Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

yeah man, love it..... 8) 8) 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

Quote from: Hexjibber on April 17, 2018, 06:08:59 AM
I've been out of the game for a bit of a while

Now that's what I call a return!   :D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Hexjibber

Marcos - Munky

Hexjibber, just one word: awesome!

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Marcos - Munky

5th build of 2018. It's a Big Muff I made for a friend. He drew the artwork, I did a reverse etch on all sides of the enclosure (my first etch on a side of a enclosure), plus a little bit of "relic" finishing (actually the etches went too shallow and I got some of the ink removed when I was sanding the enclosure, but my friend liked the result, so I left it this way).

Marcos - Munky

6th build of 2018. It's a mosfet booster. Simple, but effective. Artwork drawn by my brother, then I etched it.

Pettol

KarenColumbo

Will be a Centaur clone.

• SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

stallik

Very nice Andreas and well photographed. It's easy to see the depth of the etch. No labels?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

KarenColumbo

Quote from: stallik on May 01, 2018, 02:10:48 PM
Very nice Andreas and well photographed. It's easy to see the depth of the etch. No labels?
Thx mate. Nah, no labels, customer thinks he got it figured :)
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

KarenColumbo

Here's another one. BMP with active Bass, parametric Mids, Treble blend and a LPB-1 in front via 2nd Stompswitch.
Will have two small red LEDs: If Boost is disabled, Hellboy's cigarette is lit, if it's activated, his eye glows red :)

• SUPPORTER

Marcos - Munky

7th build of 2018. A friend asked me for a fuzz that's "noisy", so I built him 2 Devi Ever fuzzes in series. I don't remember the exact names, but they're basically built around the Soda Meiser, one with a switch to choose between 2 different transistors and the other one with noise and chaos mods.

Pettol

Another BMP. I don't know if it qualifies for this thread, but at least the plate and the foot switch cap are etched.  :D

vigilante397

Quote from: Pettol on May 11, 2018, 05:01:11 PM
I don't know if it qualifies for this thread

Great looking build 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Marcos - Munky

Clean plate etch. Also, it's the first time I ever sw an etched footswitch! :icon_cool:

Marcos - Munky

8th build of 2018. Doug Hammond's Highway89 using a layout provided by 287m - thanks again, bro!

Btw, this one have 4 16mm pots in a 1590A :icon_wink:

patrick398

Quote from: Pettol on May 11, 2018, 05:01:11 PM
Another BMP. I don't know if it qualifies for this thread, but at least the plate and the foot switch cap are etched.  :D

That's a beautiful enclosure, where d'ya get it?

Pettol

Quote from: patrick398 on June 05, 2018, 03:07:32 PM
That's a beautiful enclosure, where d'ya get it?

I made it myself, so thanks!  :D

I actually wrote a little tutorial how to make them:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/01og324tqfbmx7z/DIY%20enclosures%20v1.pdf?dl=0
You can also find it under Files in the DIY stompboxes (unofficial) group on Facebook.

vigilante397

I know this isn't technically etched, it's CNC engraved, and I already posted it in the big Pictures thread, I'm just really excited about how it turned out and wanted to post it here as well :P

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com