Turkey Day SHOOTOUT Competition

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, September 15, 2012, 02:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Ronan on November 05, 2012, 04:50:01 AM
I've been steadily working on Plan B, and I don't want you guys to think I'm loafing, so here's a pic of some progress.

My.. my Ian. What BIG caps you have!  :icon_lol:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

oldschoolanalog

@ Ian: Is that perf or vero?
Either way, an unexpected turn from the PCB you posted earlier.
Very cool  :icon_cool:
Now comes the "fun" part. Boxing up and finishing.
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

garcho

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Jdansti

I think Ian's just going through a phase. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Vallhagen

Drilling done... spray paint is drying as i type... I will make it in time:)

How do you guys make an acceptable video recording?

I have a full DAW (based around Sonar X1 software) studio here, so sound clips is no problem at all; also I have a Sony Cybershot camera, which should be good enuff to capture the visual part, but the built-in mic cant do justice to anything. So... i should be able to record the audio in Sonar, capture the video with the camera... and then edit the parts together, right? Just that i never have done it. Maybe there are threads on the subject around here?

Cheers

Jdansti

I often use Windows MovieMaker. There are other free video editing programs out there. I think that some DAWs can handle video too.
  • SUPPORTER

Ronan

Quote from: Jdansti on November 05, 2012, 10:43:46 AM

Are you phsychic John? ;)

Dave, this one is vero. I didn't breadboard it, and am very keen to hear the result.

Bengt, for info, Rule 9:

"9)   Entries WILL provide evidence of a WORKING pedal! Pictures and gut shots are MANDATORY! Must include a video of the pedal in action. Video submissions must show clean guitar through amp, followed by ONLY the built pedal (with NO delay, reverb, etc.) then followed by the built pedal with ANY other effect to make your build unique. We will be judging heavily on the finished product!!!"

I don't have any video clip facilities so was going to ask a friend around to do a video clip with his camera phone. Then, to give a better idea of the sound, I was going to do some mp3 recordings through the PC.

Jdansti

Quote from: Ronan on November 05, 2012, 08:37:49 PM
Quote from: Jdansti on November 05, 2012, 10:43:46 AM

Are you phsychic John? ;)

My wife says I'm a psycho, so I must be... ::)
  • SUPPORTER

garcho

I think most people here know that to give a piece of audio equipment a rigorous judgment requires being there in person to hear it and use it, and that digital communication logistics are extremely limiting. Considering a lot guitar players never even bother to stick their head in front of their amp's speaker to get an idea of what everyone else in the room is hearing (ever seen a guitar player with knee-ears?), I personally think camera phones and mp3s should be fine.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Vallhagen

Thanx for replies. I will look up moviemaker. If not, it sounds like a good idea to just do a few seconds of "evidence video" with a cellphone cam, and add "knee-ear quality;)" soundclips besides that.

Cheers. 

Jdansti

I use the video editor mainly to reduce the size of the video down to something I can present. I tend ramble when I talk and I don't talk very fast, so I cut out a lot of unimportant junk.  Otherwise, my own mother wouldn't watch it all the way through. ;)

It's not easy to be professional a movie star like Jimi!   ::)
  • SUPPORTER

haveyouseenhim

I tend to sound like I'm still going through puberty. :icon_lol:   I just recorded video and had a mic'd cab. I did that with the intent of patching the audio onto the video but I ended up just using it as my sound sample.

@ John    But I like hearing about angry toilet gods :D
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

deadastronaut

there should be a  'red carpet' prize?..

best video

best actor

best newcomer

best soundtrack...

best pet in the background

best fake emotion

best long winded bs speech ;D

@mike: yes you do... ;D ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: deadastronaut on November 06, 2012, 03:29:48 AM

Blow it out your a$$. ;D

Maybe a prize for most transformed enclosure.
  • SUPPORTER

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Jdansti

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on November 06, 2012, 03:39:04 AM

Blow it out your a$$. ;D

Maybe a prize for the best insult???
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on November 06, 2012, 03:23:04 AM
I tend to sound like I'm still going through puberty. :icon_lol:   I just recorded video and had a mic'd cab. I did that with the intent of patching the audio onto the video but I ended up just using it as my sound sample.

@ John    But I like hearing about angry toilet gods :D

Yep.  People often don't like the way they look or sound on video or tape, but they're usually being overly critical of themselves. My mom told me that my dad had some small reel to reel audio tape of him and me talking when I was a toddler in the 60's (no video tape back then), but he erased them many years ago because be was embarrassed by the way he sounded, or at least the way he perceived the way he sounded.

We notice things about ourselves that other people don't see or hear.  As with a lot of situations I just ask myself, what would be the worst case outcome?  If i look like a buffoon, are the 26,791 forum members going to show up at my door with pitch forks and torches, drag me out of my house and lynch me?  Probably not. Most likely they'd just show up with pitch forks and torches, and call me bad names.
  • SUPPORTER

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: Jdansti on November 06, 2012, 03:46:39 AM
Quote from: haveyouseenhim on November 06, 2012, 03:39:04 AM

Blow it out your a$$. ;D

Maybe a prize for the best insult???

Hahaha   you get what were talking about right?    Rob and I have special tummys
  • SUPPORTER

Jdansti

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about and if it involves your "special tummys", I don't think I want to know.  :icon_neutral:
  • SUPPORTER

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: Jdansti on November 06, 2012, 03:58:37 AM
I have no idea what the hell you're talking about and if it involves your "special tummys", I don't think I want to know.  :icon_neutral:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: We have crohn's disease.
  • SUPPORTER