Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Lyman

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on October 26, 2015, 08:08:43 PM
Both circuits are pretty simple. But I'm not sure if the Folk Driver is TS(ish). Actually it's been a long time since I played something TS(ish) :icon_lol:.

For the etching, see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cg4UoS6ecY
Haha! I just call all "light OD's" "TSish" lol.
Basically, I just like something with a big volume boost and a little grit
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

Marcos - Munky

Well, I didn't checked how big is the volume boost, but this one is surely a light OD! Here's a demo video (not mine, but mine sounds like this one): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVqMP3uc7n4

Marcos - Munky

Little Angel Chorus, with blinking led. Artwork by my brother. Unfortunately the tone transfer wasn't great, the printer store changed the paper brand they used to sell and the toner wasn't great too. But I count it as one more experience on learning how to etch enclosures.

jimilee

The new
Madbean cave dweller delay
Phase 90 phaser

rumbletone

Here's a one knob fuzz but with no knob - just 2 fixed resistors in place of the level control, and I added toggles for positive feedback loop and LED clipping: 

pickdropper

There have been some really nice 1590a builds lately.  This is my latest build; a Buzzaround.

pickdropper

Additionally, on my last build, folks were curious what it looked like under the board (which basically covers the guts).

Here is the build with the switch, LED, DC and output jacks in place:

You'll see a scratched area in the box where I chiseled away the Hammond logo.  That can get in the way of the pots and prevent them from mounting flush, so I got rid of it.

Here is the build with the pots added.  This is the last step before the board gets wired in.  Sometimes, I wire the pots to the board first, but in this case I didn't.

Marcos - Munky

This is a Madbean's Cave Dweller delay. The enclosure etching went bad, so I covered it with a etched sheet of inox. Artwork by my brother. This one have a white led and no knobs (put pots too close from each other).

mfunky

Zendrive-clones have become my favorite drives - cant help it, simply love the compressed, smooth, pick-sensitive sound that works on almost any (tube) amp. So I thought, it would be nice to always have one in my guitar bag. I am a big fan of battery powered pedals (not complicated to set up for some quick jam, works as a backup, when the power supply fails or gets lost). So, the challenge was to get four pots, jacks, power jack, stomp, LED, perfboard etc in a 1590a. It works, as I came up with a design that has all the flat components where the power jack is. I ordered a custom made printed circuit board though, as the perf version is somehow not reliable (some occasional short somewhere, although the battery is covered with electric tape  ;)...). The layout is etched with NaOH and came out really nice. Still missing knobs, max 12 mm diameter, any recommendations?

stallik

Really nice ZenDrive. You could carve a notch at the top edge of each shaft, colour it in and do away with the knobs altogether....
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

stevie1556

Not the greatest wiring inside these pedals. Hog Roast is a boost, I originally had one with a MB board inside, it got nicked by a mate so I redid it in SMD. The Screaming Bambino is one I've wanted to do for a long time, basically a TS with a different clipping configuration and the input and output buffers removed.

Both pedals are powder coated (the lime green has sparkle in it which looks great but doesn't come out good in pictures) and laser etched.

bloxstompboxes

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

Groovenut

Not nearly as packed as Mfunky's Zen, but fun nontheless

My interpretation of the much loved Cornish buffer, the LPD Maize-ish buffer. At 650uA draw the battery should last a few years  :icon_biggrin:

You've got to love obsolete technology.....

mfunky

Quote from: Groovenut on November 19, 2015, 01:06:37 AM
Not nearly as packed as Mfunky's Zen, but fun nontheless

My interpretation of the much loved Cornish buffer, the LPD Maize-ish buffer. At 650uA draw the battery should last a few years  :icon_biggrin:

Vertical battery and PCB, side mounted DC Jack... Love it. Don't you usually use square DC jacks?

bluebunny

Yep, looks corn-ish to me.   ;D    Nice one, Lawrence.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

bluebunny

Quote from: mfunky on November 19, 2015, 01:56:30 AM
Vertical battery and PCB, side mounted DC Jack... Love it.

Indeed.  It's a-maize-ing.   :icon_biggrin:                             Getting coat...
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Groovenut

Quote from: mfunky on November 19, 2015, 01:56:30 AM
Vertical battery and PCB, side mounted DC Jack... Love it. Don't you usually use square DC jacks?
I do usually use square DC jacks, but they need to be pcb mounted and then the pcb needs a VERY sturdy mounting to the enclosure to avoid damage. This one didn't have any means of mounting the pcb in a very sturdy way, so I went with the trusty through hole DC jack. Thanks!!

mfunky

How do you make the square holes? By hand? Or do you get that done somewhere?

Groovenut

Benoi31

Guys your build are just incredible!
Here is my first 1590A one, just to lower a bit the level of this thread  :icon_mrgreen:

It is a simple LPB1 boost with a "homemade" (well "homedesigned" would be better, Osh Park made) PCB.
I am not really mastering the art of 1590A builds yet!