Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolay

ShortScaleMike

Quote from: ghostsauce on February 17, 2011, 10:43:30 AM
Mike, NICE muff!  Looks killer.

Cheers, can't take credit for the artwork though, which was the customers'

Hides-His-Eyes

Are you guys not concerned about writing "Marshall" or "MXR" on the front of a pedal you're selling?

chi_boy

Quote from: mattthegamer463 on February 17, 2011, 11:25:07 PM
Laser-etched pedal #2

Matt,

I like the washer on the stomp.  Is that a replacement washer or something that came with the switch?

GP
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

Joecool85

Quote from: Hides-His-Eyes on February 18, 2011, 07:43:38 AM
Are you guys not concerned about writing "Marshall" or "MXR" on the front of a pedal you're selling?

I think they are just using these for themselves (still weird to me, but to each their own).  At least I sure HOPE they aren't selling them like that.
Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

ShortScaleMike

Quote from: Hides-His-Eyes on February 18, 2011, 07:43:38 AM

When it's a custom build for a single individual for someone I don't really see the problem to be honest. it's not like I'm branding it or advertising it as a Marshall product. It's more of a visual joke than anything else.

mattthegamer463

I'd feel worse not putting MXR on it, since people will think I designed it myself then.  Its for personal use, so its not like I'm inviting lawsuits.

Hides-His-Eyes

Quote from: ShortScaleMike on February 18, 2011, 09:19:13 AM
it's not like I'm branding it or advertising it as a Marshall product. It's more of a visual joke than anything else.

I very much doubt marshall would see it that way, if they felt inclined to care.

~arph

Does apple care about those million non apple laptop users that stick the apple logo sticker that came with their ipod on the back of their screens?

No, you advertise for them.

ShortScaleMike

Quote from: Hides-His-Eyes on February 18, 2011, 09:33:01 AM
Quote from: ShortScaleMike on February 18, 2011, 09:19:13 AM
it's not like I'm branding it or advertising it as a Marshall product. It's more of a visual joke than anything else.

I very much doubt marshall would see it that way, if they felt inclined to care.

Blimey, I've pulled the pictures.
I'm very sorry if I offended anyone, most of all Marshall. I'm their biggest fan and have owned a JVM410H, DSL401, 1936 2x12" I bought from new (and later sold on) and a 6100 is my oldest and current head. I bought that second hand 15 years ago.

To put this in perspective, the pedal was built for a guy who fancied the Graphics, and they were supplied by him and I put them on a decal for him and built him a pedal.
It's a single pedal that has never and will never be advertised anywhere or be confused with a Marshall product.

It's Friday people!

Joecool85

Quote from: ~arph on February 18, 2011, 09:39:31 AM
Does apple care about those million non apple laptop users that stick the apple logo sticker that came with their ipod on the back of their screens?

No, you advertise for them.

No, but that is for personal use.  It'd be different if you tried selling something with that same apple sticker on it.

~arph

Yes, I agree.. but we are talking about items for personal use here right?

deadastronaut

you shall hear from my solicitor in the morning for daring to even type the word 'marshall/mxr.'........prepare to be sued!.... :icon_wink:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

ayayay!

QuoteTo put this in perspective, the pedal was built for a guy who fancied the Graphics, and they were supplied by him and I put them on a decal for him and built him a pedal.

...Then that's no different than HIM putting that graphic on that pedal, which is completely fine.  Once he gets that thing into his hand, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it, as long as he's not trying to sell and deceive anyone (such as selling jOakley's or Gucchhi bags at the flea market.)

My wife's grandpa used to restore cars.  He always got a kick out of putting Toyota emblems on Chevys.  He wasn't profiting from it, it was more of a joke to his buddies. 

Relax people. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

jefe

Quote from: ShortScaleMike on February 18, 2011, 09:42:04 AM
Blimey, I've pulled the pictures.
I'm very sorry if I offended anyone, most of all Marshall. I'm their biggest fan and have owned a JVM410H, DSL401, 1936 2x12" I bought from new (and later sold on) and a 6100 is my oldest and current head. I bought that second hand 15 years ago.

To put this in perspective, the pedal was built for a guy who fancied the Graphics, and they were supplied by him and I put them on a decal for him and built him a pedal.
It's a single pedal that has never and will never be advertised anywhere or be confused with a Marshall product.

It's Friday people!

Bah, you didn't need to pull the pics! They only way I could see Marshall being concerned is if you decided to produce these in quantity. A one-off pedal, for personal use? Don't worry about it, not even for a second! Like ~arph mentioned, this is basically free advertising for Marshall.

Joecool85

Quote from: jefe on February 18, 2011, 10:26:14 AM
Bah, you didn't need to pull the pics! They only way I could see Marshall being concerned is if you decided to produce these in quantity. A one-off pedal, for personal use? Don't worry about it, not even for a second! Like ~arph mentioned, this is basically free advertising for Marshall.

Exactly.

Hides-His-Eyes

I certaintly wasn't saying pull the picks; no need to get your knickers in a twist.

I just wouldn't be so reckless with other people's trademarks when you're building things to sell rather than for personal use.

Insanekane

Thank You Madbean for the project PDF and others for tracing this pricy piece of equipment.
Turned out quite gayish, but my wife likes the way it looks. "It's soo pretty" she said.  :D

Slade

^^^^
Duuude! I missed another of your etchings....
Damn.. that's really beautiful.. maybe too gay to say it but I LOVE IT... and the wiring is perfect two.. ;D
Congrats!!!

John Lyons

Yeah, that looks great. Purple, gay, love, what else you need? :D
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/