Let me introduce you to Dr.Boogey

Started by electrictabs, January 17, 2005, 09:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob N

Electrictabs,

Thanks for the response! I REALLY appreciate it!

I'll go ahead and double check the fet biasing as well as the board schem... Now that I looked at the circuit with fresh morning eyes (with plenty of coffee) I might also have a flakey cap in there... in any case, come hell or high water, it'll be done today!

Thanks again for a very nice build. I love the sound you got out of it and it sounds exactly like what I am looking for! Great Job!!!

Bob

Bob N

Well, on the third PCB I tried, I got THE sound. Holy Crap that sounds good! The latest PCB from Bucksears is THE one! Thanks to both Electrictabs and Bucksears for their hard work in putting this circuit together. I used Orange Drops for the bulk of the capacitors with the exceptions being Micas. I know, WAY overkill, but I've always stood by them with very positive results. It was a VERY tight fit, but it all crammed together rather nicely. I have a part number listing for Mouser if anyone would like one, for an entire project from start to finish as a pedal, right down to the little rubber pads for the bottom of the pedal.

Thanks guys! You REALLY helped me make this $100 crapola GC amp REALLY Boogey... It flat out ROCKS now!!! I guess we spared the life of another Krate POS by changing everything before the amp could screw it up...

Bob

bentium

Quote from: Bob NWell, on the third PCB I tried, I got THE sound. Holy Crap that sounds good! The latest PCB from Bucksears is THE one! Thanks to both Electrictabs and Bucksears for their hard work in putting this circuit together. I used Orange Drops for the bulk of the capacitors with the exceptions being Micas. I know, WAY overkill, but I've always stood by them with very positive results. It was a VERY tight fit, but it all crammed together rather nicely. I have a part number listing for Mouser if anyone would like one, for an entire project from start to finish as a pedal, right down to the little rubber pads for the bottom of the pedal.

Thanks guys! You REALLY helped me make this $100 crapola GC amp REALLY Boogey... It flat out ROCKS now!!! I guess we spared the life of another Krate POS by changing everything before the amp could screw it up...

Bob
to wich schematic do you refer to?

Paul Marossy

So, has this circuit been built? I would be interested to hear it.

Paul Marossy

Nice work, sounds great! Is there a PCB layout available for it anywhere? The one link I found was a dead-end...  :(

EDIT: Nevermind, I see in that other thread that one is being developed.  :wink:

Bucksears

Paul,
Here are the links to my site where the Dr. Boogey PCB and parts layout can be found.

http://www.bucksears.com/DrBoogeyPCB.bmp
http://www.bucksears.com/DrBoogeyPartsLayout.gif

Someone has already used the layout and has confirmed that it works; I'm actually working on building electrictabs' other pedals, but this is on my short 'must have' list.
- Buck

Paul Marossy

Bob N

Sorry for the long delay in posting...

The ones that Buck posted are the final ones I used. It flat out rocks! One of the Guitarists in one of the Bands I Manage used it on a cut... I'll post the cut when I get it back, but he doesn't want to give the circuit back now that he's had a chance to play with it!

electrictabs

wow that makes me proud!!!
thanks for the kind words guys...
now i'm really thinking of shooting them in the market 8)

school

*cough* copywright infringment *cough*

electrictabs

Quote from: school*cough* copywright infringment *cough*
don't think so  :twisted:

Bob N

Tabs,

I have to build another one for another guitarist in one of my other bands because he relies on the Boogey sound a TON and is playing in Emergenza's 3rd Round, but is forced to use the Backline of a Krate Tube Amp. That Amp is fairly good, but can't produce the Boogey sound anywhere close, so.... Time to Stomp Box it, as well as that sweet schem of the JCM... That would be quite a nice combination with an optical compressor maybe in a rack unit with remote stomp switches.... Hmmmm, decisions... decisions... Thanks again Tabs and Buck!!! That is probably one of the best circuits I've built so far.... but SOOO many more to try....

bentium

spudulike

Quote from: BucksearsPaul,
Here are the links to my site where the Dr. Boogey PCB and parts layout can be found.

http://www.bucksears.com/DrBoogeyPCB.bmp
http://www.bucksears.com/DrBoogeyPartsLayout.gif

Someone has already used the layout and has confirmed that it works; I'm actually working on building electrictabs' other pedals, but this is on my short 'must have' list.
- Buck

Links are dead ???

MR COFFEE

I can't getr the links to work either...
:cry:  :cry:
Server probs?
Bart

vanhansen

Buck has been having problems with his site.  I'm sure he'll chime in here.
Erik

Bucksears

Yes, my site is down for the moment.
I've had a lot going on in my life between a wedding (not mine) last month, normal taking care of things around the house, building pedals and getting ready for a huge (whole company) move into a new building at work.
I will make it a priority (not necessarily top) to get my site going again. Basically, my annual subscription just ran out today and I STILL need to get the domain registered. When things are up and running again, I'll have new pics and sound samples.
I will let you know ASAP when things are running again, but for the time being send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll get the PCB and parts layouts to you.

- Buck

Bob N

Hey Guys!

LTNS... Like Buck, I've been very busy as well.... Lost my job back in Dec and FINALLY found work. Its about damn time... having no money really sucks...

In any case, my webserver is back up and running and I can host the images for the PCB, parts layout, as well as a BOM so long as Buck and electrictabs chime in and gives their OK... At least until Buck gets back up and running with his site... I just dont want to step on anyone's toes...

ketchup

when do we get to hear a sample where the gain is set to max, i am curious to hear what this pedal can really do in terms of distortion, and does anyone have the pcb layout for it ?