Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Hey!  Stop already!  These are just too relentlessly good.   :D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Groovenut

You've got to love obsolete technology.....

Groovenut

Latest build, trying out some new knobs. These are 5/8" diameter, slightly smaller than the 3/4" I usually use.

LPD CJOD (Clay Jones Over Drive)

Plus a quick demo vid

pickdropper

I think those knobs look MUCH better on that size build.  The proportions look good.

Very nice build.

Groovenut

Quote from: pickdropper on December 16, 2015, 01:12:07 PM
I think those knobs look MUCH better on that size build.  The proportions look good.

Very nice build.
Thank you!
I agree though I'm still on the fence about the tone knob being the same size as the other two.

The other thing about these particular knobs is the set screw is very close to the bottom edge and without spacers on the pots, leave the knob high off the surface.

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

davent

To fill the gap when using Davies 1500 which sit too high as well, i used 7/16" fiber washer. Needed to file  the hole bigger to fit over the pot nut but does hide the gap.

Think they'd take paint fine if you need to match to the knob or enclosure.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Groovenut

stallik

Great idea Dave. Try O rings if you want to increase the friction and prevent the knobs turning accidentally.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

duck_arse

felt I'd add: "I add felt". to the knob bottoms, often in contrast colour.
don't make me draw another line.

davent

Quote from: duck_arse on December 17, 2015, 09:50:08 AM

That's what i'd done in the past but couldn't find the sheet of felt, searched around for another solution and found the washers would work with a bit of adaptation.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

pickdropper

I usually file down the pots if I want the knobs to mount lower.  This only works if the set screw is high enough, which doesn't sound like the case here.

amptramp

Quote from: davent on December 17, 2015, 02:43:39 PM
Quote from: duck_arse on December 17, 2015, 09:50:08 AM

That's what i'd done in the past but couldn't find the sheet of felt, searched around for another solution and found the washers would work with a bit of adaptation.

You can get felt circles with adhesive backing that are used as feet for furniture and smaller items like jewel boxes.

Groovenut

Usually I machine a small amount from the inside of the hole so they slip nicely over the retaining nut, but these new pots have a the set screw very close to the bottom of the knob and wont allow this.

MarcoB

Hi! This is my first post and this is my 1590A...

My first pedal effect.
My first PCB.
My first decal.
My first!

Is a simple SHO but something had to start!

bloxstompboxes

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

Cozybuilder

Tidy, well thought out, great job. Welcome aboard.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

vigilante397

Quote from: bloxstompboxes on December 23, 2015, 02:13:07 PM
Good sho and good job!

Reading that made me want to say "Jolly good SHO." I can't find anyone at home that thinks I'm as hilarious as I think I am. :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com