mid-fi clai(not) schematic!

Started by doug deeper, February 16, 2009, 02:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edd101

ok, it took me a couple of beers and some time to find my mistake (wrong resistor value):icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:
At last I got it working! It turned out that TL062 was also non working so I borrowed TL072 from my rebote delay and finaly I got some sound :)
The 3mm LED that I used started to glow/pulsate with the turn of the SPEED pot, but it isn't so bright. I'll play with the R8 value to get the best result (my current  R8 value is 100k). I also put a 100pF cap parallel with R14(1M) to eliminate RF interference.
The sound is very cool and it is possible to get lots cool noise/sound effects :icon_wink: from chorusy to delay madness :icon_twisted: The only thing that bothers is that there is a volume drop between clean and fuzz lift and when I max the the clean signal with no fuzz I hear LFO ticking...but overall the cubed clari(not) is super!!!!

thnx Rick

Ed
...it is always funny until someone gets hurt!!!

dr.benway

Pins 1 and 2 on TL062 oh missed that.
by + I was referring to the + pin on the 10 uF cap going to R5.

Away for a few days, I'll try drinking some beers and fixing it up when I get back (seemed to work for EDD101).

dr.benway

finally works. thnaks all for your help.

sean k

I think this is one of the first pedals I've built that went straight away. It's wonderful!

Used a bright white LED and an LDR from the surlus store that goes to about a meg dark and a few k under light.

I performed with it last night and someone asked if it was a ring modulator, but I've never actually head a RM so I couldn't say, but it did some interesting kinda bleeping and tinging sounds, very musical actually, at rest which was really nice.

I haven't lbelled the knobs yet so I had to pick it up and look underneath once in a while to figure out what I was doing  ???

Maybe a parallel input, buffered with emitter follower, to two LM386's with the clean on doing the signal to the 2399 and the fuzzed out original driving the LED?
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

Scruffie

Right I just tried to do a vero for this... it's disturbing... I mean i'm not great at them but this has come out terribly, so messy and 14 strips by 34 holes which is huge compared to ricks nice and tight perf... is anyone else trying to do a vero? I'm looking at you Cathexis  :icon_eek:.. (I love your vero work) may just give in on getting one though and try my first etch.

I'd post it up anyway... but I dunno how to post images on here.

svstee

I was thinking about doing a vero for this, I've never done one harder than ROG's 3 Legged Dog though. I'll try it tonight.

Scruffie

Oh right, awesome, just got 2 PT2399 in the post so be nice to put one in this especially with my love for vero, etching doesn't appeal really...  So I look forward to seeing your efforts!

Cheers,
Scruffie.

sean k

Scruffie, get a photobucket page going and when they are loaded from your PC just copy them as a direct link and hit the image tab above, which is the second along in the middle row (above the smileys  ;D) and paste in the link.

http://photobucket.com/
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

Scruffie

Another account! oohhh goddd lol, guess this forum is a bit too big to attatch them straight in... shoulda seen that coming, well I will post it, but i'l see what svstee comes up with first to see if it's worth bothering (or saving my embarrasment of putting it up)

frequencycentral

Quote from: Scruffie on June 18, 2009, 01:05:43 PM
Right I just tried to do a vero for this... it's disturbing... I mean i'm not great at them but this has come out terribly, so messy and 14 strips by 34 holes which is huge compared to ricks nice and tight perf... is anyone else trying to do a vero? I'm looking at you Cathexis  :icon_eek:.. (I love your vero work) may just give in on getting one though and try my first etch.

I'd post it up anyway... but I dunno how to post images on here.

Perfrocksverosucks!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

svstee

Scruffie

Lol sorry Rick... gotta agree with the fanboy comment... cause VeroROCKSPerfSUCKS yeah I went there... Why couldn't you be a veroer... your layouts are so nice but there just on the wrong type of board.

doc_drop

No No. You're all wrong! rockROCKSsuckSUCKSveroPERFS! (But you can still do a tighter layout on perf..... :icon_evil:)

I went there...and I pitched a tent!

Scruffie

Yea rockROCKS i'l give you that...  vero's still better, tighter layout or not (you can still get it tight on vero, just takes a bit more thinking...)

Yea I went there, pitched the tent and caught the STI

doc_drop

Scruffie

Quote from: svstee on June 18, 2009, 02:09:24 PM
I was thinking about doing a vero for this, I've never done one harder than ROG's 3 Legged Dog though. I'll try it tonight.

Did you get anywhere with your attempt? Or have you not had a chance, just wondering as I might give it one more shot aswell, got a spare PT2399 & LM386 lying around burning a hole in my electronics boxes pocket.

svstee

Sorry, I started but have been a bit busy. I'll try to finish it tomorrow.

Scruffie

Well I'l start mine, see how it goes, atleast I know how wrong I went last time now, yours will most likely come out better though lol.

jacobyjd

Quote from: svstee on June 18, 2009, 02:09:24 PM

lol...my vero is on paper or I'd post it. I have yet to build it though. Soon.
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

Scruffie

Noooo lol, how big did you get it down to? Give me something to aim to.