"Little Angel" - Super Simple PT2399 Mini Chorus

Started by frequencycentral, August 09, 2010, 08:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frequencycentral

Quote from: clamup1 on September 13, 2010, 04:28:23 PM
does the board have to be grounded to the encloser and do the jacks have to be grounded to each other.

Yes!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

BoxOfSnoo

My Dropbox referral link - bonus 250MB of space for both of us if you use it

clamup1

i had really cool star trek sound effects then it quit. i dont think i have this thing wired right. i have it wired like this

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=970.0
no led 

clamup1

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

YouAre

Did anyone uh....replace the 100r resistor at pin 6 (or whichever is the delay time pin, totally forgot) with an LDR that's controlled by the same LFO or another lfo? Cause that could make for a pretty sweet flanger.....right?

frequencycentral

Quote from: YouAre on September 22, 2010, 01:01:53 PM
Did anyone uh....replace the 100r resistor at pin 6 (or whichever is the delay time pin, totally forgot) with an LDR that's controlled by the same LFO or another lfo? Cause that could make for a pretty sweet flanger.....right?

Replacing the 100R with a LDR would increase the delay time of the PT2399 to such an extent that it would no longer be a chorus, but a delay with modulation (not a flanger). The whole concept of Little Angel was to keep the delay time to a minimum by using that 100R resistor and modulation pin 2 instead of pin 6.

YouAre

Quote from: frequencycentral on September 22, 2010, 02:39:12 PM
Quote from: YouAre on September 22, 2010, 01:01:53 PM

Replacing the 100R with a LDR would increase the delay time of the PT2399 to such an extent that it would no longer be a chorus, but a delay with modulation (not a flanger). The whole concept of Little Angel was to keep the delay time to a minimum by using that 100R resistor and modulation pin 2 instead of pin 6.

I only suggested this for 2 reasons. First being that I'm remembering back to the echo base/other delays with modulation, that modulation is achieved by "wiggling" the delay time pot. Secondly, I just built a small clone, and i noticed that when I played around with the delay time, I either got modulation or flanging (depending on the timing cap). I also noticed that some chorus pedals out there have a "delay time" pot, I figured it might be an interesting addition.

blooze_man

I built this yesterday (pictures in the "pictures" forum). It really sounds nice and the PCB layout is good.
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

daniel_venticinco

Olá para todos , meu nome é daniel, sou brasilieiro .

Acabo de montar o little angel chorus, fiquei surpreso com o resultado, fantastico, achei muito bom.
A unica mudança que fiz foi usar os pots de 100K, o restante dos componentes são o mesmo do esquema original.
Me perdoem por não escrever em inglês  pois não domino o idioma, e  não sou favoravel a o uso de tradutores.
Agora posso tocar Nirvana... rsrsrs....

Abraços a todos e muito obrigado ao pessoal do forum que me abriu uma porta para um pedal complicado de se montar.
Abraços e Felicidades..
Daniel Venticinco ;D

~arph

frequencycentral

^^^

I think he likes it! He used 100k for both pots. Now he can sound like Nirvana.....obrigado!! ;D

~arph

Yes that was the same impression I had.. Though I don't typically associate Nirvana with chorus..  ;D

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

markeebee

Slade

Quote from: daniel_venticinco on September 29, 2010, 11:50:01 PM
Olá para todos , meu nome é daniel, sou brasilieiro .

Acabo de montar o little angel chorus, fiquei surpreso com o resultado, fantastico, achei muito bom.
A unica mudança que fiz foi usar os pots de 100K, o restante dos componentes são o mesmo do esquema original.
Me perdoem por não escrever em inglês  pois não domino o idioma, e  não sou favoravel a o uso de tradutores.
Agora posso tocar Nirvana... rsrsrs....

Abraços a todos e muito obrigado ao pessoal do forum que me abriu uma porta para um pedal complicado de se montar.
Abraços e Felicidades..
Daniel Venticinco ;D

Hi, everyone, my name is Daniel, I'm brazillian.

I just mounted the Little Angel Chorus, I'm surprised about the result, fantastic, I found it's very good.
The only change I made was to use 100k pots, the rest of components are the same as in the original schem.
Sorry for not write in english but I don't dominate the idiom and I don't like using translators.
Now I can play Nirvana... rsrsrs...

Cheers to everyone and many thanks to the forum staff who has opened me a door to a pedal that was complicated to build.
Hugs and congratulations!
Daniel Venticinco ;D

;D

~arph

Pigyboy

And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

boog

built it, loved it, but tweeked it: was experimenting with different value pots off of pin 6 to go from chorus to delay and, ummm, hooked up a 24v adaptor instead of the usual.  :icon_redface: poof! so a quick check of everything tells me that the only components i used not rated for that much were the two 10uf in the LFO & the NE5532.  I can't find anything on the 2399. did i nuke that as well? i built this on perfboard and i'd like to think i don't have to redo all that. i replaced the 5532 and it passed signal again, but there's a loud buzz.  i only have one more 2399 so i don't wanna swap that in if there's something else wrong.

Earthscum

pop out the PT chip and turn the unit on and make sure you are still getting 5V on your regulator. I believe the lower rated regs can only tolerate 15V (don't quote me on that). Your regulator may have saved the PT, dunno... I'd assume I blew the PT if the reg works.
Give a man Fuzz, and he'll jam for a day... teach a man how to make a Fuzz and he'll never jam again!

http://www.facebook.com/Earthscum