Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roobin

3 words:

OH

MY

GOODNESS!!!

What a cool pedal! The top is amazing! What's in there?

dano12

Finished this morning. Jack Orman MOSFET Boost (thanks for the great PCB and build instructions Jack!)

markm

Here's a couple more for ya'll ;)

markusw

QuoteHere's a couple more for ya'll
Nice! Are they etched?? If they were done with decals, how do you apply these large decals?

Markus

benfox

Too Roobin :
From right to left-----
2 Band parametric equalizer----insanity box with all trimpots as pots-----shoctave (octave down)------666-----------
This is a kind of thing you don't plug without being aware of what you are doing !!!!
THIS IS A CRONENBERG STYLE PEDAL

a guy fed up with too clean diy pedals....
Sorry for my bad english !!

markm

Quote from: markusw on May 13, 2006, 02:03:37 PM
QuoteHere's a couple more for ya'll
Nice! Are they etched?? If they were done with decals, how do you apply these large decals?

Markus

Thank you.
Yes these are all etched using PnP blue and paint.
I've started to figure out the ins and outs of etching enclosures.
Most of my projects have been etched lately because the durability of the finish can't be beat!
I've got some more to post soon.
   MarkM

markusw

Quote from: markm on May 13, 2006, 02:27:49 PM

Thank you.
Most of my projects have been etched lately because the durability of the finish can't be beat!
MarkM

The technique is fantastic. Really nice resolution!

I intend to give photo sensitive laquer with subsequent etching a try. Worls on PCBs, why not on boxes.

Would you mind sharing your secrets ? ;)

Do you etch, paint and then sand until the excess paint is removed??

Markus

Would you mind sharing your secrets?

SuzukiScottie

Quote from: benfox on May 13, 2006, 02:17:20 PM
Too Roobin :
From right to left-----
2 Band parametric equalizer----insanity box with all trimpots as pots-----shoctave (octave down)------666-----------
This is a kind of thing you don't plug without being aware of what you are doing !!!!
THIS IS A CRONENBERG STYLE PEDAL

a guy fed up with too clean diy pedals....

How did you do the top Benfox? It looks fantastic! :icon_biggrin:

benfox

With very very very old metalic paint from my grand pa....i think this paint has 50 years !!!
Sorry for my bad english !!

markm

Quote from: markusw on May 13, 2006, 02:35:21 PM
Quote from: markm on May 13, 2006, 02:27:49 PM

Thank you.
MarkM

The technique is fantastic. Really nice resolution!

I intend to give photo sensitive laquer with subsequent etching a try. Worls on PCBs, why not on boxes.

Would you mind sharing your secrets ? ;)

Do you etch, paint and then sand until the excess paint is removed??

Markus

Would you mind sharing your secrets?

I usually will paint the sides of the box with a light coat of cheap flat black paint to protect the sides from etchant.
Then, wet-sand the top of the box, iron on the pnp pattern, then touch up areas where the pnp didn't quite adhere
as well as I like, then touch up the seem where the pnp top meets the flat black sides so that all that is left will be
exposed to the etch.
I then will wet sand the pnp/paint mask off of the enclosure, spray a nice coat of color onto the top of the box
to fill in the lettering and the wet sand a final time.
It seems tedious but, I must say that the time involved in preperation pays off at the end.
Also, there's not as much time watching paint dry......know what I mean ;)

KaptenSpark

Not as fancy as the etched boxes above, this is my pulsar. Printed on paper, spray glued and clear coated. We'll see how it looks after a couple of gigs.

thehappytent

$uperpuma

I complained a lot about this one but the feedback has been good, so I thought I'd post it

Every Vintage Rat Needs an LED :)
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

JimRayden

Quote from: $uperpuma on May 15, 2006, 01:53:35 PM

I complained a lot about this one but the feedback has been good, so I thought I'd post it

I still would punfully say that this looks killer. :D

If you're not too crazy about it yourself, keep the enclosure for later and when you're good enough with electronics (which you might already be, I don't know), build it and you would propably get quite a bid on e-bay. Just needs an evil circuit and evil red knobs on it. Metalheads will be all over you.

-----------
Jimbo

mdh

QuoteIf you're not too crazy about it yourself, keep the enclosure for later and when you're good enough with electronics (which you might already be, I don't know), build it and you would propably get quite a bid on e-bay. Just needs an evil circuit and evil red knobs on it. Metalheads will be all over you.

Super-bright red LEDs in the eye sockets might give you that extra push over the cliff in eBay metal mojo. That, and putting in mojo pots that go to 11 ;)

markm

How about naming it "Toxic Drive".......
is there already one named that ???

$uperpuma

red led's used for clipping that do the "seeing eye glow" as they play :)  Deathstortion, Toxic Drive is a good one, Skull Peeler...:) I am no circuit designer so there would have to be some props on the bottom of the box giving someone credit...

Connoisseur of Distortion

that pedal deserves no name... to name it would steal the power of that image.

it's hard not to look at it.

$uperpuma

well, as the Connoisseur of Distortion, what circuit would you suggest for this one? Actually, this is open for everyone! Help me fill this box!  Its a 125b.

Pierre

... i just finished what will be the FL 301's enclosure, hope you like it  :icon_biggrin: