Show me your 1590A enclosures/pedals...

Started by andrew_k, January 29, 2008, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

This is an afterlife compressor from Madbean. A very nice sounding optical compressor and a pretty easy squeeze into a 1590a thanks to Brian's great baby boards and low profile jacks!

mfunky

I dig it. Even more, as it lies on an amp that goes to 12!!!!

Cozybuilder

Luke- Nice n tidy.

You might consider using 2-conductor 9V jacks like these for boxes without batteries:

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Luke51411

Quote from: Cozybuilder on September 11, 2015, 10:12:40 AM
Luke- Nice n tidy.

You might consider using 2-conductor 9V jacks like these for boxes without batteries:

I love those things. I have a bunch of the standard jacks though so I use those where space permits. I probably could have used it without the white washer but the contacts were just a little close to the pcb for my comfort. I thought about heatshrinking but that seemed like a pain.
This compliment means a lot coming from one of the masters of the small box build!

Marcos - Munky

This is a Les Lius I finished yesterday, with hard-wired boost switch. When I was trying to etch my Magnavibe enclosure, I got it on the 3rd attempt. This is one of the first two, I painted it white and made a inox plate to cover the bad etching. Also, I etched the words Drive, Vol and Clip on the plate, vut Gain and Vol went misplaced and part-covered by the knobs. I will do another one someday.

lars-musik

Hello fellows,

here's my untidy but working "Madring". It is Madbean's Moodring reverb squeezed into a somewhat lengthened 1590a. I trimmed the first Belton Brick with my angle sander carefully to make it fit crossways into the enclosure, but – no wonder it just stopped working afterwards. So I 3D printed these two (oh my) huge red spacers to let the replacement brick stay in its original shape and ended up with an odd looking, very tall 1590a. So it will go second row on my pedal board.

This is my first double sided board that I had fabbed and it has some rookie mistakes (some  holes very small, unfortunately one connection missed) as you can see in the added cables.

However, all in all I am quite happy and still on course towards an all 1590a small pedalboard.

jimilee

Luke51411

Nice phaser Jimi! Love me some phase.
Lars, sweet reverb, love it!

pickdropper

Quote from: Cozybuilder on September 11, 2015, 10:12:40 AM
Luke- Nice n tidy.

These are indeed wonderful for 1590a builder. I did have issues with the Small Bear version.  The threading is different and very prone to cross-threading.  I also had a couple of the pins pull out.  The Lumberg ones have help up much better.

Luke51411

I get those from BLMS and I've probably used a dozen or so without issue.

midwayfair

Quote from: lars-musik on September 19, 2015, 04:46:10 PM
Hello fellows,

here's my untidy but working "Madring". It is Madbean's Moodring reverb squeezed into a somewhat lengthened 1590a.

I ... what ... fuuuuuuuuuuu
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

stevie1556

I know it's not a 1590A build, but it's the smallest I've ever done!

This is a Klon buffer, also got a Cornish buffer in one of these. The boards are stuck down the the jacks with those double sided foam tabs.

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

Quote from: stevie1556 on September 20, 2015, 05:37:20 AM

This is a Klon buffer, also got a Cornish buffer in one of these. The boards are stuck down the the jacks with those double sided foam tabs.

I second what midway said.

Quote from: jimilee on September 19, 2015, 09:29:58 PM

Phase 90 with a script switch

how hard do you have to hit this to ring the bell?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Cozybuilder

Stevie- Nice squeezing!

Now, how to do one with a pot or 2? (Gotta have a keychain sized fuzz face or RM or?)

jimilee

Quote from: duck_arse on September 20, 2015, 11:14:26 AM
Quote from: stevie1556 on September 20, 2015, 05:37:20 AM

I second what midway said.

Quote from: jimilee on September 19, 2015, 09:29:58 PM

Phase 90 with a script switch

how hard do you have to hit this to ring the bell?
Takes a bass player to do it

stevie1556

Cheers.

Cozybuilder - you can definitely get 1 9mm pot in there in its current configuration, I'm in the process of building a always on booster in one. If you use those mini jacks (Lumburg ones I think they are called),I reckon you could just about squeeze 2 9mm pots, and a micro toggle switch to switch it on and off.

Cozybuilder

What do you think- a candidate for a salvaged/repurposed build? Guess I'm going to crack it open and see.   :icon_mrgreen:

bloxstompboxes

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

apollomusicservice

Quote from: Cozybuilder on September 20, 2015, 02:31:33 PM
What do you think- a candidate for a salvaged/repurposed build? Guess I'm going to crack it open and see.   :icon_mrgreen:

Is this kind of coaxial relay?