Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cozybuilder

Theres a lot to be said for simple elegance. Very nice job, its something to be proud of.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

pickdropper

Quote from: Cozybuilder on November 23, 2015, 10:31:26 AM
Theres a lot to be said for simple elegance. Very nice job, its something to be proud of.

I agree.  I think it looks great.

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: Benoi31 on November 23, 2015, 10:28:33 AM
Guys your build are just incredible!
Here is my first 1590A one, just to lower a bit the level of this thread  :icon_mrgreen:

It is a simple LPB1 boost with a "homemade" (well "homedesigned" would be better, Osh Park made) PCB.
I am not really mastering the art of 1590A builds yet!

I really liked this one!

Quarterflip

bluebunny

Quote from: Benoi31 on November 23, 2015, 10:28:33 AM

Very neat.  And those wide-open spaces!   :icon_eek:   You could park a bus in there...   :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Groovenut

You've got to love obsolete technology.....

mfunky

Groovenut

peterg

Lawrence - very nice! How do you do your graphics?

Groovenut

Quote from: peterg on December 02, 2015, 05:07:00 PM
Lawrence - very nice! How do you do your graphics?
For the polished aluminum pedals, I acid etch. For the powder coated pedals I do waterslide decals.

287m

hello Groovenut
can you explain the easiest way to drill square hole?
thanks

Groovenut

Quote from: 287m on December 02, 2015, 11:00:21 PM
hello Groovenut
thanks
The easiest way is to have a machine shop use a CNC machine to do so. However, the pedals I build I make by hand and as such I drill the largest possible hole to remain less than the dimensions of the DC jack. I then use a square file to make the square hole to the size of the DC jack. With a bit of practice, I have become quite fast at doing them.

Some time ago I contacted a few machine shops about building a broaching tool to make it easier but they were unable to make the tool I had designed. I need to search out a few more shops I think.

davent

Quote from: Groovenut on December 02, 2015, 11:37:24 PM
Quote from: 287m on December 02, 2015, 11:00:21 PM
hello Groovenut
thanks
The easiest way is to have a machine shop use a CNC machine to do so. However, the pedals I build I make by hand and as such I drill the largest possible hole to remain less than the dimensions of the DC jack. I then use a square file to make the square hole to the size of the DC jack. With a bit of practice, I have become quite fast at doing them.

Some time ago I contacted a few machine shops about building a broaching tool to make it easier but they were unable to make the tool I had designed. I need to search out a few more shops I think.

Everyone needs one of these.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Groovenut

I have seen those prior, great tool.

However, I dont think they make one that does rectangular holes  ;D

Groovenut

Here's another I finished this morning

LPD DTK Drive overdrive booster

davent

Another beauty!

Now it's one thing to file a squared hole... but to to get it laid out so precisely to accommodate the board mounted jack and everything else is, i think, the greater feat. Nicely, nicely done, looks perfect!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Hatredman

Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

Groovenut

Thank you gentlemen for the kind words   :)

I have found there is a kind of pedal building Murphy's Law that states,

The more perfectly ideal the exterior of the pedal, the higher the chances you will completely @#$% it up in assembly  ;D

I cannot overstate how paranoid i was during the assembly phase of this pedal

I am very happy it's complete and the pics are taken. From here on out for this pedal, it's all character building injuries  :icon_mrgreen:

Groovenut

Not to bombard with my builds but here's another. Simple but I like it  :D

LPD Shiboru Compressor based on Merlin's Engineers Thumb. I altered a few values. I always wanted more makeup gain so I changed that and shortened the release time to make it sound more natural to my ears. Great compressor design!