 on February 11, 2015, 01:41:26 PM

You're mad :icon_eek:

Do you have a drill template? :P I need to make myself another A/B/Y looper and was thinking about putting it in a 1590A but figured there was no way to get 6 jacks in there!

EDIT: Right after I posted I realized that an A/B would probably work fine but an A/B/Y would need two footswitches, so there's not likely any way it will fit in a 1590A :icon_redface:
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

Luke51411

Haha drill template... I eyeballed, marked, and then measured to make sure it would work. I bet you could get two stomps in a 1590a, maybe the mini ones and put them at the edges. I didn't think I could get all 6 jacks in there, there could be more space with more precise measurement

rocklander

I reckon that with the skinny 3pdt either end and lumberg, you could fit 8Xjacms (4 top, 4 bottom) in between...
there's be not much meat on that wall of the 1590a, but it'd be doable

vigilante397

Quote from: Luke51411 on February 11, 2015, 04:55:52 PM
Haha drill template...

Just though I would ask :P I've never made one myself, but I used one someone else made for a recent 1590A build and it made a world of difference ;D
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

rocklander

prolly screwed my measurments up, but a quick mock up suggests that 8 wont fit on one side, but align them staggered (left to right) and they might.. here's the overlap (so imagine the bottom row is on the other side of the box)

amptramp

Quote from: rocklander on February 11, 2015, 07:04:29 PM
prolly screwed my measurments up, but a quick mock up suggests that 8 wont fit on one side, but align them staggered (left to right) and they might.. here's the overlap (so imagine the bottom row is on the other side of the box)

It looks like you could do a zig-zag on one side and the same on the opposite side so the jacks on both sides would interleave and there would be enough metal around each jack to avoid weakness or punch-through from an adjacent jack.

pickdropper

Wow, you guys are really pushing the space envelope.  I'll look forward to seeing how you jam all that in there.

Personally, I think I hit my max with 1590a builds a while back with a 3PDT footswitch, a 3PDT toggle, 6 pots, a DC jack, 2 enclosed 1/4" jacks and 3 LEDs.

I don't think I'm going to do another one of those.

vigilante397

So if I were to do the sends and receives on the bottom of one side, then put the input and output on the top of the other side, do you think I would have room for two 3PDTs? :P Then where would I put my LED's .....

I'm going to think about it and see what I can do. It may be a bit of a stretch, but I still feel like a 1590B is a little too big for just an A/B/Y.
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

Luke51411

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 12, 2015, 09:45:43 AM

So if I were to do the sends and receives on the bottom of one side, then put the input and output on the top of the other side, do you think I would have room for two 3PDTs? :P Then where would I put my LED's .....

I'm going to think about it and see what I can do. It may be a bit of a stretch, but I still feel like a 1590B is a little too big for just an A/B/Y.
If you needed to you could get creative with the dremel and grind out part of the screw mount hole at the top of the box ;D