News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Nicely done, Brian.  :icon_cool:  I approve of the names too, of course.   :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

willienillie

Crappy, oddly-tinted pics of some recent efforts.  Re-housed my Rangemaster, with new board and a trimmer to dial in the sweet spot (recommended!).  And an Orange Squeezer clone.

bean

Continuing on with my resolve to actually box up more pedals this year, here are two more. I'm super happy with how the faceplates came out on these. A couple layers of clear really adds depth to the copper and makes it "pop"! These are 1550B enclosures which are just a bit wider than 1590B.

vigilante397

It's been a bit since I posted anything on here, so here's one I just finished for a customer. Alembic F-2B clone with a 6N21B tube. The guy wanted red knobs but I couldn't find any I liked, so I powder coated these :P

I must not have looked this closely at the real thing, but in looking at these pictures it looks like I may need to tighten the belts on my laser ::)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

willienillie

First version Ibanez (Maxon) OD-855, also sold generically as The Dirt Box.  Basically a Distortion+ with a TS tone control and makeup gain stage tacked on the end.  I couldn't find a single Youtube demo of an original or clone, so I had to build one to find out what it sounded like.  Shockingly, it sounds like a Distortion+ with a tone control.

Willypp

Storyboardist Exemplar....  no inspiration for enclosure artwork...

Powerbrick, rectifies whatever you throw at it (over 12v anyway) and and regulates to 12vDC x1, and 9vDC x 3.  Has a passthrough for hooking up something to the source voltage.

EBK

• SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

bluebunny

Quote from: EBK on March 14, 2020, 07:55:39 AM
Quote from: willienillie on March 09, 2020, 10:00:58 PM

Quote from: willienillie on March 13, 2020, 12:22:14 AM

I'm really digging the color schemes of these.  Excellent work!

:icon_cool:

Quote from: Willypp on March 14, 2020, 06:37:02 AM
Storyboardist Exemplar....  no inspiration for enclosure artwork...

Like an X-ray!   :D
  • SUPPORTER

willienillie

Quote from: EBK on March 14, 2020, 07:55:39 AM
I'm really digging the color schemes of these.  Excellent work!

Thanks.  I obviously don't do graphics, so I have to rely on colors to tell them all apart, as most builds are 1590Bs lately.  These boxes are pre-finished from Tayda.  Bad pics aside, their matte dark gray (Rangemaster above) is really nice looking.  That one and the light blue even came with the proper-fitting bottom lid!  The orange one, not so much, I had to file/dremel a little bit.

lars-musik

There's been so much talk about the Broadcast that I had to hear for myself.

I tried different transistors and like silicon over germanium as in the original. At double voltage the germaniums were prone to oscillations if the bias and gain weren't dialed in carefully. Silicon is much more forgiving and on top sound better to my ears.

Ben N

Hey, Lars, nice work. Is that your own board/layout? I'm putting parts together for one, but haven't decided whether to perf or go RTS, but if there's a handy layout about...
  • SUPPORTER

lars-musik

Hey Ben,

yes, that's my layout. I have non idea what RTS is, but I'll gladly share the files. Might take a day or two to collect everything.

If you are impatient, you could go this way:

http://effectslayouts.blogspot.com/2017/01/hudson-electronics-broadcast.html

Lars

lars-musik

Ben, here you can download the project file:

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=123996.0

I forgot to mention that the voltage doubler is an addon board. Hope that doesn't spoil your party.

bluebunny

Quote from: lars-musik on March 16, 2020, 04:27:56 PM
I have non idea what RTS is

RTS = "ready to solder", so a PCB that someone else has supplied.
  • SUPPORTER

vigilante397

Another one from me, this is a JCM 800 preamp clone with 6N21B tubes. I'd never done top-mounted jacks before but the customer requested them, I didn't plan my drills very well :P

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Ben N

Quote from: lars-musik on March 16, 2020, 05:57:34 PM
Ben, here you can download the project file:

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=123996.0

I forgot to mention that the voltage doubler is an addon board. Hope that doesn't spoil your party.
Thanks, Lars, and for the perf link.
  • SUPPORTER

garcho

Turned a crappy $20 expression pedal into a crappy active volume pedal. Works well, cheap but feels solid, took an hour's worth of leisurely work, and doesn't snap, crackle, or pop. If necessity is the mother of invention, could laziness be the uncle?

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

ElectricDruid

Quote from: vigilante397 on March 17, 2020, 12:25:15 PM
I didn't plan my drills very well :P

Erm...open-frame jacks? ;)

vigilante397

Quote from: ElectricDruid on March 21, 2020, 03:26:06 PM
Erm...open-frame jacks? ;)

That would be one way to do it, yup :P
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

mtk

Holy shit this pedal rips! Super thick fuzz all the way to velcro city. Cleans up decent-ish with the guitar volume, but who's running this anywhere but on full tilt? The Treble and Bass controls are insane. Out of all the pedals I've built, the low end on this things blows them away by miles. If you watch the video, use good headphones or speakers with a sub to hear what I mean. Laptop/phone speakers won't do it justice. Wow! I'm in love. Ignore that I've got 2 controls for the bias, I don't have a dual-gang A250K right now and just used 2 singles.

Build - https://imgur.com/a/MdtrYOa

Layout - http://dirtboxlayouts.blogspot.com/2020/03/keeley-fuzzbender.html