SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2006ug

Hey guys,

Long time reader, first time poster!

This morning I boxed up my Deep Blue Delay clone, really liked how the enclosure turned out. The guts are not my best work, this pedal has been on the debugging pile for a while. My veroboard work has improved since then haha.

As far as finishing:
I used an Epilog Helix 75W laser cutter to strip (etch) the paint off the enclosure.
Wet sanded to 400 grit, and sprayed a lot of coats of Krylon Dual Gloss, Banner Red.

Completely different method than the majority of you, but since I'm still etching stuff I hope you don't hate me.

Adam

Marcos - Munky

Hey Adam. Welcome!

Your enclosure looks great! And your veroboard work on this one is not bad. I can't do a veroboard, so to me it's a good word :icon_lol:

DK1

Zombie chorus, featuring Gascan Carol. A little noisy,  but it sounds good.

deadastronaut

had quite a few requests to make a pcb of this project...verified, works great..
only took a few years to do it.. ;)

what it sounds like..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyMOOY_60vA&t=3s
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

italianguy63

At risk of it getting old (you've seen this one before)-- This came off my workbench today.  After a long hiatus!  But, this one is a little different as is a "full size" Klone in a Hammond 1590X enclosure.  Came out really nice.  Lower lid is etched too with my logo.  With the original big honker knobs too...

Good to be back.  More to come!

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

bluebunny

Nice one, Mark.  Worth the wait.  Those knobs look like a coupla kilos of bakelite each.   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

italianguy63

Quote from: bluebunny on May 11, 2017, 03:36:40 PM
Nice one, Mark.  Worth the wait.  Those knobs look like a coupla kilos of bakelite each.   ;)

Yes.  God bless Small Bear.
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

italianguy63

Quote from: italianguy63 on May 11, 2017, 01:11:11 PM
At risk of it getting old (you've seen this one before)-- This came off my workbench today.  After a long hiatus!  But, this one is a little different as is a "full size" Klone in a Hammond 1590X enclosure.  Came out really nice.  Lower lid is etched too with my logo.  With the original big honker knobs too...

Good to be back.  More to come!

MC

This pedal is heading to Steve Savage of Hypersona.  Great local band right here out of my home town.  They play all around Florida, especially up the E. Coast and at the big bike rallies.  They are at the "rock" bar here in Titusville tonight.. They never get old to me.  Some great talent, and super cool, approachable, and nice guys.

vigilante397

Quote from: italianguy63 on May 12, 2017, 06:47:51 AM
Some great talent, and super cool, approachable, and nice guys.

Those are the best kind of people 8) It's always nice to see something you've made in the hands of cool people that appreciate it.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

lars-musik

I need to post this here, too:

2006ug

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on April 07, 2017, 07:10:18 PM
Hey Adam. Welcome!

Thanks! I recently discovered the laser etch thread. That's where my stuff belongs!

Beautiful builds guys.

flanagan0718

Mine is an etched face plate if that counts

Hey guys I'm Mike

My Blog
http://custohmelectronics.blogspot.com/

italianguy63

You guys saw this design a few years back.. but, worth re-posting... A custom job off the bench.. A Neutron Filter (Mutron III)--  For a band buddy of mine...  Came out pretty well.  This time used canned H11F3 LED/FET modules.. It does not have the same amount of "voice" the one I built with home-made Vactrols.... Still a nice pedal.  I enjoy doing these.

deadastronaut

Sweet builds guys.... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

edy_wheazel

slashandburn

Got this one finished earlier this year. Just a Woolly Mammoth built to the tagboard vero layout. I wimped out on the 1590B and went bigger. Aesthetically, I think it was a good decision.

Sadly the next lot of enclosures I have drying are all experiments with decal paper, so I'll likely be absent from this thread for a while. That said though, I'm almost out of decal paper so I might be etching again sooner than I thought.

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

garcho

Quote from: flanagan0718 on May 16, 2017, 04:04:38 PM
Mine is an etched face plate if that counts

nice work, bravo! i love face plates.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

italianguy63

And another--  Klone in 1590BB...

MC

bamslam69

Finally completed, my Train Wreck (based on the Wampler 3-Wreck).
4 awesome things about it.
1. It actually works.
2. I managed to cram all the wires & veroboard into the box.
3. No noise!
4. It sounds sweet!

I'm just waiting on some knobs that fit properly.
First acid etch - I need to be more patient with etching in future.
Artwork is supposed to be of the 1895 Montparnasse Train Derailment.

Only taken me 7-9 months

Yeah Nah - Nah Yeah