Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
1
Building your own stompbox / Re: Modifying DOD Vibrothang LFO
« Last post by Kipper4 on Today at 02:44:51 PM »
Looks like they rectified the lfo output for the tremolo.
2
Building your own stompbox / Re: Drilling aluminium sheet
« Last post by anotherjim on Today at 02:38:05 PM »
If the rear side is easy to access, I'll sand it all down. Actually, I find an Orbital sander can make a neat scrubbed finish to alumin(complete your own spelling).
Small holes I deburr With a countersink (handy in an electric screwdriver). Larger I use the step drill. Larger still, I use a knife or chisel.
Drilling through to a sacrificial backing can help, but the soft metal will still jump up around the bit and let a burr form. Also, the material you want to use up for the backing can be soft enough for a burr to form into it (drill a lot of holes and the metal can be semi-riveted to the backing by the burrs).
I've never owned or used a proper de-burring tool so I wouldn't know what might be a good one.
3
Does it go away if you move the wire from the buffer output away from the volume pot output wire? Does the SS2 clone have those two wires in the same spot?
4
Building your own stompbox / Re: Modifying DOD Vibrothang LFO
« Last post by Passaloutre on Today at 01:56:02 PM »
Yes it's a phaser/tremolo controlled by a single LFO
5
Building your own stompbox / Re: Drilling aluminium sheet
« Last post by Mark Hammer on Today at 01:51:07 PM »
I also use a countersink, in addition to a step-bit. If the shape of the aluminum permits, I'll drill up to one step less than the needed diameter, then flip the metal over and drill the remaining step from the other direction.  That will usually remove 95% of the burr.  A little finger-twidding of a countersink will remove the remaining 5%.
6
Building your own stompbox / Re: Drilling aluminium sheet
« Last post by italianguy63 on Today at 01:09:21 PM »
I use one of these-- chucked up in a nut-driver handle... I follow the drilling, top and bottom with a couple twists, and it blows the burrs off the metal.

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-six-flute-countersink-61552.html

Won't work if the hole is 1/2" or larger however!

MC
7
I've ordered an ESP32 audio board from Elecrow however what with the virus situation I have no idea when it's going to show up.
8
Building your own stompbox / Re: Problem with diyKit
« Last post by tubegeek on Today at 12:56:59 PM »
Welcome!

9
Building your own stompbox / Re: Drilling aluminium sheet
« Last post by MetalGuy on Today at 11:53:15 AM »
I get good results with 5754 grade.
10
Building your own stompbox / Re: Aion Rangemaster Biasing
« Last post by Big Monk on Today at 11:38:10 AM »
Thank you, again, I can't say whether the Hfe value from my component tester is necessarily accurate, and it's not clear that the 79 on the packet is Steve's Hfe measurement, but he did put in resistor values suggesting that this would be a good transistor for the traditional circuit. The transistor was sitting in my garage for a year or two though, so maybe that, or the soldering, could have affected performance?

I figured that since i was using a PCB and a pre-tested transistor, this would be a cakewalk! I had no idea that the rangemaster could be so high maintenance! OK, will pull the tranny out and try it on the breadboard.

79 is the Hfe and L = Leakage.

Did you socket the transistor, or apply heat directly to the leads? If the latter, did you heat sink the transistor? It's not all that hard to damage a transistor when soldering it into a circuit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10