Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pettol

bluebunny

+1   Yep, loving the shine.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

Quote from: noobamp on February 15, 2015, 11:17:19 AM
Quote from: duck_arse on February 15, 2015, 08:30:01 AM
Quote from: noobamp on February 14, 2015, 09:24:22 PM
All knobs to 10....Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face....

cloth! excellent. don't you hate doing the corners? do you size (stick it to paper) your cloth before the big glue?

thanks man!

I typically do cloth on metal and crimp the free cloth edges into the box, securing with the bottom plate. now that you mention it, paper may really be a good idea!  The corners are ok as long as you do the top first (glue top to cloth and wait till dry) then tug the cloth as tight as possible, glue on the sides, and then secure the free edges into the box with the lid.  also rolling the edges and corners on a hard clean surface as the glue is drying helps for developing the proper shape.

the paper really help with edges, and it takes the stress outta straining the sides. let me know if you want a few more secrets, nut hiding and plumping.

last time I did cloth, I made it up as I went along. I've got another cloth coming up soon, and I've fergotten wot I done last!
don't make me draw another line.

noobamp

Quote from: duck_arse on February 16, 2015, 08:37:22 AM
Quote from: noobamp on February 15, 2015, 11:17:19 AM
Quote from: duck_arse on February 15, 2015, 08:30:01 AM
Quote from: noobamp on February 14, 2015, 09:24:22 PM
All knobs to 10....Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face....

cloth! excellent. don't you hate doing the corners? do you size (stick it to paper) your cloth before the big glue?

thanks man!

I typically do cloth on metal and crimp the free cloth edges into the box, securing with the bottom plate. now that you mention it, paper may really be a good idea!  The corners are ok as long as you do the top first (glue top to cloth and wait till dry) then tug the cloth as tight as possible, glue on the sides, and then secure the free edges into the box with the lid.  also rolling the edges and corners on a hard clean surface as the glue is drying helps for developing the proper shape.

the paper really help with edges, and it takes the stress outta straining the sides. let me know if you want a few more secrets, nut hiding and plumping.

last time I did cloth, I made it up as I went along. I've got another cloth coming up soon, and I've fergotten wot I done last!

i'm always looking to get better! i'm looking forward to your next cloth cover. let me know of any golden nuggets you think of during the process.
nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

bloxstompboxes

Finally did it. A Black Cat OD-1 overdrive. My hats off to those of you build these regularly. They are a pain, lol. But I like em.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

noobamp

by the looks of that build. I think you'll be a convert before long.   :icon_biggrin:

287m

hello

just ask for where i can get 9mm pot, as cheap as possible. hehe
its hard to find in my country :( only 16mm pot here

thanks

bluebunny

Where is "my country"?  Or just take a look at Tayda.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

seeing as mine aren't 1590a's (although their dimensions are based on the 1590a), I'm not allowed to show them, so I'll show the jig I made to wire them instead. is is just a bit of aluminium, with a tag bent and drilled for a footswitch, but it allows much greater access. the tag is screwed to a supporting block of wood, as shown, with the channel making it just the right height, as well as adding stability.

the side panel is drilled for 4 jax, the idea being that you can swing the first wired up or down, whichever is more out of the way, whilst you wire the second. I've shown pcb jax, but box or open jax will all work the same. just make sure yr holes are the right size.

287m

Quote from: bluebunny on February 25, 2015, 03:10:51 PM
Where is "my country"?  Or just take a look at Tayda.

Hello Mr BlueBunny
I'm from Indonesia Sir. most local store just stocked 16mm. only friendly with 1590B and above

in Tayda, just stocked like . its safe to cut the two leg?

i just want like or

sorry for my poor english. thanks for reply

@duck_arse

nice jig bending.

why not open new tutz thread like http://www.homediystuff.com/making-diy-acrylic-sheet-metal-bender/ or http://runawaybrainz.blogspot.com/2011/11/diy-how-to-bend-aluminium-easy-way-with.html?

KNA

its safe to cut the two leg?

Yes, no problems!
Trophies, swedish hardcore at its best: http://trophies.bandcamp.com/

pickdropper

Quote from: KNA on February 26, 2015, 12:41:43 PM
its safe to cut the two leg?

Yes, no problems!

+1.  I just bend them back with pliers and snap them off.

287m

duck_arse

287m - hello from down south. I do have a bending thread hereabouts, how to bend yr own boxes. worth a read if you have a couple of hours to spare.

notice the little square pip on that first pot, just near the washer, that is the anti-rotation lug. you drill an extra small hole (in yr panel, which is a good reason to use sub-panels), the pip sits in, and the pot never twists in its hole, even with a loose nut.

the pip will be proud enough that it will foul your panel, otherwise it would be pointless, but most people here get some pliers and cut it or wiggle it back and forth till it snaps off. honestly, those people don't know what they are missing.

287m

Quote from: duck_arse on February 27, 2015, 10:00:20 AM
287m - hello from down south. I do have a bending thread hereabouts, how to bend yr own boxes. worth a read if you have a couple of hours to spare.

notice the little square pip on that first pot, just near the washer, that is the anti-rotation lug. you drill an extra small hole (in yr panel, which is a good reason to use sub-panels), the pip sits in, and the pot never twists in its hole, even with a loose nut.

the pip will be proud enough that it will foul your panel, otherwise it would be pointless, but most people here get some pliers and cut it or wiggle it back and forth till it snaps off. honestly, those people don't know what they are missing.

many thanks for the advice Sir

noobamp

Dan Armstrong orange squeezer.....and the brambles within....I hate the wiring process.....it blows my mind how some of you guys make it look effortless

Caboverde

I've been a longtime lurker (specifically this thread), and after much inspiration by Mr.Pickdropper and others here, I've finally decided to take the plunge with my own project. I'm working on a Greedtone overdrive with some added mods (3-way treble cut and bass boost). I've still got a long ways to go including drilling and fitting all the puzzle pieces inside the enclosure, but to say that I'm excited is a huge understatement  ;)  

My first vero attempt didn't go so well, so I made another which came out much better after taking my time with it:

Everything seems to just barely fit, but I have to use two SMD capacitors (in between the switches and pots).

noobamp

welcome to the club! don't give up.....one way or another those components will fit.  be careful about pesky shorts....especially when that lid gets screwed on. tape every surface you think may be suspect....

rocklander

to help in the "short" battle, I like to stick plastic insulation cut from overhead projector sheets... :icon_idea:

noobamp

i will take that idea and claim it as my own!  :D  that's really smart....i have been using scotch tape like a putz