News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stallik

Dreamtime delay from Deadastro. Really lush
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Galego

Another one of my mini wahs, this time a spring loaded version. The switching is done by a phototransistor/IR led being obstructed by a small tab in the heel of the pedal.

stallik

Refinished guitar treble bleed auditioner I built a while ago. Simple test box, saves lots of experimentation inside mates guitars
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bluebunny

Kevin and João: great builds!  :icon_cool:

Your boxes have very square corners, Kevin.  Where are they from?
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

stallik

Thanks Marc, ordinary boxes sanded down to give the brushed finish. At the same time, the corners get chiselled. Was going to round them off again but decided I liked it in a 'cant be arsed' kinda way

bluebunny

Quote from: stallik on February 08, 2020, 06:23:45 AM
but decided I liked it in a 'cant be arsed' kinda way

Works for me.   ;D
  • SUPPORTER

Galego

Another one, this time also one of my first attempts at powder coating.

Galego

Quote from: stallik on February 08, 2020, 06:23:45 AM
Thanks Marc, ordinary boxes sanded down to give the brushed finish. At the same time, the corners get chiselled. Was going to round them off again but decided I liked it in a 'cant be arsed' kinda way

Do you give them any other finish? I would assume just brushed would make them quickly stain with fingerprints for example.

stallik

The surface has a vinyl sticker covering it but so far, the exposed sides have remained pretty clean. Time will tell, it's just an easy way of getting a reasonable finish

João Those are incredible!

willienillie

Quote from: stallik on February 08, 2020, 05:40:42 AM
guitar treble bleed auditioner...saves lots of experimentation inside mates guitars

This is used by plugging the guitar in, with its own volume pot still in circuit?  Wouldn't that effect the results?

stallik

If the guitar volume is full on then not enough for me or my mates to hear. If it's rolled off even a little bit then yes. Conversely, the box pot can be left full on so that you can compare with the existing guitar circuitry.
I lend the box out for a few days and let the player decide. That way, if they don't like the final result, they accept it as their own fault and I don't get any hassle. Instead, I make any necessary adjustments and accept the brownie points - I don't get paid for this stuff

rankot

Finally! My take on Mr pinkjimiphoton's "yet another yet another fuzzface revisited.... the skydog" https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=121645.0. I stuck to the original schematic (which is actually a classic Si fuzz with few tweaks), but I also decided to add a switchable 1kHz notch variable filter and a switch to shave off some of the fizz if necessary. Sounds cool! LED is pink, of course.  8)

• SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

mtk

Hey, guys. Just thought I'd add a few to the stack.

Nebula - Hoof Reaper - Doom central. So fun. The demo is kinda long, 4:00 is a good spot.

LV-426 - EQD/Sunn O))) Life Pedal (there was/is a ton of hype around this pedal and, don't get me wrong, it's heavy and dooms well but I'd take the Hoof Reaper over it, no question. Although I do really like the octave blend vs full-on Green Ringer/Tentacle.

Stoned Rat - Turbo Rat -> Ultra Stoner MkII with the clipping LEDs moved to the front because I think it looks awesome (this is pretty much my daily goto fuzz pedal)

patrick398

Haven't been round here so much recently. Got a new job working for an effects pedal company which is a bit of a dream come true. Less time to do my own stuff now though. Here's a couple i finished recently. Took the plunge on a powder coating system, well worth the money! Seems fairly idiot proof though there's definitely room for improvement. I imagine non textured powders are trickier to get a decent looking finish, luckily i'm only interested in textured  :icon_lol:

Kipper4

Great job Patrick and congrats on the job.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

ElectricDruid

+1 agree. Nice work Patrick, and glad to see the StompLFO getting a good workout.

Good luck with the new job.

bluebunny

That's another +1 from me, Patrick.  :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER

willienillie

rankot

Quote from: patrick398 on February 12, 2020, 03:48:15 PM
Haven't been round here so much recently. Got a new job working for an effects pedal company which is a bit of a dream come true. Less time to do my own stuff now though. Here's a couple i finished recently. Took the plunge on a powder coating system, well worth the money! Seems fairly idiot proof though there's definitely room for improvement. I imagine non textured powders are trickier to get a decent looking finish, luckily i'm only interested in textured  :icon_lol:
What are those? Look quite interesting!
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

patrick398

Thanks guys! Definitely missing this place.

Tom, your chips are at the heart of pretty much everything i'm building now haha. They're so fantastic!

Quote from: willienillie on February 13, 2020, 03:37:43 PM
Quote from: bluebunny on February 13, 2020, 10:16:37 AM
That's another +1 from me, Patrick.  :icon_cool:

But...

What am i looking at?  :icon_redface:

Quote from: rankot on February 13, 2020, 04:18:41 PM

What are those? Look quite interesting!

The one with the big knob in the middle is just a tone bender with a mosfet booster driving the front end and a few other bits and pieces. Had some russian trannies lying around so thought i'd get my fuzz on.

The other one i call the 'Fideleater', the schem is floating around the forum somewhere. It's a chorus/vibrato/walkman in front of a heat gun. Loads of waveforms to choose from courtesy of Tom's stomp LFO. Just been messing around with different transistors as the variable resistor element for pin 6 of the pt2399, it's getting pretty weird over here. With the square wave set to do an octave of notes you're playing it creates really nice layering and cool rhythms.

https://soundcloud.com/user-418904944/fideleater-squarewave-2n2369

More sounds/waveforms here: https://soundcloud.com/user-418904944/fideleater-squarewave-2n2369