News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seedlings

^ etch and knobbies are fantastic!  What controls did you use for the superduper 2-in-1?

CHAD

Hexjibber

Quote from: seedlings on June 11, 2014, 09:57:29 PM
^ etch and knobbies are fantastic!  What controls did you use for the superduper 2-in-1?

CHAD

Thanks man! The lower two controls are the level control for each SHO circuit and the top one is the master level control.

hylandren

Quote from: motvej on June 04, 2014, 03:29:12 AM

motvej, excellent etch!
I also like those knobs with one end of the tops cut at an angle like that. Do you remember where you got them?

nicoo

Quick and dirty build of a MXR Distortion+ (with AA116 germanium diode)

Inspired from far by the awesome... :icon_wink:
Quote from: Alejandro B. on April 30, 2014, 03:11:14 PM

motvej

quote author=hylandren link=topic=85803.msg977785#msg977785 date=1402572304]
Quote from: motvej on June 04, 2014, 03:29:12 AM

motvej, excellent etch!
I also like those knobs with one end of the tops cut at an angle like that. Do you remember where you got them?
[/quote]

thanks man!!
they are from simpe offline electronic parts shop in moscow)
I didnt ever seen those knob on tayda, smallbear or smth else...

my new atari punk console with LFO

italianguy63

Fixed my Dyna Comp (1977) clone today.  I've done about 4 of these now.  Getting better at them, and on the etching too...   :icon_smile:

And a gut shot -- with mojo, "1977 era" components...

Works great.  That's the best part.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Liquitone

Nice one! You really caught the classic mxr look if I compare it to my 1978 distortion+. I first thought it was a re-housing.

italianguy63

Note the .05uF cap.  (not a .047).  :)  Thanks!
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Hexjibber

deadastronaut

nice work guys..you can't beat an etch when it comes out nice.. 8) 8) 8)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Alejandro B.

Quote from: nicoo on June 14, 2014, 04:09:26 PM
Inspired from far by the awesome... :icon_wink:

Thank you man, I´m so flattered both by your words and your inspired pedal...  :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

That´s the great thing about this site, you get a huge bunch of ideas to make your pedals.

I have also get more than two or three ideas from here to make my own pedals (guts or finishes)  ;D ;D

Thank you again for your kind words and nice work. You´ll see how etch by etch they become more easy and complex... it´s just a matter of practice!! (if you want the original crocodile skin image I can send it to you  ;))

Hexjibber

OCD v3 with 2000AD artwork by request of my mate who it's for

italianguy63

Not my best work (but not my worst either).  My Swah V3.

My 1st attempt at a reverse etch.  Came out well, but, the detail was too small, the etch was not deep enough, and I learned that "grey scale" images won't work.

Anyway, had to repaint the background because of the shallow etch.  Came out pretty well really (better than the pic/glare), and the concept was good.

And a gut shot:

MC

Mustachio

Looking good Mark, did you do the board for the snow white too ? Really like that dynacomp too!

I missed a bunch of posts in this thread, wow you guys are getting such great detail! Awesome looking artwork, Always pushing the bar up! Good Jarb Guy's !
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

italianguy63

Jimbo-- Nahhh... not reinventing the wheel.  I wanted to do an autowha (envelope filter).  The board was on sale at GuitarPCB.  It is just "good."  Not as good as I hoped-- so, I have one of RG's Neutrons coming-- rolling some vactrols as we speak.  Still with one foot in the fuzz.  Starting on some Muffs too.  Idle hands are the Devil's work.

MC

Mustachio

Sweet the Neutron is one of my favorite builds of all time!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

italianguy63

I build and seek till I get it right (mostly).   ::)

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

glops

I always forget about this thread  :( Haven't been building a whole lot lately  :( Some outstanding etches over here these days!

Here's Madbean's 424, the Demo Tape Fuzz. Haven't played it loud but its a very interesting lo-fi overdrive fuzz. Sounds very
unique and quite an easy build.

Here's a Foxx Tone Machine

SmoothAction

"Never heard a man speak like this man before, never heard a man speak like this man before. All the days of my life ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before."