Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amptramp

If you number 1 to 4 from left to right, one side should be upper 1, lower 2, upper 3, lower 4 or you will never get the plugs (which are often larger than the jacks) to fit side-by-side.  If you turn to the opposite side, you can get the same sequence, but 1 to 4 becomes 4 to 1 because of the rotation and you then get to interleave the jacks from one side and the other.

vigilante397

Quote from: amptramp on February 12, 2015, 10:32:34 AM
If you number 1 to 4 from left to right, one side should be upper 1, lower 2, upper 3, lower 4 or you will never get the plugs (which are often larger than the jacks) to fit side-by-side.  If you turn to the opposite side, you can get the same sequence, but 1 to 4 becomes 4 to 1 because of the rotation and you then get to interleave the jacks from one side and the other.

Ah, I see what you mean. I shall have to see how things fit.

Quote from: Luke51411 on February 12, 2015, 10:24:53 AM
If you needed to you could get creative with the dremel and grind out part of the screw mount hole at the top of the box ;D

I have done that before for a 1590A build, so I'm definitely not opposed to the idea ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

rocklander

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 12, 2015, 09:45:43 AM
Quote from: rocklander on February 11, 2015, 07:04:29 PM

So if I were to do the sends and receives on the bottom of one side, then put the input and output on the top of the other side, do you think I would have room for two 3PDTs? :P Then where would I put my LED's .....

I'm going to think about it and see what I can do. It may be a bit of a stretch, but I still feel like a 1590B is a little too big for just an A/B/Y.
I guess I didn't articulate myself well..  this picture is supposed to represent a side (not top/bottom). stick one row of 4 on one side (nearer the top) and one row of 4 on the other side (nearer the bottom).. I didn't have a size apt cross section picture of the 3pdt, so the stomp switches shown here are from the top (but should be still the same size)..   from this angle they should be side on...   I can't see there'd be any room for a DC supply though so no chance of any indicator LED

Luke51411

Are the two single ones on the edges jacks? You could install a mini dc jack and fold the pins flat similar to how I did it maybe  :icon_twisted: wait... are there two stomp switches? Maybe not then unless there is room underneath. It might even fit on the long wall where the jacks are facing the other way. Wait... why do we want 8 jacks in a 1590A? I lost track of what we were trying to accomplish. Edit: I just realized the two side circles are supposed to represent the stomp switches on top of the box. If you were determined to, you could get a dc jack in there with LEDs. I'm not sure where the wires would have room to run  :o haha Someone has to build this now. I call not it.

rocklander

Quote from: Luke51411 on February 12, 2015, 02:15:48 PM
Are the two single ones on the edges jacks? You could install a mini dc jack and fold the pins flat similar to how I did it maybe  :icon_twisted: wait... are there two stomp switches? Maybe not then unless there is room underneath.
yep, like I said.. they're 3pdt.. stomp switches.. I just didn't have a cross section picture to paste in there, so the pic is a top of a switch. they're only there to indicate the room taken up by the stompswitch which would (obviously) be on top.. couldn't realistically have DC or audio i/o on top too on the 1590a cos you'd end up standing on the 6.5mm jacks instead of the switches.

Luke51411

I realized I didn't post the test fit pic

I think you could fit a dc jack behind one of the switches on the opposite wall.

vigilante397

That settles it. I'm totally going to try it. My new A/B/Y looper will be in a 1590A. 6 jacks, 2 3PDTs, a power jack, and 2 LEDs (one of them bi-color).

THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Luke51411

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 12, 2015, 11:44:49 PM
That settles it. I'm totally going to try it. My new A/B/Y looper will be in a 1590A. 6 jacks, 2 3PDTs, a power jack, and 2 LEDs (one of them bi-color).

THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN.
You got this. Can't wait to see it!

bluebunny

Quote from: Luke51411 on February 12, 2015, 02:22:45 PM

Very neat.

I think you could fit a dc jack behind one of the switches on the opposite wall.

I think pickdropper could fit under-floor heating and a WiFi router in there.   :D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

Quote from: Luke51411 on February 12, 2015, 02:22:45 PM
I realized I didn't post the test fit pic

isn't this pic the answer? if the jax will fit between the top panel and the bottom panel, turn the box on its side, and you don't need to chop the pillars. footswitches on (what is now) the top, lick 'a paint, make good, and there's yer burst box surprise looper.
don't make me draw another line.

Luke51411

Quote from: duck_arse on February 13, 2015, 08:48:54 AM
isn't this pic the answer? if the jax will fit between the top panel and the bottom panel, turn the box on its side, and you don't need to chop the pillars. footswitches on (what is now) the top, lick 'a paint, make good, and there's yer burst box surprise looper.
New and improved!!! Less box MORE BURST!!!

vigilante397

Quote from: bluebunny on February 13, 2015, 03:21:21 AM
I think pickdropper could fit under-floor heating and a WiFi router in there.   :D

And he would still have room for a low wattage tube amp just for practicing :P
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

Luke51411

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 13, 2015, 10:32:38 AM
Quote from: bluebunny on February 13, 2015, 03:21:21 AM

And he would still have room for a low wattage tube amp just for practicing :P
Pickdropper is like Chuck Norris. He doesn't do offboard wiring he just looks at the board and it wires itself.

Uoki-Toki

True bypass looper + Feedback looper + Sag power + Booster

noobamp

All knobs to 10....Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face....

Not sure why they are loading in the wrong orientation....

nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

duck_arse

Quote from: noobamp on February 14, 2015, 09:24:22 PM

cloth! excellent. don't you hate doing the corners? do you size (stick it to paper) your cloth before the big glue?
don't make me draw another line.

noobamp

Quote from: duck_arse on February 15, 2015, 08:30:01 AM
Quote from: noobamp on February 14, 2015, 09:24:22 PM

cloth! excellent. don't you hate doing the corners? do you size (stick it to paper) your cloth before the big glue?

thanks man!

I typically do cloth on metal and crimp the free cloth edges into the box, securing with the bottom plate. now that you mention it, paper may really be a good idea!  The corners are ok as long as you do the top first (glue top to cloth and wait till dry) then tug the cloth as tight as possible, glue on the sides, and then secure the free edges into the box with the lid.  also rolling the edges and corners on a hard clean surface as the glue is drying helps for developing the proper shape.
nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

pickdropper

Perrow

Quote from: pickdropper on February 15, 2015, 05:12:01 PM
I love the look of polished builds, although I dislike the process.

I know what you mean. I will do more polished builds, but not many.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)