Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmwreck

here is my board  :-D

mostly DIY

rousejeremy

Damn nice pedals. Still waiting for those demo videos............

Quote from: Renegadrian on May 11, 2010, 04:38:06 PM
A lot of time I don't post in this topic, still some pedals have been made...
Here's some of the latest...

MXR phase45 - man, I love that sound!!! Use that damn perfboard layout from Rick (you know I hate perf...) but took out the mod pots, so only the switch remains...Wanted to use the numbers, found those flame ones that I love!!! And the MODIFIED too...It wasn't intentional, but this thing is too much BIKER!!! HDIAB?! Harley Davidson in a box?! Naaaaa

Second one is a Box of Metal, personally made the vero layout that is now in my gallery...well, I just don't like it...too many components for not many sounds available...It sounds so "boxed up", so thin, altough there's plenty of gain, but you know...
Also the EQ isnt' the best you can find...but the guy I made it for just asked for one, so here it is!!!

The third is a...well, you guess it!!! Great sound! and easy to build! And the fourth too!!!

Then comes an OCD, with a board shot - I love to paint the board!!!

Last line, you see two Fuzz Factory...

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

studiostud

Quote from: philbinator1 on May 11, 2010, 10:39:53 AM
Oh does anyone have ideas for more precise cutting?  I used my dremel cutting attachment but
one back move and a tracer's historyburger.  Then tried my coping saw and blunted it pretty quick.
Anyone?

I started using PCB board that is 1/2oz copper and .034" thickness and I really like it.  It's almost half the thickness of the stuff you get from smallbear or most local electronic stores.  Basically it makes is really easy to work with.  You can either clamp it in a rubber vise and just fold and break it or you can use it with one of those large "beheading" office style paper cutters which makes for the cleanest lines you'll probably get without having them fabricated.  The copper weight decrease also makes it quicker to etch and quicker to transfer PressNPeel. 

You can find it here:  http://www.pcbfx.com.  I actually have the whole PCB Fab-in-a-box along with a personal laminator that I bought new for $20 on Amazon and that system works beautifully.  Much faster and cleaner than what I was doing before with PnP, ironing, cutting (which was creating tons of breathtaking fiberglass dust)....
Builds Completed: Big Muff. Fuzz Face. Tube Screamer. Rat. Crash Sync. Harmonic Jerkulator. 6-band EQ. Rebote 2.5. Tremulus Lune. Small Stone. Small Clone. Microamp. LPB-2. Green Ringer. Red Ranger. Orange Squeezer. SansAmp. MXR Headphone Amp. Bass Fuzz.

John Lyons

Maestro "Boomerang" fixed wah.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Ummagumma

hey nice Boomer you have there Lyons!!!
where did you got layout ??? can I have one? :)

deadastronaut

love the colour...strawberries n cream....yum....
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

knealebrown

are you using spray hammerite john? i have the same shade of red but am not getting half as good results (im using tinned stuff though). Read something from you on another forum which mentioned cold and hot drying conditions?
''99 problems but a glitch aint one!''

Slade

knealebrown and Adriano, your pedals are sick!
Awesome work, guys! A pleasure to look at.

knealebrown

Quote from: Slade on May 12, 2010, 10:25:00 AM

thanks slade  ;D

John Lyons

Quote from: knealebrown on May 12, 2010, 09:55:45 AM
are you using spray hammerite john?

No, this is a powder coat process.
Most of my stuff is powder coat
except some of the hammers.
I have a few nice powder hammers
but the spray ones are more dramatic
on the whole.
The one above is a gold vein with a semi
transparent metallic red over it.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: jmwreck on May 11, 2010, 11:21:25 PM
here is my board  :-D

mostly DIY

Wow, could you provide some close ups of the gadget in the upper row in the middle and the blue on left? Awesome design!:)
Thx!

Helge

Renegadrian

Quote from: knealebrown on May 12, 2010, 10:44:38 AM
Quote from: Slade on May 12, 2010, 10:25:00 AM

thanks slade  ;D

What a privilege! We all know Slade high level of perfection, so I am so happy he liked my pedals! Yeah I try to make them look good, but Slade's a higher level...
Kneale, I like your pedals!!! yeah!!! If they sound as they look they are KILLER!  :icon_twisted:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

knealebrown

ha ha thanks guys, renegadrian those boards are awesome btw how do you do them? just a spray can?, that is my next step. cleaning up the wiring as my guts are terrible, mind you its hard to keep things tidy in such small enclosures. im always buring the insulation.  ;D
in terms of them sounding good, i like the sho, its simple and does its job well but the stratoblaster blows me away, this is my third stratoblaster build (one for a friend) and im using it as a always on pre-amp which is why i wanted one so small, it just pops out some nice frequencies in my telecaster making it chime. heres some samples http://kneale.bandcamp.com/album/guitar-pedal-sound-samples

Renegadrian

Yeah just some light paint from spray cans! I love to do that! I like to get something more "under the hood" if ya know what I mean...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

solderman

Quote from: John Lyons on May 10, 2010, 04:35:43 PM

Dual Pedal with stenciled Sparrow

Nice pedal. Poor sparrow. Did it give up a disstorted scream ;)
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

ShortScaleMike

Some recent ones:

Hides-His-Eyes

what coating/paint do you use? and I take it those are lacquered water transfers?

jmwreck

Wow, could you provide some close ups of the gadget in the upper row in the middle and the blue on left? Awesome design!:)
Thx!

Helge
[/quote]

these are the only closeups ive got, no closeup of the blue one, its a twin delay by the way,

thank you.

:) ;D

ShortScaleMike

Quote from: Hides-His-Eyes on May 14, 2010, 09:02:02 AM
what coating/paint do you use? and I take it those are lacquered water transfers?
They're all lacquered self adhesive clear labels from musikding.de

I use standard automotive primer, paints and lacquer. All the artwork is by my friend Tim. All colour decals are onto white pedals.

Al Heeley

Latest evolution of my Tubescreamer overdrive.

Now has 4 different levels of bass boost plus 4 different selectable diode clipping configs, plus additional smoothing cap switch to alter the dynamics for the distortion.