Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

my latest design... :)

2xpt2399's current mirrored for longer cleaner delay, with modulation

and bright /warm repeats....enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Benoi31

Recently got access to a UV printer (yeaaaah!), so I did a Sunn Model T preamp build with my PCB :

There are more infos on my blog about it: http://www.coda-effects.com/2017/12/black-hole-sunn-model-t-preamp.html
The UV printer was a lot a fun and fairly quite easy to use, I am quite amazed by how easy and efficient these machines are!

Question: would you know where to find the screws that are inside knobs? The knobs I used did not have them when I used them so I just took the screws from other knobs... But I would like to be able to order some, but I do not know where to find it!

EBK

Quote from: Benoi31 on February 16, 2018, 06:19:24 AM
Question: would you know where to find the screws that are inside knobs? The knobs I used did not have them when I used them so I just took the screws from other knobs... But I would like to be able to order some, but I do not know where to find it!
I would love it if Arrow sold them.  I bet the multiple layers of anti-static protection and other materials that they'd pack something like that in would be amazing!  :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

vigilante397

Quote from: Benoi31 on February 16, 2018, 06:19:24 AM

This dang thread is going to make me broke :-\ I bought a CNC machine and a laser engraver because of the amazing builds on here, now apparently I need a UV printer ::) Off to eBay....
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Marcos - Munky

2nd build of 2018. After a long time, I finally got to build an Univibe (actually it's an The Depths by EQD). Layout is from effectslayouts.blogspot.com, artwork done using dryfilm. There's an error in the artwork, I mistakely switched rate and depth labels :icon_redface:.

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Marcos - Munky

snarblinge

I needed a bunch of grub screws for some fancy knobs I had, ended up at a screw and bolt supply place locally, with a sample of what I needed, there are a myriad of thread options so a sample is a must, they ended up ordering in some for me special, hex key was all they could get, but my problem was solved. i can't imagine ordering online unless you know exactly what they are.

so head to your local industrial area. 
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

thermionix

CE-2 clone (Madbean Pork Barrel) finally done.  It's been built for a while but waiting for the MN3007 and MN3101 to arrive.  Works great, no noise issues, I was a little worried because I put the jacks under the board and didn't use shielded wires (very short runs).  Something to be said for using a tried and true PCB.

So for the full-on 80's Cheese experience I stuck my Rat clone in front, and it actually sounds really cool.  Very Replacements.

(My next build to finish up, tonight or tomorrow, will be all black)

thermionix

Quote(My next build to finish up, tonight or tomorrow, will be all black)

And here it is, slightly modded OCD clone.  Still haven't decided which opamp I like best, but right now it has the proper TL082 in the socket.  My first build without Switchcraft jacks (gasp!), these are Neutriks.  Cheap.  Had to get creative to ground the enclosure, soldered a wire to the foot switch's star washer.

vigilante397

Quote from: thermionix on February 22, 2018, 02:18:13 AM

Any chance we can get a pic of both of them side by side? I feel like that would make me happy 8)
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

thermionix

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 22, 2018, 10:52:11 AM
would make me happy

Well if that's all it takes, how can I refuse?

Yes the white one is bigger than the black one.  Is that wrong?  Does that make me a bad person?  Maybe the black one is just more efficient.  Before we read too much into it all, the one I'm building tonight is light purple:icon_eek:

vigilante397

Quote from: thermionix on February 22, 2018, 05:07:29 PM

I'm easy to please 8) Granted the aesthetic would have been improved if they were the same size, but I still dig them.
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

EBK

Reminds me of the "too beaucoup" scene in Full Metal Jacket.(NSFW) :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

thermionix

"No boom boom OCD clone"

duck_arse

the big 2k therm!

reminds me of the pete and dud sketch where pete has to learn the piano by next week. all he knows is "the black ones are louder".
don't make me draw another line.

thermionix

And here's the light purple one.  Probably obvious, but it's a Fuzz Factory clone.

I broke a lot of rules with this build.  Didn't breadboard first.  Didn't audition the transistors, which are all salvaged from 1960's equipment.  Sloppy, inefficent perfboard layout.  Sloppy wiring.  Five pots handwired underneath the board is not such a great plan.

But I got lucky and it works as intended (whew!).  Q hFE's are (approximately) 155, 95, and 135, inspired by an old thread I found with Joe Gagan and a friend of his discussing such details.

This thing is fun as hell, an instant favorite.  Besides crazy noises, some seriously good fuzz tones, and the guitar-volume cleanup is the best of any fuzz I've built, by far.

rankot

Quote from: thermionix on February 23, 2018, 06:11:42 PM
Q hFE's are (approximately) 155, 95, and 135, inspired by an old thread I found with Joe Gagan and a friend of his discussing such details.

How could you find 2N3904 with hFE of 155?
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

thermionix

Quote from: rankot on February 24, 2018, 03:40:58 AM
How could you find 2N3904 with hFE of 155?

It's not a 2N3904.  Actually I don't know what it is.  Q1 and Q2 are house numbered pulls from a 1967 Silvertone amp.  I know Q2 was made by RCA because it has their EIA code on it, but I don't know the type.  Q1 seems similar to 2N2222A.  Q3 is a Toshiba 2SB56, pulled from an old Japanese walkie talkie.  Mojo dojo.

bamslam69

Here's my EH LPB-1 clone.
First pedal I've built in about a year, do something simple was the right choice. Lol.
Artwork was done with a cheap crappy dremel knockoff, unsteady hands and a few breaks to settle the nerves.
Had a couple of goes.  It sounds great. I put a 5089 in it cos that's all I had.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah