News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syndromet

To lldrew.
Those loock really, really good. Being a Pink Floyd fan, those loock like something I would buy bedore I started DIY. However, you should spend a little more solder on those jacks. I used to do it like that, but I learned quickly that it was a good idea to fill the holes with solder. Otherwise you have to open up your box and redo the jacks every 3 months....

The ones I haven't posted yet:

My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

lldrew

oh yes, I know I should spend more time on the jacks.  It probably has to do with my workstation being in the attic of my house which in the summer can get up to a 110!  :icon_eek: Thanks for the complements and advice! :)

rockhorst

@Dano: I was thinking of doing a similar thing with a Little Gem this week (liked the LG sound better than the Ruby's)! Still need to find a nice box for it, but it's nice to see that it'll def. look cool as a nice little pocket amp. Nice coincidence! Love the knobs you used too! Enjoyable site you got as well  :icon_mrgreen:
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

jimbob

I decided to get some use out of a Raco box=

Since I liked the idea of rubber tread grip / sort of like the Dunlop Fuzz Faces use, I went to the hardware store and  bought a strip of 3M pre sticky tape grip-ish stuff (its also great for covering up mistakes plus its very durable stuff). I was also thinking about how I have all sorts of knobs but rarely do they match my project Im working on so I deceded to see what it would look like to paint some radioshack knob. I thought it turned out well. They look almost toy like, but cool. Decals will be added at a later time

This is my Ross Phaser Clone

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

dano12

Quote from: rockhorst on July 17, 2006, 12:27:13 PM
@Dano: I was thinking of doing a similar thing with a Little Gem this week (liked the LG sound better than the Ruby's)! Still need to find a nice box for it, but it's nice to see that it'll def. look cool as a nice little pocket amp. Nice coincidence! Love the knobs you used too! Enjoyable site you got as well  :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks much dude. I haven't built the little gem yet. I guess I need to give it a try...

Burstbucker

Here are some pedals that I built a while back using skillets for the enclosures, the idea for the Bronto Boost came from Joe Gagan.  BTW, these things weigh a ton!  Not the most practical enclosures but real conversation starters.
8^)

Here ya go, one BrontoBoost comin' right up!...................

And one whacked-out Fuzz/Treble Booster pedal.  Check out the The Wild Mushroom!
8^)

This part of it ain't pretty..............................

SuperGeo

Very nice!!  :D

It reminds me a Pod XT   ;D

newbie builder

That mushroom device is truly awsome.
//

ejbasses

hi guys,

heres my latest build. its based on the ROG tube reamer version 2. i use it on bass so it has bigger caps everywhere. plus i also used rectifier diodes for clipping. this one will be going to me to the gigs hehe.

will try to post pics of the guts later

Four Strings To Rule Them All And In The Darkness Bind Them

goodrevdoc

Seeing everyone's cool LG annd rubys, i just had to post these...
Its a smokey clone from folkurban, fit into something resembling an Altoids tin. Gonna make several and give to my friends as gifts, as they cost me less than $4 US a peice.

Sanded off the protective varnish, and now the steel is all tarnished and vintage looking. It certainly must add mojo, because the sound is very good, although not all that clean.

Cliff Schecht

I tried running my MKII though a small speaker and couldn't stand the sound... I ended up using a Samsung speaker inteded for use as a speaker phone for cell phones and was quite pleased with the sound. The MKII uses the bridged 386's though so just a 9v battery is out of the question.

rockhorst

That's a ridiculously tiny speaker, compared to that 9V block  :icon_eek:
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

Burstbucker

"It reminds me a Pod XT"

Yeah, I guess the Wild Mushroom does look a bit like a POD.  But if there's ever a nuclear attack the POD will be vaporised instantly but this thing, along with %^&*roachs, will still be here!
8^)

markm

The Wild Mushroom is incredible!
What exactly is the enclosure?

Mordred

QuoteThe Wild Mushroom is incredible!
What exactly is the enclosure?

I was thinking the same thing ..... it looks like a frying pan with the handle removed   :icon_lol:

any

as you can read in the post, he used a skillet (a.k.a. frying pan)
It's supposed to sound that way.

Branimir

Quote from: ejbasses on July 17, 2006, 11:41:39 PM
will try to post pics of the guts later
only  one question here...

doesn't this transparent led make you blind? ;D

I have a blue one, and I can't look at the pedal when it's on!

supercool looks but very hard to actually watch into heh.
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

bean

Ruby:

Tube Screamer (sorta)

Burstbucker

markm,

Yep, the Wild Mushroom's enclosure is actually an aluminum skillet that I bought at the local Salvation Army for next to nothing, heck the price was right!
8^)

markm

Quote from: Burstbucker on July 18, 2006, 04:40:58 PM
markm,

Yep, the Wild Mushroom's enclosure is actually an aluminum skillet that I bought at the local Salvation Army for next to nothing, heck the price was right!
8^)

:icon_lol:
That's Great!!
I like the idea.
It turned out Fabulous!