Author Topic: Pictures!  (Read 10066446 times)

EBK

Re: Pictures!
« Reply #28720 on: March 24, 2020, 09:56:45 AM »
This is my first COVID-19 curve-flattening isolation build, a JMK Scuba Muff (based on the Muff Diver).  The enclosure was drilled and labeled (using a no-film decal process) for me as a prize I won in the MBP BOTY 2019 contest.

The graphic is a public domain illustration of Jacques Cousteau's Aqua-Lung, which I modified slightly.  The bar code corresponds to a real (and aptly-named) product;)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

bluebunny

« Reply #28721 on: March 24, 2020, 10:05:08 AM »
You should be confined to quarters more often, Eric.  Nice build.   :icon_cool:   Nice hazmat suit too.   :icon_biggrin:   (Though likely ineffective, kids!)
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

italianguy63

« Reply #28722 on: March 24, 2020, 10:08:51 AM »
That is awesome Eric! 

What is the barcode to?!

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

EBK

« Reply #28723 on: March 24, 2020, 10:11:21 AM »
That is awesome Eric! 

What is the barcode to?!

MC
There is a link in the very last word of my post above.
Recognize the stomp switch board?  :icon_wink:
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

italianguy63

« Reply #28724 on: March 24, 2020, 10:15:33 AM »
That is awesome Eric! 

What is the barcode to?!

MC
There is a link in the very last word of my post above.
Recognize the stomp switch board?  :icon_wink:

LOL--

I didn't notice!  I'm honored.
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

bluebunny

« Reply #28725 on: March 24, 2020, 10:23:31 AM »
BTW...

(using a no-film decal process)

...don't think you can just leave that cliffhanger with no follow-up?   :icon_eek:

(So long as it doesn't involve toilet roll and hand sanitiser...  :icon_confused:)

EBK

« Reply #28726 on: March 24, 2020, 10:29:35 AM »
BTW...

(using a no-film decal process)

...don't think you can just leave that cliffhanger with no follow-up?   :icon_eek:

(So long as it doesn't involve toilet roll and hand sanitiser...  :icon_confused:)
Here you go:

deadastronaut

« Reply #28727 on: March 24, 2020, 10:37:04 AM »
great build eric.....very nice,  8)

that transfer stuff looks way better than 'edgey' waterslide....cool.
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

EBK

« Reply #28728 on: March 24, 2020, 10:40:49 AM »
great build eric.....very nice,  8)

that transfer stuff looks way better than 'edgey' waterslide....cool.
Thanks!  Yeah, this stuff actually looks like a UV print.  Much nicer than a traditional decal.  I haven't personally tried applying this product, but I might have to buy some now that I've seen the results in person.

bluebunny

« Reply #28729 on: March 24, 2020, 10:45:24 AM »
Wow!  Want!

deadastronaut

« Reply #28730 on: March 24, 2020, 10:48:59 AM »
hold on, are those cut down davies knobs?......

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

« Reply #28731 on: March 24, 2020, 10:55:56 AM »

From orbit, they probably look foreshortened...   ;)

EBK

« Reply #28732 on: March 24, 2020, 11:01:55 AM »

From orbit, they probably look foreshortened...   ;)
Indeed, it is a perspective issue. From down here on Terra Corona, they are full height knobs.

rankot

« Reply #28733 on: March 24, 2020, 03:12:24 PM »
Finally boxed Nautilus Chorus (EQD Seamachine). Decal cracked when I applied it and I noticed that when it dried out, so I was too lazy to scrub and print it again. Works OK, however, but it seems that it's little bit noisy when there's sound on the input. Maybe my PT2399 chip is not the best one?

50 pedals and counting!

Galego

« Reply #28734 on: March 26, 2020, 01:53:08 PM »
Switcher I just finished. I made the enclosure from scratch and powder coated it. Still pretty new with the bending brake and the powder coating thing, but I'm happy with the result.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 02:49:40 PM by Galego »

EBK

« Reply #28735 on: March 26, 2020, 01:55:53 PM »
That is a LOT of drilling, Joćo!  :icon_eek:

Galego

« Reply #28736 on: March 26, 2020, 02:24:04 PM »
That is a LOT of drilling, Joćo!  :icon_eek:

Nah, I used my hobby CNC. It's not that fast on alu, but at least all the holes come out in the right place :D

mikeford

• Great Contributor!
  • "Often, a rested eye and mind can spot errors"
    • SonofCastille-my youtube site!
« Reply #28737 on: March 27, 2020, 06:16:34 PM »
Madbeans Tychohabre Octiva clone, the retrograde! Da?

deadastronaut

« Reply #28738 on: March 29, 2020, 08:45:45 AM »
i look good.... 8) :icon_mrgreen:

duck_arse

« Reply #28739 on: March 29, 2020, 09:52:41 AM »
"Facts are on our side."

unthreaded, left-handed ants. and plenty of them.