News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomeeque

Hi!

Order switch (Juggler) for my pedalboard :) T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

bean

Thomeeque

Thank you, guys :) I'll post updated pedalboard pic to PB thread when it's installed.. T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

caress

nandofx

Another pedal for my friend João Mendes. Bass player and producer.

Etched enclosure, painted with matte finish
www.nandofx.webs.com
www.facebook.com/nandofx

studiostud

Quote from: nandofx on February 03, 2011, 06:32:18 AM
Another pedal for my friend João Mendes. Bass player and producer.

Etched enclosure, painted with matte finish

did you bend the box too or buy it somewhere?
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

tasos

hey guys....this is a feeeedbacker i made....i really love the paintjob!don't you? :icon_razz:

mattthegamer463

I know it isn't a pedal, but anyone who builds tube amps or high-voltage tube pedals probably agrees that a Variac is an indispensable tool for prevent first-test explosions.

Homemade from scratch with a 3.5A "Powerstat" variable transformer.

pazuzu

i've heard you can do some cool things power starving a tube amp? never had the balls to get one and try it.

studiostud

I finished up an OCD yesterday.  I've had it for about a month, but it's been sitting inside a sad, unpainted enclosure.  So yesterday I finally got around to painting.  It's my first attempt at the "snakeskin" tutorial that's been floating around.

It's a gold metallic spray on top of several coats of basic white primer.  I think it came out pretty clean and I'll probably do more of them.  Maybe experiment with multiple colors next time.

This is a photo of the new pedal and the first pedal I ever built almost 5 years ago.  It's a TS808 clone.  I forgot that I never posted it on here despite the fact that this forum was instrumental in the success of that build.  So I wanted to share.  
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

Jimi W

The saga continues......

The Klaatube Screamer

TS-9 Clone, yet again built for a friend! One day I'll keep something I build but when I know its going to a better home and will get used it seems stupid keeping it.

Here's the guts.

....and the inspiration.

Really nice sounding pedal. Havent compared it to my original early TS-9 yet as its with said friend, hopefully going to do that tomorrow when I drop this off. The only mod I made was to change the 51pf cap to 100pf to try and tame fizz a bit.

Jimi

Sirppi

My first "official" build, the Dr. Boogey  ;D
Worked the first time :)

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

deadastronaut

the tiny tremoloooooooo built at long last... :icon_rolleyes:

edit:

heres the video demo.

http://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry?feature=mhum#p/u/0/UwvCvSwbXYI
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: deadastronaut on February 05, 2011, 07:51:19 PM
the tiny tremoloooooooo built at long last... :icon_rolleyes:

Nice! I like how you have the LED's looking like electrons orbiting an atom's nucleus. :)
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

aflynt

The first one is a CE-2 Chorus clone built on a Tonepad board in a 125B. The board took forever to populate and solder, but it worked perfectly on the first try and sounds great. I didn't do any part subs, but I'm going to try some different opamps out when I get a chance.

The second one is a Green Ringer clone built on a General Guitar Gadgets board in a 1590G. I screwed up the layout and put the input and output jacks across from each other not realizing that there wasn't enough room. I drilled another hole a little farther up and wound up using the old hole for a volume pot since the pedal can be kind of loud with certain amps. The 1590G is nice and small, but kind of difficult to do a layout for due to it being so shallow.

Tonepad CE-2 Clone

GGG Green Ringer Clone in a 1590G

-Aaron

blooze_man

What the knob in the green ringer do?
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

aflynt

QuoteWhat the knob in the green ringer do?

It's an output volume control. Just replaced the output resistor with a 50K pot wired as a variable resistor. I found that with certain amps the effect can really cut your head off. This lets me tame things down a bit.

-Aaron

Sirppi